The F1 2011 thread

Craig

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you think about Bernie's suggestion to make it a bit more exciting with artificial rain???

It's not going to happen it wouldnt make it more exciting it would make it slower and more dangerous. We all love to see crashes but what if a driver was killed by artificial rain surely there would be someone to blame.

Anyway as i said it wont ever happen.

artificial rain, yeh right Bernie, knowing his love for Ferrari, if they’re some way down the field he’d turn on the rain just as the leaders had past the pits giving enough time for the Ferraris to pit and put some wets on before anyone else.

Could make a lot of boring races entertaining — but too open to abuse for it to work.

Craig, when you're next on FB, take a look at the piccy on my wall :D (I wanted to put it on this thread but couldn't find a way to do it as it wouldnt let me save the picture)

I'm looking but I can't find anything... :D

what do you think about Bernie's suggestion to make it a bit more exciting with artificial rain???

Bernie's doing nothing more than diverting attention away from the cancellation of the Bahrain GP. He pulled a similar stunt when the Mosley german hooker thing was at it's height by claiming Hilter wasn't such a bad bloke after all.

Wiley old fox who has made his billions out of manipulating the media. Anyone who thinks he's just a bumbling idiot with little tact have vastly under-estimated him. Whenever F1 gets into the press for bad reasons, he comes out with something that is worse.

Surely artificial rain would be incredibly wasteful and costly, especially in the increasing number of hot, dry places like Abu Dhabi, Bahrain etc.

Indeed. In a sport where they're going to inordinate lengths to reduce carbon footprint and demonstrate sustainability, they can't possibly justify pumping what little water some of the middle eastern states have onto the track.

That said however I don't think illuminating the entire Marina Bay circuit in Singapore is particularly sustainable but it doesn't seem to stop him.

Craig, when you're next on FB, take a look at the piccy on my wall :D (I wanted to put it on this thread but couldn't find a way to do it as it wouldnt let me save the picture)

I'm looking but I can't find anything... :o

Oh :icon_lol: Its on there! No worries its just a photo of the Bahrain/Libyan/Egypt Grand Prix grid! (F1 tanks) :D

"a sport where they're going to inordinate lengths to reduce carbon footprint "

the best way would be to stop the whole sport then???

Fucking killjoy still I see?

I prefer the term "disinterested realist"

I'm just wondering what on earth snakey had to edit. :lol:

:icon_lol::rolleyes: I knew some smartiepants would question it :icon_lol: When I typed it, it was one line right across the page. When it's posted it goest to two lines for some strange reason. I edited it to take some letters out in an attempt to get it back to one line - thus giving the 'comment' it's true effect. All without success, as you can see.

Disinteresting, you most certainly are... :lol:

So "disinterested" you were the second highest poster in the F1 2010 thread with 80+ posts. :lol:

and I'm succeeding magnificently

Parky is drizzling on about the end of the world (and money)

the Drug Fiends Tour hasn't started

we're a year away form the bloody Olympics

no-one has seen Maddy recently

and my favourite female long distance runner is AWOL

Edited by Rob W

well Bernie seems to think it all needs more excitement

Clicky

You got your signed copy yet Rob?

Not necessary - the "Economist" runs regular updates on the rather peculiar business & banking practices of Mr E