Stable Financial Footing

trophyshy

And Alex wants to ignore the hallway and concentrate on the kitchen.

Have you seen the price of a new kitchen man? My sister is paying £6k just for the fucking worktops.

No but I've seen the state of your current kitchen. :(

Just messing like. Anyway your sister is doing alright for herself with a new house, new motor and new kitchen. Flaunting it a bit iyam. Don't tell her I said that, obviously.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently my house is the 11th best but everyone else in the street have just returned from B&Q with carloads of paint, wallpaper and general DIY equipment. Ive checked the garage and it turns out wor lass has just sold off the only tin of that nice cream paint we had to the bloke next door leaving us with a couple of rolls of 1970s flock wallpaper and half an old tin of custard yellow paint.

:(

and you are trying to find more top quality replacement wallpaper at 1970's prices ?

Edited by LeazesMag

You just claimed I called you a WUM. In fact, I said the exact opposite.

Do you at least see what I'm getting at about comprehension?

shame you don't compehend ambition when it stares you in the face.

We will not get back into the Champions League ie near thetop of the league again until we get owners like the Halls and Shepherd again.

The vast majority of potential owners would more than likely be the same as, or worse than, Mike Ashley.

That means finding someone who knows the club and has the same ambition as the Halls and Shepherd, could be difficult and could take a long time.

Admit it. You were wrong, and you won't even admit it. So the next time you feel "embarrassment" at being laughed at for supporting a top football club, just tell them they are wankers instead of whining on about how terrible it makes you feel. Comprehend ?

We will not get back into the Champions League ie near thetop of the league again until we get owners like the Halls and Shepherd again.

The vast majority of potential owners would more than likely be the same as, or worse than, Mike Ashley.

That means finding someone who knows the club and has the same ambition as the Halls and Shepherd, could be difficult and could take a long time.

Admit it. You were wrong, and you won't even admit it. So the next time you feel "embarrassment" at being laughed at for supporting a top football club, just tell them they are wankers instead of whining on about how terrible it makes you feel. Comprehend ?

:( Class. Read that in a proper playground voice.

No we won't. The game has moved on to such dizzying heights that we it takes more than a couple of reasonably successful local businessmen to get a club up and running. Nor would we have the benefit of 'riding the wave' of the early PL years. It's a mature market now, with firmly established big hitters. Man City have demonstrated the wedge required to make even half an impact.

We won't be in the CL any time soon- not just down to the failings of our slapstick owner, but the depth of the pockets of others.

No reply though ? You can reply to the rest of the post too if you like. In your own time, when you comprehend it ?

As you don't even comprehend someone with less than 30% of shares doesn't run the football club single handed, I'm not holding my breath.

No reply though ? You can reply to the rest of the post too if you like. In your own time, when you comprehend it ?

As you don't even comprehend someone with less than 30% of shares doesn't run the football club single handed, I'm not holding my breath.

sucked-in.jpg

we payed £9k in our old flat for a new kitchen refit. the kitchen was the size of a small shoebox as well.

Nice analogy btw.

I need a new kitchen and was quoted £9K from B&Q ffs. B & fucking Q! They won't budge either. What recession etc....

Can I put my two pennies in without reading this thread?

Shepherd and Halls - small time business people with ambition but without the funds to accomplish anything in the modern football era (post Abromovich). Personally I took offence at their personal greed (salaries, dividends etc) which contradicted them being genuine fans imo.

Ashley - big time business man with plenty of funds but zero ambition for the future of the club. Fucked up big time on the asking price of the club and now is determined to get his money back, regardless of whether it's good for the club or not. Seems to revel in insulting the fans at every opportunity. Basically a massive cunt.

Anyone else agree?

Matt has done so already. I share his opinion fwiw, because it's common sense. I wasn't going to put it forward in response though because by and large you choose to ignore common sense points and instead substitute a wild and hysterical view that the person never held. And so the cycle continues.

Stable Financial Footing or Super Fresco by Graham and Brown?

What goes up, must come down.

indeed, I was taking the analogy to its natural conclusion.

The ads not on youtube yet like, disgraceful.

Edited by trophyshy

we payed £9k in our old flat for a new kitchen refit. the kitchen was the size of a small shoebox as well.

Nice analogy btw.

I need a new kitchen and was quoted £9K from B&Q ffs. B & fucking Q! They won't budge either. What recession etc....

Shepherd and Halls - small time business people with ambition but without the funds to accomplish anything in the modern football era (post Abromovich). Personally I took offence at their personal greed (salaries, dividends etc) which contradicted them being genuine fans imo.

Ashley - big time business man with plenty of funds but zero ambition for the future of the club. Fucked up big time on the asking price of the club and now is determined to get his money back, regardless of whether it's good for the club or not. Seems to revel in insulting the fans at every opportunity. Basically a massive cunt.

Anyone else agree?

Whatever you do avoid B&Q.

I did a lot of research on this in the summer and ended up using a very professional company called NB Kitchens based on bede industrial estate next to Tesco in South Shields.

Their ranges are fantastic and far superior build to B&Q and I shit you not, their service is unbelievable (remember this is high praise coming from a cynic who spent 18 years in retail).

They will come out, absolutely no selling, see what your after and mock up you up the best 3d "photo" plan you will ever see. They send this out to you or you can pick it up. Still no hard sell.

Started fitting on a Monday and finished on a Friday and their proper Joiners were fantastic. We even had a change of mind about something half way through and nothing was a bother.

They have done loads of work for friends and family.

We went for the white high gloss.

The bloke who owns it is called Norman Aidie.

http://www.nbinteriors.net/

We agreed a price of £6000 for quite a large units and that included about £2000 worth of appliances. Fitters fee was £850.

Nice analogy btw.

Anyone else agree?

Whatever you do avoid B&Q.

I did a lot of research on this in the summer and ended up using a very professional company called NB Kitchens based on bede industrial estate next to Tesco in South Shields.

Their ranges are fantastic and far superior build to B&Q and I shit you not, their service is unbelievable (remember this is high praise coming from a cynic who spent 18 years in retail).

They will come out, absolutely no selling, see what your after and mock up you up the best 3d "photo" plan you will ever see. They send this out to you or you can pick it up. Still no hard sell.

Started fitting on a Monday and finished on a Friday and their proper Joiners were fantastic. We even had a change of mind about something half way through and nothing was a bother.

They have done loads of work for friends and family.

We went for the white high gloss.

The bloke who owns it is called Norman Aidie.

http://www.nbinteriors.net/

We agreed a price of £6000 for quite a large units and that included about £2000 worth of appliances. Fitters fee was £850.

Cheers for the tip CT. Going to start thinking about it again at Easter, will definitely check out these guys. Local firms are usually a lot better from experience.

I'm a tad confused.

If I have a pair of tartan slippers and the dog (I haven't got a dog - perish the thought) shit on them, would they then be brown slippers?? :rolleyes:

Or, if I bought the Guardian newspaper and the dog ripped it up, would it then still be the Guardian newspaper?? :(

One thing is for certain, I will not buy a dog; just in case either of the two, above, happen.

I, too, want a new kitchen this year. I was not anticipating anything over 6k. I'm slightly shocked and not a little taken aback by the revelations in this thread. I also am getting a new roof next month. Not cantilever though.

The man clearly knows fuck all about football, but he didn't make over £1 billion by being stupid, he obviously has fantastic business sense and contrary to popular belief it isn't in his best interest to destroy Newcastle United.

You obviously had a lot of debt left over from the days of Freddy Shepherd and he's probably taking care of that, it would be nice if clubs were abit more open with fans about the state of their finances, however, I can understand why they don't wish to publicise such matters.

The man clearly knows fuck all about football, but he didn't make over £1 billion by being stupid, he obviously has fantastic business sense and contrary to popular belief it isn't in his best interest to destroy Newcastle United.

You obviously had a lot of debt left over from the days of Freddy Shepherd and he's probably taking care of that, it would be nice if clubs were abit more open with fans about the state of their finances, however, I can understand why they don't wish to publicise such matters.

Bloke with fantastic business sense makes a huge financial loss, and provides football team of decreasing ability

Blokes with no business sense take over failing club, regenerate ground, provide best football team in generations, make a fortune into the bargain

Does not compute

Edited by spongebob toonpants

:rolleyes: Class. Read that in a proper playground voice.

Matt has done so already. I share his opinion fwiw, because it's common sense. I wasn't going to put it forward in response though because by and large you choose to ignore common sense points and instead substitute a wild and hysterical view that the person never held. And so the cycle continues.

ah. Clinging to someone else's comments. I'm surprised one of the fairy godmothers haven't came along yet, and demanded you answer my question, as they do. :(

I was going to reply to Matt earlier, but had to go. I partly agree with him, of course, ie not completely, but it only amplifies what a real shame that you were too stupid to appreciate it at the time, instead of whinging like a bairn about your embarrassment and poor little feelings.

You still don't admit you were wrong either. What a tosser.

Edited by LeazesMag

Your posts honestly do read like a baby's you know. I'm just being judicious and chosing not to participate-you talk even less sense when you're seething, as is clearly the case now.

haha, seething ? ... omg.

I don't give a toss man, you were wrong and haven't got the balls to admit you were talking shite.

Where's your fairy godmother to demand you answer the question ?

righto Leazes. It definitely comes across that way btw.

it certainly does look like you aren't going to reply in a mature fashion to the points I raised earlier, no.

Lack of basic comprehension, I suppose.

When you don't manage to draw someone into the more futile stages of a 'debate' you go mental and call them a "tosser" :( . It just looks proper needy and inadequate tbh.

Anyway I associated myself with Matt's comment, so the 'response' is already out there, I simply chose not to expand on it because you'd just read things into my post that werent there anyway. :rolleyes:

When you don't manage to draw someone into the more futile stages of a 'debate' you go mental and call them a "tosser" :( . It just looks proper needy and inadequate tbh.

Anyway I associated myself with Matt's comment, so the 'response' is already out there, I simply chose not to expand on it because you'd just read things into my post that werent there anyway. :rolleyes:

Well, I think complaining about being "embarrassed" at supporting a football team playing in europe, or the actions of another individual, shows an extreme case of over-sensitivity, were you in tears, or close to tears ?

You still don't answer the rest of my earlier post, and your fairy godmother is still not here yet. Do you need your fairy godmother, because it certainly looks like they feel you need them ?

You should try and get this thread back on course, instead of choosing to jump in and respond to me, again, in the obsessed way that you do.