2009-2011: A two-season triumph for the Toon

Irrelevant Nick KP

Crack will rot your brain, you know.

thank you for the advice doctor, I've never took drugs in my life.

as we keep pointing out =THAT is your problem - you really need the medication

I'd rather not take any of the ones you have that cause you to hallucinate about being on Submarines etc...

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only knew about Tiote because Keegan had Hughton scout him.

Although I will agree on one point. Signing the likes of James Perch and losing to Blackpool as we fight a titanic struggle to secure 12th place is much more exciting then breaking the world transfer record to sign Alan Shearer to play join an already stacked attacking line up which was challenging for the Premiership title and beating Man Utd 5-0.

Edited by citizenerased

chezGiven, I have no proof that signing Tiote was not luck, you have no proof that it was.

citizenerased, The signing of Shearer was so expensive that it ended up necessetitating the sale of Ferdinand and Ginola, and thus bye-bye any chance of the title. Especially given that Shearer was injured that summer, and would never be the same player again.

Shearer would end up costing us far far too much in wages, especially considering that after 1997 he was no longer world-class, but just a very good goal-scorer.

In the last 2 years we have acted like a very sensible club, focusing on frugality and the repayment of debts, while at the same time soaring back up, and with a greatly reduced wage bill.

I see no pleasure in doing well, if you're going to get into great financial trouble because of it.

Surely a WUM? A season watching second tier football followed by a season trying to survive better than 2 seasons of challenging for the Premiership title :) You should go and support a team like West Brom they get pairs of seasons like this all the time.

Surely a WUM? A season watching second tier football followed by a season trying to survive better than 2 seasons of challenging for the Premiership title :) You should go and support a team like West Brom they get pairs of seasons like this all the time.

he should try his luck on NO and skunkers, who have lots of other gimps that believe that shite.

So the benchmark of a successful season is that we got back in the PL (which we should never have been relegated from in the first place), paying less wages and doing better than teams who spent more money than us on players? Well woop de doo, let's hang out the fucking bunting. Much more fun than challenging for the title, or playing in the CL.

Our transfer moves

In

Campbell - shit signing

Gosling - no idea, no worth yet

Perch - Shit

Williamson - Worst player in the starting 11

Simpson - ok right back

Tiote - very lucky

Ben Arfa - unlucky

Best - ok back up striker, not 'very good'

Out (recent)

Carroll - risk of letting him go looks to have paid off, it was a risky move not a shrewd one.

Routledge - Gone apparently, just leaving us light on numbers.

Why is the Tiote signing lucky?? , gotta give the scouts/club a bit of credit?

I rate Simpson but agree with the rest

So the benchmark of a successful season is that we got back in the PL (which we should never have been relegated from in the first place), paying less wages and doing better than teams who spent more money than us on players? Well woop de doo, let's hang out the fucking bunting. Much more fun than challenging for the title, or playing in the CL.

Kitman, exceeding what you spend is what makes happiness. Burnley and Fulham did in 2008-09, and Fulham did again in 2009-2010 and their fans were absolutely delirous.

And look at Chelsea! They won the league last season, but how mooted was their celebrations??? I bet even Abramovich wasn't expecting his band of worshippers to become blazé, THAT quickly!

We got relegated with players like Owen,Martins,Duff,Viduka so called big names on mega bucks. We have stayed up with a decent bunch of players with a great team spirit. We do need new players but ones that fit in and not big time Charlie's. I would say our first season back has been a success as we will be in the prem next season but we need to build on it

We got relegated with players like Owen,Martins,Duff,Viduka so called big names on mega bucks. We have stayed up with a decent bunch of players with a great team spirit. We do need new players but ones that fit in and not big time Charlie's. I would say our first season back has been a success as we will be in the prem next season but we need to build on it

JSM, I was responding to Nick wotsit's post. We have been successful against massively lowered expectations, because these days we're happy to survive. Don't tell me it's been more fun than previous seasons though, oe even particularly successful tbh.

Owen, Martins and Duff have gone on to better things since they left us too.

