All-Time Premier League Table 1992 - 2011

shackbleep

Our away record is gash tbf. Lost more than Villa who have been up for 2 more seasons. I'll be honest and say that's how far we've really been from winning things, regardless of how it's sometimes represented.

Our away record is gash tbf. Lost more than Villa who have been up for 2 more seasons. I'll be honest and say that's how far we've really been from winning things, regardless of how it's sometimes represented.

Even the year we 'should've won the league' it was poor (relative to a league challenge anyway). It also explains why we never won a cup in that period, despite being regarded at times as a classic cup team. We got to Wembley on the back of favourable draws in the main. Under KK we came unstuck because you know we were likely to go out away to West Ham or whoever. George Graham's Arsenal were in reality much more of a 'cup team' because they were so difficult to break down and could grind out those away results.

Edited by alex

Even the year we 'should've won the league' it was poor.

I was still astonished by that Villa stat like!

Another one....Everton's GD overall -29. Jesus!

Even the year we 'should've won the league' it was poor.

I was still astonished by that Villa stat like!

Another one....Everton's GD overall -29. Jesus!

Sunderland's is -170 man! :lol:

I seem to remember under both KK and SBR that we'd go the season only losing 1, maybe 2 home games. Truly was fortress St James. But yeah, the away record was diabolical.

usually has been, but didn't we win about 9 away games in one season under Bobby Robson [from memory] ?

I seem to remember under both KK and SBR that we'd go the season only losing 1, maybe 2 home games. Truly was fortress St James. But yeah, the away record was diabolical.

usually has been, but didn't we win about 9 away games in one season under Bobby Robson [from memory] ?

Aye 2001/02. Away record was:

P 19

W 9

D 5

L 5

Trouble was the top 3 teams above us won 14, 12 & 13 away games respectively.

Aye 2001/02. Away record was:

P 19

W 9

D 5

L 5

Trouble was the top 3 teams above us won 14, 12 & 13 away games respectively.

didn't realise that. That is phenomenal.