The big 7

Deano

Ben Arfa, Barton, Tiote, Nolan, Coloccini, Jonas and Enrique.

They are the solid and top class spine we build our team around. Next season we really will have a side well capable of a top 7 finish. A few quality signings in the summer and that will only reinforce that.

I think the only one we run the risk of losing is Enrique but i have a feeling we mite just keep a hold of him.

I actually think we only need ONE player to go straight into the 1st team next season and thats a target man up front. 3 or 4 more to bulk the squad out too.

Even without that new target man, with the big 7 and the other squad players we have, much like this season if HBA stayed fit, we can challenge the top 7/8.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

---Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Gutierrez---

---Ben Arfa---

-------Shola-------

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One? You mentalist :)

One preferably two forwards to go into first team

Barton is really a CM so we need a RM. Routledge is coming back but isnt good enough.

Another top centre half to sit alongside Colo

Decent RB

I agree we need to bulk out squad, but you dont but someone worse than what you have. You buy someone to fight for a start and is ideally better than you have. Simpson, Williamson, Shola etc become the squad player.

One? You mentalist :)

One preferably two forwards to go into first team

Barton is really a CM so we need a RM. Routledge is coming back but isnt good enough.

Another top centre half to sit alongside Colo

Decent RB

I agree we need to bulk out squad, but you dont but someone worse than what you have. You buy someone to fight for a start and is ideally better than you have. Simpson, Williamson, Shola etc become the squad player.

This TBH. We are desperately short up front. Shola on his day is a useful player but he's never fit and inconsistant as fuck. Lovenkrands is past it at this level. Ranger is still raw and might never make it and we still don't really know where Ben Arfa will fit in.

Williamson does ok but we could do with better and Taylor's looked shocking recently.

I doubt Routledge will be back also.

Ben Arfa, Barton, Tiote, Nolan, Coloccini, Jonas and Enrique.

They are the solid and top class spine we build our team around. Next season we really will have a side well capable of a top 7 finish. A few quality signings in the summer and that will only reinforce that.

I think the only one we run the risk of losing is Enrique but i have a feeling we mite just keep a hold of him.

I actually think we only need ONE player to go straight into the 1st team next season and thats a target man up front. 3 or 4 more to bulk the squad out too.

Even without that new target man, with the big 7 and the other squad players we have, much like this season if HBA stayed fit, we can challenge the top 7/8.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

---Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Gutierrez---

---Ben Arfa---

-------Shola-------

No team that plays Shola Ameobi as their main striker will ever finish in the top 7 of the premier league :)

We need to be signing a few first teamers rather than squad players imo to avoid the syndrome most newly promoted sides seem prone to in their 2nd season. We've gotten a long way on team spirit this season.

Simpson is good enough and has shown it, as too is Saylor.

Barton has been far better for us at RM than in the middle. If we were to play Barton in the middle that would mean droppin Nolan and that wont happen. It cant happen, he is too important to us at the moment. There for RM isnt an issue nor is RB.

Routledge coming back, if he does, will give us cover but yes we do need a RB but only as cover and competition with Simpson.

AP has said that HBA will play as a kinda number 10 with is in the hole behind a striker so really we only need ONE striker to go straight into the side.

Granted that ALL players signed who arent going into the 1st team need to be good enough to challenge to be there though.

One striker for the 1st team.

One striker to challenge the 1st team.

One RB to challenge Simpson.

One LB to cover for Enrique or One first team LB should Enrique leave.

Possibly one winger who can cover both flanks.

The likes of Shola, Best, Guthrie, Gosling, Routledge, Raylor, Lua-Lua, Vuckic, Kadar and Williamson should only be squad players when legs get tired.

Should be blooded in cup games and in last 20 mins of games we are comfortable.

We need two new strikers. Lovenkrands isnt fit enough for another season, nor is he good enough.

We need a better Centre Back than Williamson, weakest player in the team.

We need a RB, Simpson is decent but i'd prefer him as cover.

We need a pacey right winger so we can mix things up a bit more.

We need more quality and pace to play alongside Tiote in the middle.

We need two new strikers. Lovenkrands isnt fit enough for another season, nor is he good enough.

We need a better Centre Back than Williamson, weakest player in the team.

We need a RB, Simpson is decent but i'd prefer him as cover.

We need a pacey right winger so we can mix things up a bit more.

We need more quality and pace to play alongside Tiote in the middle.

Well yeah i agree to a point.

Id get rid of lovenkrands, use best and shola as backup, bring in two strikers but one of them as an immediate 1st teamer.

Taylor should be in there with colo and williamson/kadar as cover.

Simspon is good enough but we do need someone to challenge him.

I dont agree about the pacey right winger though, not if its to start games regularly. Barton is best out wide. But an option off the bench of in odd games would be good.

What i suggest would just be to prepare for next season, if we finish in european places next year then we can look at a better RB, another quality striker to rotate and possibly a RM because then, at that time nolan and barton would be losing the legs. Nolans are starting to go anyway.

Barton has been fantastic out wide of course but he is more than capable of playing in the middle too. His lack of pace does limit how we use him wide right, there is much to be gained from attacking with pace down both sides, not just the left. It would give us options anyway.

