Given the choice would you go back?

Would you swap?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped playing with two wingers? Change of formation because they got Ballack on a free. :lol: Moreover, Robben was clearly a better player.

Duff was playing on the right for them though, when you say he was "integral", so what's Robben got to do with it? He was played in that position too, you know, he could play more than one position like Lovenkrands, he's both a winger and a striker. :lol:

So anyway, he was a surplus to requirements, world class, integral member of the Chelsea side then, is what you're saying :lol:

He was a world class winger who became surplus to requirements. It might shock you to know but teams like Chelsea have virtually world class players in every position. Twat.

What kind of idiot makes an ""integral" part of the team surplus to requirements? :lol: Have you not grasped what I'm getting at yet? Do you think it's possible that they had replaced him because he wasn't integral or world class? Not even crossed your mind?

You sad, sad mug. To back up your point, you resort to this. No doubt, my viewpoint will be mirrored.

Any doubts yet? :lol:

Yes? No?

Good night Flair mate :lol:

Stopped playing with two wingers? Change of formation because they got Ballack on a free. :lol: Moreover, Robben was clearly a better player.

Duff was playing on the right for them though, when you say he was "integral", so what's Robben got to do with it? He was played in that position too, you know, he could play more than one position like Lovenkrands, he's both a winger and a striker. :lol:

So anyway, he was a surplus to requirements, world class, integral member of the Chelsea side then, is what you're saying :lol:

He was a world class winger who became surplus to requirements. It might shock you to know but teams like Chelsea have virtually world class players in every position. Twat.

What kind of idiot makes an ""integral" part of the team surplus to requirements? :lol: Have you not grasped what I'm getting at yet? Do you think it's possible that they had replaced him because he wasn't integral or world class? Not even crossed your mind?

Chelsea had world class players in every position, not just one, they came in twos. He was integral one season, they decided to play a different formation the next. Ergo, given that Robben was better, he was no longer required.

Just to add, they didn't replace him directly until the following season when they signed Malouda.

I don't know why I am even arguing about Duff, tbh. Fact remains, N'zogbia/Duff at the time were better than Jonas of today.

Jonas doesn't even start in a full strength midfield though.

Ben Arfa, Tiote, Nolan, Barton

or

Duff Parker Butt AgedSolano

Chelsea had world class players in every position, not just one, they came in twos. He was integral one season, they decided to play a different formation the next. Ergo, given that Robben was better, he was no longer required.

Just to add, they didn't replace him directly until the following season when they signed Malouda.

But Robben/Malouda are wingers, hmmm, but you said Duff went due to a formation change. So errr. :D

I don't know why I am even arguing about Duff, tbh. Fact remains, N'zogbia/Duff at the time were better than Jonas of today.

Jonas doesn't even start in a full strength midfield though.

Ben Arfa, Tiote, Nolan, Barton

or

Duff Parker Butt AgedSolano

N'Zogbia Emre Parker Milner

Owen Martins

or Ben Arfa Tiote Nolan Barton

Ameobi Lovenkrands/Best

Previous, all day long.

But Robben/Malouda are wingers, hmmm, but you said Duff went due to a formation change. So errr. :D

Highlighting the fact, they changed formation that season to the diamond. They also kept Robben just incase as the main winger.

We were on about the midfield when you trolled into the thread, though.

Pretty sure, you are on about the team. I even acknowledged the current team has a slightly better midfield.

I'm a big fan of how ASM writes fuckin' instead of fucking, like it makes him some kind of hard man. "'Ere lad, come on and have a go. Fuckin' pussy!" :lol: I can just see him hunched over the computer, drooling on the keyboard, muttering "Aye, that's it, that's them fuckin' telt" over and over again.

Cue him showing up to hurl invective that he thinks is supremely clever (viz. Gemmil and "alpha male", Leazes and "deluded old fuckwit") at me, probably something involving the word "yank." Like that hasn't been done a few hundred times before on this board, bit like his and Leazes' endless quote pyramids.

