Happiest fans

Irrelevant Nick KP

Who are the happiest fans?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest alex

Nick, I've read the whole conversation, including the bit where he told you you were talking shite. Anyway, Man Utd fans are probably happier than they've been in years at winning the title this year. I accept complacency creeps in when you've won as much as them. However, you're arguing that winning the title to them is like 3 points to us. It wasn't just another 3 points though, was it? It was beating Sunderland 5-1. If you're saying that winning the title is to Man Utd fans like beating Sunderland 5-1 is to Newcastle fans then I still don't follow your argument, given we were ecstatic when we stuffed the mackems. You're all the shop on this one tbh. Try ringing talksport or something.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex, the following information requires a brain larger than a peanut.

StoneCold compared 3 points for us, to Man United winning the league. I merely showed him how that backed up my argument.

The 5-1 win was 3 points, plus an orgasmic moment of revenge for Sunderland's attitude when we were relegated, as well as the traditional rivalry we have with Sunderland.

Man United winning the league was good because it was 'against' Liverpool, in a sense. But if you strip away that particular aspect, then it was no better than 3 points for us. That is the reason why Man U fans can't mention the title without also mentioning the number 19.

Now try to digest it properly, not just read it. It gets boring with you constantly misunderstanding.

Alex, the following information requires a brain larger than a peanut.

StoneCold compared 3 points for us, to Man United winning the league. I merely showed him how that backed up my argument.

The 5-1 win was 3 points, plus an orgasmic moment of revenge for Sunderland's attitude when we were relegated, as well as the traditional rivalry we have with Sunderland.

Man United winning the league was good because it was 'against' Liverpool, in a sense. But if you strip away that particular aspect, then it was no better than 3 points for us. That is the reason why Man U fans can't mention the title without also mentioning the number 19.

Now try to digest it properly, not just read it. It gets boring with you constantly misunderstanding.

It's not like that at all i was using the Newcastle/Sunderland reference as a Simile, as Man Utd winning the title is on a much grander scale, and the aftermath of our victory, much like Man Utd victory is banter, thats all it is, it just makes it that little bit sweeter.

StoneCold, My point is that if we won the Carling Cup, I'd be so happy that there would be barely any room for thoughts about Sunderland. Man U win the league, and all they can say is '19' this and 'more than Liverpool' this. But that's not surprising, given the emotional vacuum they clearly have about winning the league.

Stephen, exacttly. Doing better than our rivals is nice, but the main thing is that we do as well as possible, ourselves.

Man United have just won the most important trophy in the land, and yet all we can hear is '19' and 'we've passed Liverpool'.

Man U fans get so little pleasure from winning the league, that this '19' and 'passing Liverpool' malarkey is useful to spice it up. What are they going to be shouting next time they win the league? There's nothing, so they'll just have to go through the motions of cheering, while in reality they can't really be arsed.

Lastly, have you met any Man U fans that seem really happy about winning the league?

When we beat Sunderland 5-1 all you could hear from us was us going on about thumping them 5-1, not about the 3 points we won, this is just like whats happening with Man U and Liverpool

And me names not Stephen, it's the boss for future reference, just thought i'd clear that up

Alex, it certainly looks to me as if StoneCold is saying that because we didn't bang on about 3 points after beating our rivals, it therefore follows that Man U don't bang on about winning the biggest trophy in the country after beating their rivals. Hope you manage to understand this.

Yes, he was reminding me that we and Man U fans both value getting one over on our rivals.

But he let slip that winning the league for Man U (minus the rivalry aspect) was no more than getting 3 points is for us. Which is exactly along the lines that I've been arguing.

None of it matters Nick, you're making subjective judgements regarding the of happiness of supporter you have little experience of, whilst at the same time claiming it can be measured objectively and that you (personally) can then compare the weight of these hypothetical scores over something which is essentially unmeasurable.

If that doesnt make you realise you're talking shit, nothing will.

None of it matters Nick, you're making subjective judgements regarding the of happiness of supporter you have little experience of, whilst at the same time claiming it can be measured objectively and that you (personally) can then compare the weight of these hypothetical scores over something which is essentially unmeasurable.