Barton has been fantastic out wide of course but he is more than capable of playing in the middle too. His lack of pace does limit how we use him wide right, there is much to be gained from attacking with pace down both sides, not just the left. It would give us options anyway.

Agreed but we would then only be utilising his delivery on dead ball situations. An option off the bench however is a good idea. One that routledge would give us but if we can get better then id be happy for it. Lens?

When's he ever shown himself to be a PL class centre-back? Would be my question. That's not a defence of Williamson btw, who isn't good enough either imo. If they were both back-up, that's a different matter.

When's he ever shown himself to be a PL class centre-back? Would be my question. That's not a defence of Williamson btw, who isn't good enough either imo. If they were both back-up, that's a different matter.

I cant name games but come on he has been in the PL for years now and does have the ability. Its his arsing about that needs to be addressed.

Theres no way he is going to be happy as a backup for much longer alex.

I would love us to go get a hangelaand, cahill or a shawcross but that wont happen.

This tbh.

Taylor isn't good enough. He probably never will be. After bringing in two or three strikers or focus should be on bringing in a quality centre back to partner Coloccini.

I cant name games but come on he has been in the PL for years now and does have the ability. Its his arsing about that needs to be addressed.

I would love us to go get a hangelaand, cahill or a shawcross but that wont happen.

Sell the fucker then.

Agreed but we would then only be utilising his delivery on dead ball situations. An option off the bench however is a good idea. One that routledge would give us but if we can get better then id be happy for it. Lens?

Meant to be a great prospect and although i've not seen him play, i'd say someone like him would give us more balance. I'd like to see another central midfielder too as i think a decision needs to be made on whether Guthrie can develop more or needs to be shipped out. A good squad player but if Nolan is out, we are weak in the middle.

I think the reason Pardew didnt bring Barton inside and put Colo there instead was because of how weak it would have made our flank. Barton has to be seen as an option in the middle, not just as an out and out winger. However, he was left out there because he has the discipline (positional) and know-how to play there and compensate for his lack of pace. Guthrie cant and is not showing himself as a dominant sort in the centre so both positions need extra depth for me.

I know he's played in the PL for years. That's my point really, he hasn't developed in that time. Not convinced of his ability either tbh. I wasn't asking for specific games either, it was more the fact that he's never had a sustained period, at CB, in the PL, when he has looked the part. In my opinion. I'd have liked nothing better than a local lad to come through and have become our defensive rock but I don't think he ever will. His best spell in the top flight was in the 2nd half of the season we went down but he mostly played as a full-back which is telling in itself.

Meant to be a great prospect and although i've not seen him play, i'd say someone like him would give us more balance. I'd like to see another central midfielder too as i think a decision needs to be made on whether Guthrie can develop more or needs to be shipped out. A good squad player but if Nolan is out, we are weak in the middle.

I think the reason Pardew didnt bring Barton inside and put Colo there instead was because of how weak it would have made our flank. Barton has to be seen as an option in the middle, not just as an out and out winger. However, he was left out there because he has the discipline (positional) and know-how to play there and compensate for his lack of pace. Guthrie cant and is not showing himself as a dominant sort in the centre so both positions need extra depth for me.

I hear what your saying, of course Barton is and will be an option through the middle when Nolan gets tired or injured. Then we would need an option on the right. Routledge would be a shout, has pace and has done well at QPR. If we could get Lens or Gervinho then our options are far better but id not move Barton into the middle permanently.

Guthrie imo wont ever be much good. Get him and Ranger out on loan and see what happens.

If we do let him go out on loan then we need another option other than gosling and vuckic. Taarabt?

I like the optimism here, it makes me laugh, in fact it makes me spill my John Smiths :)

We have 3 players who are good enough to play for a top 6 side, one of them will leave in the summer, the other 2 will either follow him then or shortly after.

We have 4 or 5 players who are decent premiership players ie Colo, Simpson, Steven Taylor, Guittierez and Nolan.

The rest are not good enough, nowhere near. The fact we rely so much on Ameobi being fit now, is scary, in fact its the scariest thing I can remember since before Mick Quinn and Mark McGhee were signed, since those 2 we've done well for strikers, but now the mould is broken.

You need 15 or 16 players. We need 9 player, not 2nd rate squad player, but about 4 or 5 who can step straight into the team and be quality . The minimum, or its a relegation battle, especially when Enrique, Tiotte and Barton have gone, then we are screwed.

And under this man and how he is running the club, there will be no quick way back next time.

I like the optimism here, it makes me laugh, in fact it makes me spill my John Smiths :)

We have 3 players who are good enough to play for a top 6 side, one of them will leave in the summer, the other 2 will either follow him then or shortly after.

We have 4 or 5 players who are decent premiership players ie Colo, Simpson, Steven Taylor, Guittierez and Nolan.

The rest are not good enough, nowhere near. The fact we rely so much on Ameobi being fit now, is scary, in fact its the scariest thing I can remember since before Mick Quinn and Mark McGhee were signed, since those 2 we've done well for strikers, but now the mould is broken.

You need 15 or 16 players. We need 9 player, not 2nd rate squad player, but about 4 or 5 who can step straight into the team and be quality . The minimum, or its a relegation battle, especially when Enrique, Tiotte and Barton have gone, then we are screwed.

And under this man and how he is running the club, there will be no quick way back next time.

Fuck off and drown in ya pint man. ;)