We also played in the champions league because we bought top footballers and paid the going rate that top clubs ought to be doing.

What's your problem ?

We will go down again with cheap 2nd hand inferior goods under Mike Ashley, nothing is more certain, and this time, without remnants of the previous "high paid big names" left to get back first time, the stay in the lower division will be a lot more prolonged than last time.

JSM, I was responding to Nick wotsit's post. We have been successful against massively lowered expectations, because these days we're happy to survive. Don't tell me it's been more fun than previous seasons though, oe even particularly successful tbh.

mind boggling, and so simple to understand. When will these people understand anything.

Kitman, exceeding what you spend is what makes happiness. Burnley and Fulham did in 2008-09, and Fulham did again in 2009-2010 and their fans were absolutely delirous.

And look at Chelsea! They won the league last season, but how mooted was their celebrations??? I bet even Abramovich wasn't expecting his band of worshippers to become blazé, THAT quickly!

I bet tears of laughter were running down your face when you wrote that Nick :)

I don't want the club I support to pay more than it can afford, ever, no matter what trophies we can buy with debt.

I am against what I, and many others, call financial doping.

As far as I'm concerned it's cheating.

No wonder players earn so much money these days, when clubs act irresponsibly.

If a player who is already earning 20,000 a week, no matter how good he is, asks for more money, my answer would always be, 'No, and if you insist on more money, then find another club. willing to pay it'

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

I don't want the club I support to pay more than it can afford, ever, no matter what trophies we can afford.

If a player who is already earning 20,000 a week, no matter how good he is, asks for more money, my answer would always be, 'No, and if you insist on more money, then find another club. willing to pay it'

Sure. Good luck in your la-la land Nick. No-one would play for your club (whatever it is), they'd all be elsewhere. Personally I'd love it if Ambani or some other billy big pockets stuffed our club so full of cash every top the player in the world was gagging to play for us with Jose Mourinho to manage them. And we trampled every team and pissed our way to the treble or quadruple playing champagne football Barca style.

But there you go :)

Edited by Kitman

Kitman, No one would play for it? I don't agree about that.

And I would keep supporting the Toon if someone like City's owners came and bought us, but I'd be happier winning the Carling Cup with Ashley (who understands more about Geordie culture than they do, and has a financial policy I approve of) than winning the Champions League under them.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

We also played in the champions league because we bought top footballers and paid the going rate that top clubs ought to be doing.

What's your problem ?

We will go down again with cheap 2nd hand inferior goods under Mike Ashley, nothing is more certain, and this time, without remnants of the previous "high paid big names" left to get back first time, the stay in the lower division will be a lot more prolonged than last time.

Fuck off you mug. Owen has played about ten times for Man U and Martins has moved clubs 3 times. I really can't be arsed, all your posts are the same

I don't want the club I support to pay more than it can afford, ever, no matter what trophies we can afford.

plenty of gullible fools on here to agree with you chum

http://www.skunkers.net//forum.php

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php

What's your problem ?

Fuck off you mug. Owen has played about ten times for Man U and Martins has moved clubs 3 times. I really can't be arsed, all your posts are the same

"mug", is that the current buzz word ?

How many times have you seen NUFC play sonny ? Change your telescope. People like you spout the same shite all the time too, I'm just responding to you.

YOU tell ME how many clubs have consistently qualified for europe or better with the cheap bargains you appear to insist are so easy to find, and that Alex Ferguson has been doing it all wrong for over 20 years.

Time will tell, I will be proved right. Arsehole

Kitman, No one would play for it? I don't agree about that.

And I would keep supporting the Toon if someone like City's owners came and bought us, but I'd be happier winning the Carling Cup with Ashley (who understands more about Geordie culture than they do, and has a financial policy I approve of) than winning the Champions League under them.

Are you taking the piss? Ashley know's fuck all about the Geordie culture, if he did he wouldn't have done what he did with Keegan, or pissed Sports Direct all ower the fucking place, take you're bullshit opinions somewhere else man