If that doesnt make you realise you're talking shit, nothing will.

We can't measure it exactly of course, but we can say person a) is happier than person :D. And that's exactly what I and the people who disagree with me have done, on this thread.

I've never said I could prove it.

That's why this thread is a poll. It's a discussion. Some people think Man U fans would be happiest, I think Birminham fans were happiest.

I've prsented arguments, but have never pretendet that I could prove it.

And I wouldn't ask anyone else to prove that Man U fans were happier. I'd merely ask them to present argumentation.

You havent made an argument, you gave an opinion. When pressed to back the opinion up, you claimed working with Man U fans and listening to Talksport, neither which were credible arguments as they still amount to 'because i say so'.

I back it up from people I've worked with and fans I've listened to on talksport. Whether argument is the correct word for it or not, to suggest that I've in any way suggested that this is how it is because I say so is a joke (perhaps you can find a place where that's what I suggest???) If not, stop making false accusations.

I can't understand why people get so annoyed just because I express an opinion, and ask others for theirs. Is it because people agree with me, but don't want this opinion published. Some people WANT money to a key to happiness. And when they see that it isn't they get very upset.

I'm not annoyed, i've said it was an interesting idea and engaged in the thread. People understand that complacency effects successful clubs and their fans and the role expectations plays in this. I think you've taken it to a silly extreme though.

I'm not annoyed, i've said it was an interesting idea and engaged in the thread. People understand that complacency effects successful clubs and their fans and the role expectations plays in this. I think you've taken it to a silly extreme though.

And I think all I've done is answer people's postings that were addressed to me.

Yes, he was reminding me that we and Man U fans both value getting one over on our rivals.

But he let slip that winning the league for Man U (minus the rivalry aspect) was no more than getting 3 points is for us. Which is exactly along the lines that I've been arguing.

You clearly don't get the point I'm making do you?

I never said 3 points to us is like Man U winning the league, not once, i clearly say i use it as a simile (which is something is LIKE something else, not IS the same as something else".

If you'd read what i said, i say Man Utd winning the league IS on a grander scale than us getting 3 points, the point I'm making is that much like when we went on about beating Sunderland 5-1, and Manu U beating Liverpool's league record, it is all banter and just makes the victory that little bit sweeter, but the be all and end all of it is that the 3 points and winning the league is the most important matter.

And to your point about if we win the Carling Cup and not rub it in Sunderlands faces, of course we wouldn't, we'd just rub it in if we beat them in the final, as if we didnt beat them in the final it would have nothing to do with them, BUT the reason Man U are rubbing their title in Liverpools faces is because they beat them overall on league titles won, which does bring Liverpool into the equation.

Hopefully I've made this understandable

stonecold, I know you don't hold that Man U winning the league feels to them like getting 3 points feels for us. But I think the difference is much smaller than people will admit. But as you say, saying something is like something, isn't the same as saying something is something. But even saying 3 points was like winning the league was notable, in my view.

stonecold, I know you don't hold that Man U winning the league feels to them like getting 3 points feels for us. But I think the difference is much smaller than people will admit. But as you say, saying something is like something, isn't the same as saying something is something. But even saying 3 points was like winning the league was notable, in my view.

FFS!

StoneCold, we've heard nothing else from Man U fans other than that they've surpassed Liverpool. They never mention winning it without mentioning that they've surpassed Liverpool. Even if we had beaten Sunderland in a final, I would have spent at least 50% of my celebrations being directed at the fact that we'd won a trophy. I guarantee it.

Obviously we can disagree, but I am convinced that Man U fans find winning the league so boring that they have to spice it up with whatever they can get.

And anyway, you're not quite comparing like for like. If you beat your rival in the final, they become an inescapable part of your moment of glory.

Liverpool's part in Man U's 2011 league championship was far more low-key, yet they are still referred to every time the Man U fans mention this triumph. For me it seems an open-and-shut case of boredom demanding extra spice.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland