Will 40 points be enough?

Monroe Transfer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, we're safe. ALL of the teams below us would have to pick up points for us to drop into it. Too unlikely.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

And I can see that happening.

I'm getting a bit sick of taking the lead in games and then dropping points. Off the top of my head that's happened at least 4 times this year alone.

We've also gotta lose 8 out of our last nine games...

Nah, we're safe. ALL of the teams below us would have to pick up points for us to drop into it. Too unlikely.

See that's were you are incorrect, only 7 teams need to pick up points for us to be in the drop zone.

edit: make that 8 but only by goal difference.

Edited by sammynb

See that's were you are incorrect, only 7 teams need to pick up points for us to be in the drop zone.

Erm, how?

:(

I hope you're laughing because he's wrong, you thick cunt :icon_lol:

Erm, how?

Read my edit, it should be 8 but if you're asking how, you may need to think about it.

Wrong still, we need to play two of the bottom two, so they'd need to pick up points to stop us picking up points - therefore meaning all of them would need to, as i said

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Wrong still, we need to play two of the bottom two, so they'd need to pick up points to stop us picking up points - therefore meaning all of them would need to, as i said

What the fuck are you talking about? How many teams in the drop zone?

Two of the bottom two :(

What the fuck are you talking about? How many teams in the drop zone?

Two of the bottom two :icon_lol:

Two of the bottom three I meant you cock, either way, you know you're wrong :(

You cock? Ouch that hurt.

3 teams go down, we are 9th just 6 points above 18th, 9 above 20th, so only 8 of those 11 need to pick up 6 points (9 in the case or 19th & 20th) and a better goal difference from the remaining games if we don't gain another point. Stick with following Leaze around like a bad fart.

Edited by sammynb

3 teams go down, we are 9th just 6 points above 18th, so only 8 of those 11 need to pick up 6 points and a better goal difference from the remaining games if we don't gain another point. Stick with following Leaze around like a bad fart.

No, 10 of those 11 need to. We have to play against 18th and 19th, and for us to stay on the same points, which is the picture you're painting, they'd need to take points from us. You don't get it, do you?

Guest Your Name Here

Convoluted, but true.

It would take a monumental collapse from NUFC to end up in a relegation spot, and the players have shown more than enough character thus far to suggest that isn’t going to happen. I’m more concerned about what will happen when we hit 40 points. I can see the players going into coasting mode with us drifting down into 15th / 16th by the end of the season.

3 teams go down, we are 9th just 6 points above 18th, so only 8 of those 11 need to pick up 6 points and a better goal difference from the remaining games if we don't gain another point. Stick with following Leaze around like a bad fart.

No, 10 of those 11 need to. We have to play against 18th and 19th, and for us to stay on the same points, which is the picture you're painting, they'd need to take points from us. You don't get it, do you?

So you're so arrogant you think those points are a given?

Your arrogance obviously hasn't allowed you to noticed that Wolves and West Brom have started picking up points and Brum have a game in hand.

I bet you sat at home the last time we were relegated, cock in hand rubbing it furiously in the frenzy of "we will pick up points against those in the bottom 3."

:icon_lol:

So you're so arrogant you think those points are a given?

Your arrogance obviously hasn't allowed you to noticed that Wolves and West Brom have started picking up points and Brum have a game in hand.

I bet you sat at home the last time we were relegated, cock in hand rubbing it furiously in the frenzy of "we will pick up points against those in the bottom 3."

What are you on about? You're proven wrong so start talking unrelated shit now? You're just like Leazes :(

You're just like Leazes

If I knew or had seen half as much as Leaze has with NUFC I'd be a proud man.

Yeah he may turn into a rambling broken record when faced with trolls like you but we all know he's been there in the bad times unlike yourself.

Back to the point at hand, we are not mathematically safe, far from it and you can tell me I'm wrong all you like but it still doesn't change the fact we still could be relegated, again, under the man you champion so lovingly.

You're just like Leazes

Yeah he may turn into a rambling broken record when faced with trolls like you but we all know he's been there in the bad times unlike yourself.

Back to the point at hand, we are not mathematically safe, far from it and you can tell me I'm wrong all you like but it still doesn't change the fact we still could be relegated, again, under the man you champion so lovingly.

1. I don't champion him, you clueless arsehole.

2. You didn't say that we weren't mathematically safe and I didn't claim we were. You claimed/contradicted me saying (and thought you were being a clever cunt by saying it) that only 7 (then 8) of the teams below us needed points for us to go down, which was horse shit, and I pulled you up on it. You're wrong. You were WRONG, accept it.

3. Arse kissing Leazes, new depths :(

.com sounding as negative as me.

Right back to where we started from...

Newcastle 1 Everton 2

Leon Best's sixth goal of the season wasn't enough to ensure that United collected maximum points, as they ended a run of three successive home draws by sliding to defeat against the Toffees on Saturday afternoon.

And rather than reaching for the dizzy heights of the top six, the Magpies were left glancing over their shoulder despite remaining in ninth spot - after results elsewhere made the race to avoid relegation ever more open.

You're just like Leazes

1. I don't champion him, you clueless arsehole.

2. You didn't say that we weren't mathematically safe and I didn't claim we were. You claimed/contradicted me saying (and thought you were being a clever cunt by saying it) that only 7 (then 8) of the teams below us needed points for us to go down, which was horse shit, and I pulled you up on it. You're wrong. You were WRONG, accept it.

3. Arse kissing Leazes, new depths :lol:

:D haha, the irony