Newcastle eye up Adel Taarabt

KeithJ

It was back in the Chronicle yesterday that we were looking at him. I think he would be a great signing however I would struggle to see where he would fit in to our team. Kevin Nolan usually plays in the hole behind the strikers and I cant imagine him as an effective central midfielder due to him being more of a late arriver in the box type player.

What does excite me is having Taarabt and Ben Arfa playing together! Two flair players working together would keep teams guessing however we really need a striker who will be able to score!

With the club suggesting they are looking at players from lower leagues and across france, germany, holland and alike could we expect a shopping list similar to....

Gunter RB (Forest) 3mil

Taarabt ACM (QPR) 5mil

Lens RM/LW/ST (PSV) 8mil

Derdiyok ST (Leverkusen) 8mil

24mil spend.

Could possible reduce the net spend by letting a few go too....Smith 1mil and Routledge 1mil

That could happen ya know.

Absolutely would be on my shopping list and shouldnt cost any more than 4-5mil.

Exactly what we need in the middle of the park alongside Tiote. Barton and Jonas or Ben Arfa out wide.

QPR will be swapping leagues with us in the summer so he's better off staying with them.

Absolutely would be on my shopping list and shouldnt cost any more than 4-5mil.

Exactly what we need in the middle of the park alongside Tiote. Barton and Jonas or Ben Arfa out wide.

QPR will be swapping leagues with us in the summer so he's better off staying with them.

Ahh fuck off with that shite man.

I'd love us to get him but QPR don't need to and won't sell him, especially as they know he could take the prem by storm and either help keep them up or at least end up making them seriously big money. They'd be mad to be selling him now for £5m or similar.

But he has only 2 years on his contract and has said himself that if QPR get promoted then he has done his bit. He is ambitious and open to what could happen.

The doors open iyam.

They couldnt really demand much more than 5 mil for a player signed for 1mil, come out of the CC and only has 2 years left on his contract.

With the club suggesting they are looking at players from lower leagues and across france, germany, holland and alike could we expect a shopping list similar to....

Gunter RB (Forest) 3mill

Taarabt ACM (QPR) 5mil

Lens RM/LW/ST (PSV) 8mil

24mil spend.

Could possible reduce the net spend by letting a few go too....Smith 1mil and Routledge 1mil

Please not another Forest right-back .....

Gunter RB (Forest) 3mill

Taarabt ACM (QPR) 5mil

Lens RM/LW/ST (PSV) 8mil

24mil spend.

Please not another Forest right-back .....

Haha Gunter actually does look decent though.

But he has only 2 years on his contract and has said himself that if QPR get promoted then he has done his bit. He is ambitious and open to what could happen.

The doors open iyam.

They couldnt really demand much more than 5 mil for a player signed for 1mil, come out of the CC and only has 2 years left on his contract.

Yeah, thats almost like demanding 35 mil for a player signed for nothing, 6 months after coming out of the CC

:lol: