Ranger to Blackpool

KeithJ

Its not harsh on here, it's just people are now starting to realise what some have been saying over and over for the last 2 years. He is not good enough a)

Yes, I think writing a player off after 1 league start is very harsh. Complete knee-jerk. People shot Carroll down after about 5 appearances as well.

He has done well when coming on as an impact sub in several games, notably the Liverpool and Arsenal games.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of us are basing our assumption off seeing various sub appearances as well as the start, I'm not completely writing him off just would prefer sub appearances to be what he gets rather than starts (I know due to injuries etc it's forced Pardews hand) as he's obviously miles away from playing at this level. A loan to a championship club would be the best option (IF we get strikers in, which if we don't we're fucked next season anyway), we may as well just try other young strikers like Phil Airey while we're at it because Ranger really hasn't shown anything to be deserving of his current place.

Shola can be infuriating at times, but there's no doubt that whenever he's had a run out in the first team he's banged in a few goals.

Ranger is a player with a lot of promise. He's quick and strong and has shown that he can find the net at a lower level. Granted, he's been very naive at times when it's come to finishing this season, but I think he just needs that first goal to boost his confidence and everybody else's confidence in him. Definitely someone with great potential, along with Ferguson.

I think he has the potential to eventually grow into a player of a similar caliber to Ameobi, but currently he is light-years away from that coming to fruition. He can only dream of reaching such heights until he changes his attitude for the better; until that time comes, he is doomed to be known as Nil Ranger, the worst striker on our books. Kuqi should have come on a lot earlier against Villa.