Will 40 points be enough?

Monroe Transfer

Hughton: Played 16 Won 5 Drew 4 Lost 7 = 19 points

Pardew: Played 14 Won 4 Drew 5 Lost 5 = 17 points.

Not much of an improvement in my book, certainly doesn't seem to have taken the club to a different level as argued when Hughton was sacked and Pardew appointed. Unless of course that level is a relegation level in which case target well and truly achieved. Its quite unbelievable how Ashley and Llambias have managed to turn an exceedingly promising season into a truly disastrous one which may well culminate in relegation, which was far from likely under Hughton.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughton: Played 16 Won 5 Drew 4 Lost 7 = 19 points

Pardew: Played 14 Won 4 Drew 5 Lost 5 = 17 points.

Not much of an improvement in my book, certainly doesn't seem to have taken the club to a different level as argued when Hughton was sacked and Pardew appointed. Unless of course that level is a relegation level in which case target well and truly achieved. Its quite unbelievable how Ashley and Llambias have managed to turn an exceedingly promising season into a truly disastrous one which may well culminate in relegation, which was far from likely under Hughton.

Hughton points per game 1.1875

Rapedoo points per game 1.2143

Pards edging it going on those stats.

I dont think we'll go down, but fuck me we're trying our hardest. Teams below us are all mostly picking up points while we aren't. Villa are struggling as much as us. The GD we have could prove invaluable as well.

Note, this is exactly what I said around this point of the 08/09 season :cuppa:

Good point about the GD.

• 2 weeks later...
Thought Vuckic was injured?

Looks like 40 won't be enough after all.

Mathematically. Still we're only 2 points off the magical 42 point barrier.

3 points.

I think we are safe now but one more win and a couple of results go our way then its almost guarenteed.

I think we are safe now but one more win and a couple of results go our way then its almost guarenteed.

And yeah I'm inclined to agree with that.

One more win and a draw should be enough. Any more is a bonus. Should be doable.

Personally i think we might go on a bit of a run.

That win will lift a bit pressure and if we can get a point or more at villa then the pressure will be gone. That then should mean we can play at ease and finish as high as we can.

I dont expect to get anything from chelsea, man u or liverpool but we could...you never know.

Villa and Blackpool away are games we could well win but id be happy with a point. Our away form is decent.

We should get 6 points at home against birmingham and wba.

And yeah I'm inclined to agree with that.

One more win and a draw should be enough. Any more is a bonus. Should be doable.

Uh-oh.

Certainly no celebrating from Pardew yet.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110404/bo...2281670_2330641

Alan Pardew insists Newcastle still have plenty of work to do as they inch closer to retaining their Premier League status for another season.

An emphatic 4-1 win over Wolves on Saturday has given the Magpies some vital breathing space, leaving them seven points clear of the relegation zone in ninth place.

But with seven games remaining the manager knows it is far from job done just yet.

"We are definitely safer, but we have still got some work to do," explained Pardew.

"We are under no illusions about that, but the win has significantly improved our position.

"Those teams that are fighting for their lives down at the bottom, to actually get another seven points is not going to be easy. Our goal difference is strong, and we look forward to work on Tuesday."

• 3 weeks later...
Still might not be.

I reckon you're the type of bloke who consistently disagrees with the norm just to say I told you so when one opinion finally comes off, while on the other hand everyone will brush your opinion off when we stay up. Wouldn't surprise me if you wanted us to go down to prove yourself. Tit

Still might not be.

I reckon you're the type of bloke who consistently disagrees with the norm just to say I told you so when one opinion finally comes off, while on the other hand everyone will brush your opinion off when we stay up. Wouldn't surprise me if you wanted us to go down to prove yourself. Tit

Ma'man! Exactly.