I voted for the 2006-2007 squad, but it's a close one. '07 has this season's squad beat comfortably in midfield and in goal, this season's has '07 beat in defence and even discounting Carroll, I don't think they're far off in attack.

Our midfield this year is COMFORTABLY better than the one back then. Not even debatable. We've got the top goalscoring midfielder in the league ffs. I write fuckin' how it's pronounced over here, I couldn't give a fuck about giving you any abuse, I don't care about your opinions on soccer enough to warrant it, because your comments re: the midfield prove that they aren't very clever ones. Run along, sport!

Shows you know fuck all,

We were on about the midfield when you trolled into the thread, though.

Pretty sure, you are on about the team. I even acknowledged the current team has a slightly better midfield.

I'm a big fan of how ASM writes fuckin' instead of fucking, like it makes him some kind of hard man. "'Ere lad, come on and have a go. Fuckin' pussy!" :lol: I can just see him hunched over the computer, drooling on the keyboard, muttering "Aye, that's it, that's them fuckin' telt" over and over again.

Cue him showing up to hurl invective that he thinks is supremely clever (viz. Gemmil and "alpha male", Leazes and "deluded old fuckwit") at me, probably something involving the word "yank." Like that hasn't been done a few hundred times before on this board, bit like his and Leazes' endless quote pyramids.

I voted for the 2006-2007 squad, but it's a close one. '07 has this season's squad beat comfortably in midfield and in goal, this season's has '07 beat in defence and even discounting Carroll, I don't think they're far off in attack.

Our midfield this year is COMFORTABLY better than the one back then. Not even debatable. We've got the top goalscoring midfielder in the league ffs. I write fuckin' how it's pronounced over here, I couldn't give a fuck about giving you any abuse, I don't care about your opinions on soccer enough to warrant it, because your comments re: the midfield prove that they aren't very clever ones. Run along, sport!

Shows you know fuck all,

Finish the quote, you twat.

Shows you know fuck all,

Finish the quote, you twat.

I don't need to, it doesn't change the context at all. Run along, credability shot :lol:

Ability vs team ethic here isn't it? Give me ethic any day, assuming the players are at least decent.

The rot that was in the changing room has gone, replaced by Baron Greenback upstairs.

Ability vs team ethic here isn't it? Give me ethic any day, assuming the players are at least decent.

The rot that was in the changing room has gone, replaced by Baron Greenback upstairs.

This, although there's some cracking individuals in the older team.

Btw Flair and ASM need to get a room :lol:

Hi Midds :lol:

Edited by Armchair Pundit

In the striking and goalkeeping departments only imo. The rest of our current team beats the old one on both of those.

Its a tough one, dispite the pissy arguements, both squads have some merit. I'd take Given over Harper and our current defense by a long shot. The forwards of the old squad naturally as well. Midfield isnt as easy. I'd take the wingers from the old squad but CMs of the new. Based on a starting 11 only, I get 5 old players and 6 current players. However, the question says squad. Outside of the starting 11 the current squad has one decent players to come in (Ben Arfa, Ireland Im not counting as is a loan and Gosling yet to see). While in the old squad while I'd use Duff and Solano over Jonas and Barton as wingers, there is still the likes of Dyer, Zog & Milner you could have on the bench. In that case, I'd say the old squad.

So given the choice, one whole squad or the other, I'd pick the current based purely on attitude over the old that I think has more overall ability (as a aquad).

:lol:

There really should be an entrance exam.

I said that a long, long time ago. Me doing the questions.

:lol: Not for nothing, if you knock up 20 questions, I'll definitely support it's introduction by bribing the good and the great of Toontastic :lol:

Should be a points system. You need 50% to get in. 10 questions about the toon (3 points for each correct answer). 10 questions about football in general, and a 200 word written statement "why you aren't a mug". To be given a mark out of forty by a panel of five appointed adjudicators.

To be honest, this is Toontastic. So I'd also want a recipe, a film choice and a story about either: breaking up with their girlfriend/wife, shitting, or their cock.

I broke up with a lass because she wouldn't shit on my cock.

Can I have a gold star?

:lol: