Happiest fans

Irrelevant Nick KP

Who are the happiest fans?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

success = happiness, in my view.

I have argued that money cannot buy happiness in football.

For Man U fans, it doesn't get any better than winning the Champions League.

For Birmingham fans, only the FA Cup is a feasable achievement to better winning the Carling Cup.

I am convinced that Birmingham fans were happier when they won the Carling Cup, than Man U fans will be if they win the Chamoions League. And remember, it literally cannot get better for Man U fans, than winning the Champions League.

And this is why I think money can't buy happiness in football. (for me happiness is the same as success, but that's a matter of personal definition.)

So, now it's up to you?

Who are happier, Birmingham fans when they are at their happiest, or Man U fans when they are at their happiest?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't happen to be the same 'Nick from Poland' from the old chronicle forums would you? If so then kill me!

It is the same person LOL!!!

Oh for fuck sakes! I thought I'd managed to rid of this guy when the chronicle forums shut down! :D

Edited by nufcboy

You wouldn't happen to be the same 'Nick from Poland' from the old chronicle forums would you? If so then kill me!

Oh for fuck sakes! I thought I'd managed to rid of this guy when the chronicle forums shut down! :D

Didnt we both! Least we can actually swear on this forum!

Still you got to laugh, it only took him a mere 5 minutes to be hated!

Of course I'm Nick from Poland (but I'm not Polish, for everyone else's information). And I'm delighted that I've been proved right and that Mike Ashley certainly isn't such a bad old stick as everyone was making out.

You've proved fuck all. MA is a cunt, always will be a cunt, unless he decides to show some initiative and do something with the profits hes made at Sports Direct this year, and the money he made from Carroll. But i will always think he is a cunt. The one thing i will give him, is that he sorted out wage bill out, thats it.

Oh for fuck sakes! I thought I'd managed to rid of this guy when the chronicle forums shut down! :blush:

Didnt we both! Least we can actually swear on this forum!

Still you got to laugh, it only took him a mere 5 minutes to be hated!

And say the word 'pass' haha, not ideal that word being censored on a football forum :D

Keep voting. This poll is very important.

Why. Is this data being passed along to Mike Ashley to determine the financial policy of the next 5 years?

Edited by JonTheMag

I enjoy banter, but I'd like to say one thing;

by mocking what I'm saying about money not buying happiness in football, you are doing the bidding of Abramovicz and people like him.

It is obvious that the money hasn't made Chelsea fans any happier, and loads of clubs' fans are happier than their fans. It all depends on exceeding expectations.

But Abramovicz and people like him, don't want fans to notice that money can't buy happiness.

Buy embracing the inexpensive happiness enjoyed by fans of Burnley, Fulham and Birmingham in recent years, we could finally free ourselves from the clutches of the Arabs at City and people like them. It's so pathetic that fans always think that the most important thing for a football club is to have an owner who is richer than all other owners. It isn't!!! Look at the score on this poll, for goodness' sake!!! We can all see that money cannot buy happiness.

Well done, Birmingham, you are real Champions of this season, because you have probably got the happiest fans, even if Man U win the Champions League!

Well done, Birmingham, you are real Champions of this season, because you have probably got the happiest fans, even if Man U win the Champions League!

Yeah well done, Birmingham. Chappyonees.

I can't honestly believe that you'd rather be scrapping for relegation every season, going down and bouncing back up every couple of years, and maybe get lucky and win a Cup every now and again, than consistently be challenging for the title and being in the Champions League.

Yes, exceeding expectations is a large portion of happiness. But by that same logic, we should go support Blyth Spartans and abandon Newcastle, because if they miraculously go and win the FA Cup, the world would explode from sheer happiness.

I can't honestly believe that you'd rather be scrapping for relegation every season, going down and bouncing back up every couple of years, and maybe get lucky and win a Cup every now and again, than consistently be challenging for the title and being in the Champions League. (.................................)

Yes, exceeding expectations is a large portion of happiness. But by that same logic, we should go support Blyth Spartans and abandon Newcastle, because if they miraculously go and win the FA Cup, the world would explode from sheer happiness.

Jon, you forgot to add something, and I've put the sign (......................................) where you forgot to add it. You forgot to add the words 'every season' and I'm not surprised you 'forgot' them.

Yes, I most certainly would rather support any team in England, rather than support a team who can only get real delight from winning the Champions League, and even that delight is not as great as when Birmingham win the Carling Cup.

And I find it strange that you can't believe that.

By the way, I enjoyed the Blyth Spartans comment. But to be honest, if you switched to Blyth Spartans now, you'd be every bit as much of a so-called glory hunter, as if you switched to Man U now.

By the way, a curious development has recently happened.

10-12 years ago, you constantly heard Liverpool fans going on about how they hated Man U, whereas Man U fans didn't bother much about that. People all assumed that Liverpool fans were jealous. Now, it's different, and Man U fans keep banging on about Liverpool, whereas the Liverpool fans don't seem that bothered any more. Could it be that Man U fans are actually becoming jealous of Liverpool, because Liverpool fans just have more excitement???

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

I can't honestly believe that you'd rather be scrapping for relegation every season, going down and bouncing back up every couple of years, and maybe get lucky and win a Cup every now and again, than consistently be challenging for the title and being in the Champions League. (.................................)

Jon, you forgot to add something, and I've put the sign (......................................) where you forgot to add it. You forgot to add the words 'every season' and I'm not surprised you 'forgot' them.

What a round about way of saying that. Also when I say "consistently" that implies every season.

Yes, I most certainly would rather support any team in England, rather than support a team who can only get real delight from winning the Champions League, and even that delight is not as great as when Birmingham win the Carling Cup.

And I find it strange that you can't believe that.

Really? Even when ENTIRELY NO ONE on this board has agreed with you? Once? And Manchester United fans are certainly happy when they win the league, and sad when they don't. I know several Man U fans who were completely crushed when they lost in the Champions League final to Barca a few years ago. As you've said happiness is derived from exceeding expectation. Man U fans don't EXPECT themselves to win the Champions League, just as Birmingham fans don't EXPECT them to win the League Cup. What I'm saying is that its all relative -- if you exceed your expectations you'll be happy, the expectations are just at a different level. And I'd rather have my clubs expectations be at that higher level than what they are currently at, wouldn't you?

By the way, I enjoyed the Blyth Spartans comment. But to be honest, if you switched to Blyth Spartans now, you'd be every bit as much of a so-called glory hunter, as if you switched to Man U now.

Please explain to me why switching to Blyth Spartans would make me a glory hunter. That makes absolutely no sense.

By the way, a curious development has recently happened.

10-12 years ago, you constantly heard Liverpool fans going on about how they hated Man U, whereas Man U fans didn't bother much about that. People all assumed that Liverpool fans were jealous. Now, it's different, and Man U fans keep banging on about Liverpool, whereas the Liverpool fans don't seem that bothered any more. Could it be that Man U fans are actually becoming jealous of Liverpool, because Liverpool fans just have more excitement???

No, thats just fucking stupid. What evidence do you have about Man U fans banging on about Liverpool. Your 'questions' that ask "could this be this" or "should this be this", that you think ask valid questions that we could all consider are exactly not that. They're just stupid, inane remarks that you think are plausible. Please piss with this nonsense. Go to Sunderland where they'll be happy with this attitude of yours.

Jon, you've proved my point. The only defeat that can make Man U fans absolutely crushed is a defeat in the Champions League. Nothing short of winning that can give them a real party!

And you say no one else here agrees with me??? Well, I suggest you look at the score in the poll.

As for Blyth, it's obvious that if you suddenly start supporting a club just because they've started doing well, that's called being a glory hunter.