Stable Financial Footing

trophyshy

do the majority say that?

Stevies Poll

It's 50-50 actually :D

I havent voted yet ;)

You can't see the results of a poll until you either vote or render your vote null though.

well in that case ive lost my vote for the old poll and the new one because I've viewed both results. :icon_lol:

Would have voted for keeping him anyway.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last years accounts are due soon aren't they?

I think they'll show that all he has done to put us on a stable financial footing is reduce the wage bill and transfer outgoings. Anyone with half a brain could have come in and taken an axe to the squad/staff as he has.

They'll also show crowds down, sponsorship down, advertising down, merchandise down, corporate sales down, TV revenue down, overall income down (or should I say losses up) and total debt up.

I think they'll show that all he has done to put us on a stable financial footing is reduce the wage bill and transfer outgoings. Anyone with half a brain could have come in and taken an axe to the squad/staff as he has.

They'll also show crowds down, sponsorship down, advertising down, merchandise down, corporate sales down, TV revenue down, overall income down (or should I say losses up) and total debt up.

This point that keeps getting wheeled out, again by Llambias today, that he's never taken a penny out of the club. Has this ever being nailed as a fact, a lie or is it all smoke and mirrors.

Ah - the George Osbourne plan for deficit reduction

This point that keeps getting wheeled out, again by Llambias today, that he's never taken a penny out of the club. Has this ever being nailed as a fact, a lie or is it all smoke and mirrors.

I would imagine it's true. It's his fucking fault it's cost him money though.

taken from 'United for Newcastle'

Pardew let it slip that the "£35 million" he can spend in the summer will include fees and wages, so don't expect too much in the summer.

We'll break it down:

Let's say we buy 2 players at £5m each = £10m

5 year deals at £40,000 per week = £20m (over five years)

Therefore if wages and transfer fees are included (excluding signing on fee)

Total =£30m

Two "£5m" players for £30m.

I worked out that in a different way:

we need to buy a class centre forward which would cost £20m

pay £60k a week which over 5 year contract is £15.6m.

Total = £35.6m

That sort of money’s not a huge amount for footballers, as Liverpool have proven it won’t buy you the calibre of an Andy Carroll.

Bearing in mind before the transfer window opened we needed another quality centre forward to play alongside Carroll to progress the club — then that sort of “warchest” is shite.

Now if you add in ticket sales, sponsorship, TV revenue, shirt sales etc — again, that sort of “warchest” is shite.

Ah - the George Osbourne plan for deficit reduction

:D Good analogy.

First up, good post btw.

This stable financial footing Ashley claims to be putting us on.

1. Do you believe it? i.e. that MA is working toward making NUFC more sustainable?

Of course, he would never wish to devalue his own asset. I believe it is his intention and I also believe he is succeeding even though his decision making has been woeful.

2. Will it be a platform to challenge or is it merely to engineer profit?

I think both. Ashley is egotistical and would love to prove everyone wrong and stick two fingers up. At the same time, if he gets a good enough offer he will be out the door before we can fininsh the first line of "you FCB get out of our club"

3. If the football bubble ever does burst (I don't think it will) will we really be in a better position to exploit the post-bubble neo-prem?

Any business showing a profit is better than one not showing a profit regardless of the circumstances imo

4. Once he has this stable footing, how many years of that before we will compete again, if ever? I mean how many years of uncompetitive stability before even the MA backers realise he is never going to show ambition or win anything, or will we actually push on and how long may that take?

When he has made enough to cover the costs of his buying the club, putting all the money he has allegedly put in and can be safe in the knowledge he has still made a profit regardless of the circumstances.

5. What price do you think he would take for the club now? You have to factor in the ££££'s free advertising his company is getting too....how much for his international billboard? Is Sports Direct expanding internationally? That would make his continued 'sponsorship' highly valuable and very cheap.

I don't think he is ready to sell yet, he would not get back enough unless he got an offer of £200m + which simply aint gonna happen.

6. And so we can have a laugh in September, what amount of £35m will be spent on transfer fees in the summer?

As stated on a previous thread, it will all probably be spent and accounted for in transfer fees and wages, he will simply move a few on to cover the fees and wages to make a profit in the hope no1 will realise. SIMPLES!

1. Do you believe it? i.e. that MA is working toward making NUFC more sustainable?

Yes I believe he trying to improve the clubs finances.

To engineer a sale.

3. If the football bubble ever does burst (I don't think it will) will we really be in a better position to exploit the post-bubble neo-prem?

Can only be more advantageous to be in a healthy financial position.

4. Once he has this stable footing, how many years of that before we will compete again, if ever? I mean how many years of uncompetitive stability before even the MA backers realise he is never going to show ambition or win anything, or will we actually push on and how long may that take?

Depends what you mean by competing. If top 6 then we could have been competing for that this year with a tad more luck. Champions league is a rich clubs plaything these days. Cant really see that changing.

5. What price do you think he would take for the club now? You have to factor in the ££££'s free advertising his company is getting too....how much for his international billboard? Is Sports Direct expanding internationally? That would make his continued 'sponsorship' highly valuable and very cheap.

No Idea

6. And so we can have a laugh in September, what amount of £35m will be spent on transfer fees in the summer?

Anything less than a 30mill spend would be disappointing

For me its now all about the summer. It we dont spend a lot then we finally will have no doubt about his intentions.

To be fair there's only you and Skidmark that don't see the guy for what he is.

I disagree. I think there was quite a few on this forum who were starting to believe that with the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa, getting contracts for the likes of Carrol sorted out, that we were on the up and heading in the right direction.

The progress since relegation would never satisfy the likes of Leazes , but I think a lot of Ashley haters still had some belief creaping in that the club was heading in the right direction.

Carrols sale has stalled that belief for me, which is why I say the summer spending bill will be make or break.

Like I have said, almost since he had hardly got his foot through the door, his sole aim was to stay in the premiership, while spending as little as possible and pocketing as much as possible, through selling our best players. He bought into the myth that we "always had 50,000 crowds" like lots of other fuckwits - not even just southerners because lots of NUFC fans attracted to the club by the previous regime also gullibly bought into it - and has now had a shock and will get an even bigger one when season ticket renewal time comes, unless he has found a buyer.

He bought people pints in the Bigg Market, a cringeworthy attempt at a PR exercise to buy popularity when he knew all along he had no ambition on the pitch, along with his other stunts which capitalised on the misguided unpopularity of the previous owners, among those who didn't understand what they had done for the club during their time in charge, and had became used to the club showing ambition, thinking it was an automatic thing. Ambition is a choice, which was pointed out many times, nobody has to do it. He chose not to show it, and many many other potential owners out there could do exactly the same thing.

That is all there is too it. The wrong bloke, a terrible terrible owner, all I have done is stuck to my guns, which was easy because I knew that I was right.

Edited by LeazesMag

I'm not sure but I know he has changed the terms of his loan from being repayable on sale to being repayable on demand i.e. he could now pull the plug at any moment he wanted.

and yet, there are still people out there who insist "we are better off". Wtf are they saying on Newcastle Online? - probably cringeworthy stuff I would think.

Doh.

To engineer a sale.

Depends what you mean by competing. If top 6 then we could have been competing for that this year with a tad more luck. Champions league is a rich clubs plaything these days. Cant really see that changing.

No Idea

For me its now all about the summer. It we dont spend a lot then we finally will have no doubt about his intentions.

Fuckin' hell. Ive always seen him for what he is. Don't believe Leazes' posts when he tells you what my stance is.

I'm not sure but I know he has changed the terms of his loan from being repayable on sale to being repayable on demand i.e. he could now pull the plug at any moment he wanted.

I'm sure last years accounts showed that he'd taken out a few million....couldn't fathom why he'd do it when we still had an overdraft/debt that we're paying interest on.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

Fuckin' hell. Ive always seen him for what he is. Don't believe Leazes' posts when he tells you what my stance is.

I haven't told anybody you prawn, they have seen for themselves.

jajajajajaja!

Ashley's cuckolding you. Man up and stop giving him this 6 month trial period every transfer window.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

I disagree. I think there was quite a few on this forum who were starting to believe that with the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa, getting contracts for the likes of Carrol sorted out, that we were on the up and heading in the right direction.

The progress since relegation would never satisfy the likes of Leazes , but I think a lot of Ashley haters still had some belief creaping in that the club was heading in the right direction.

Carrols sale has stalled that belief for me, which is why I say the summer spending bill will be make or break.

Like I have said, almost since he had hardly got his foot through the door, his sole aim was to stay in the premiership, while spending as little as possible and pocketing as much as possible, through selling our best players. He bought into the myth that we "always had 50,000 crowds" like lots of other fuckwits - not even just southerners because lots of NUFC fans attracted to the club by the previous regime also gullibly bought into it - and has now had a shock and will get an even bigger one when season ticket renewal time comes, unless he has found a buyer.

He bought people pints in the Bigg Market, a cringeworthy attempt at a PR exercise to buy popularity when he knew all along he had no ambition on the pitch, along with his other stunts which capitalised on the misguided unpopularity of the previous owners, among those who didn't understand what they had done for the club during their time in charge, and had became used to the club showing ambition, thinking it was an automatic thing. Ambition is a choice, which was pointed out many times, nobody has to do it. He chose not to show it, and many many other potential owners out there could do exactly the same thing.

That is all there is too it. The wrong bloke, a terrible terrible owner, all I have done is stuck to my guns, which was easy because I knew that I was right.

People wanting to spend as little as possible as soon as they get their foot in the door don't sanction the spending money Big Sam was given pretty much straight away. You fail to see the flaws in you argument and go on claiming that you were always right.

What I'm trying to say Leazes is that you're basically a tosser.

he got his fingers burned and the fans turned on him, it was then the fun stopped and the hard nosed businessing came to the fore, although I am sure they were bubbling under anyway.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

You were posting yesterday asking if I still believed if Mike Ashley would bring us Champions League football. Therefore people read this and think that I thought that. I did ask you to provide quotes but you fucked off and ignored your stupidity instead of admitting the errors of your ways, because you're a fucking stupid old cunt.

he got his fingers burned and the fans turned on him, it was then the fun stopped and the hard nosed businessing came to the fore, although I am sure they were bubbling under anyway.

Showed his true colours tbh.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

You were posting yesterday asking if I still believed if Mike Ashley would bring us Champions League football. Therefore people read this and think that I thought that. I did ask you to provide quotes but you fucked off and ignored your stupidity instead of admitting the errors of your ways, because you're a fucking stupid old cunt.

:D

I'm sure last years accounts showed that he'd taken out a few million....couldn't fathom why he'd do it when we still had an overdraft/debt that we're paying interest on.

I can't see anything in the accounts to say that, in fact his loan increased in 08/09.