Toon set for season ticket sell out

McFaul

NEWCASTLE UNITED season ticket sales have hit a five-year high with the Toon Army once again underlining why they regarded among the best supporters in the world.

The renewal rate for season ticket holders has been at its highest for half a decade, with 90% of the supporters reclaiming their seats for the 2011/12 campaign opting for the 10-year “price freeze” plan on offer at St James’ Park.

Most season ticket holders have not experienced a rise in prices since 2008/09, with prices remaining at the rate of two campaigns ago on the 10-year offer.

Incredibly, United kept 30,000 season ticket holders when they were relegated to the Championship in 2009 – something unthinkable for second-tier teams especially in the midst of the global economic crisis.

And Magpies fans bettered that 30,000 mark this season on their return to the Premier League, with numbers extending beyond that staggering tally and expected to do so again for next term with top-flight status almost secured.

United revealing today that there had been an “excellent response” to the decade-long deal which incurs no price increases along the way.

United also expect the 6,500-capacity family area of St James’ Park to be sold out, with junior tickets available for as little as £100.

United’s Head of Customer Operations Simon Esland told the Chronicle: “We are really pleased with the season ticket sales so far.

“We haven’t sold so many season tickets at this stage of April for five years.

“The response from our fans has been excellent and 90% of them have taken up the option of the 10-year package.

“So far it has only been existing season ticket holders who have renewed, and if they want to guarantee their seats for next season they have until the end of the month.”

United season tickets will go on general sale after the final game of the season at Gallowgate against West Brom on May 22 when fans could witness the conclusion of a campaign of solid progress and be able to applaud a side that has finished in the top 10 of the Premier League in their first term back in the big time. Esland added: “We’re really pleased with how our fans have stuck by the club once again this season.

“At a time when people are keeping money in their pocket they have came back in such great numbers and this has been a massive boost for us.

“It just shows the strength of support at Newcastle United.

“We thank them once again for their phenomenal support and loyalty.

“We believe we have set a precedent with this move, indeed it is the first in English football, and understand other clubs up and down the country are looking at what we have done with a view to possibly following suit in the future.”

United have also confirmed today that season ticket holders automatically become members of Newcastle United, which automatically brings with it such benefits as saving money on additional ticket purchases and gaining loyalty points towards upgrades to gold and platinum memberships.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...l#ixzz1KiVNO2zM

I telt yiz I remember LM and about ten others arguing with me that there'd be 40,000 there next season, and I said if our average was under 49,000 NEXT season I'd eat my cock. I knew for a fact there'd be more next season.

"We haven’t sold so many season tickets at this stage of April for five years."

Isn't that because they're never on sale this early? :lol:

It's great to here loads of people are renewing though. The 10 year deal is a very good offer and I suppose the club need to be given credit for that.

Be interested to see how the overall gate receipts end up comparing.

They've moved everyone from L7 down to L4 and below to fill the gaps there...but still charged them L7 prices, then halved the price of all the seats in L7 for kids.

All credit to them if it fills the stadium week in week out, but the brand has clearly been devalued. The increased Sky money probably allows it though. Our monetary value is worth a lot less than our continued support.

It's great to here loads of people are renewing though. The 10 year deal is a very good offer and I suppose the club need to be given credit for that.

They're absolute cunts I must stress that, but the £100 season ticket for bairns would not have happened in the past.

They're absolute cunts I must stress that, but the £100 season ticket for bairns would not have happened in the past.

Aye, it's a good idea. It's the type of thing the Mackems have been doing for a few years now, albeit unsuccessfully.

I still dont get putting the bairns and families next to away fans.

They have to go in the cheapest seats in the house.

I'd have preferred if the away fans moved closer to the pitch, the leazes corner moved back to L7 behind the goal and the kids moved into the corner.

Good to hear but can't understand the 10% to have renewed but not taken up the 10 year deal!!

I've renewed without taking the 10 year deal.

Isn't it just the same price?

And if so, what is the benefit in not taking it?

No, pay 3 years up front and you get a further 10% discount.

NEWCASTLE UNITED season ticket sales have hit a five-year high with the Toon Army once again underlining why they regarded among the best supporters in the world.

The renewal rate for season ticket holders has been at its highest for half a decade, with 90% of the supporters reclaiming their seats for the 2011/12 campaign opting for the 10-year “price freeze” plan on offer at St James’ Park.

Most season ticket holders have not experienced a rise in prices since 2008/09, with prices remaining at the rate of two campaigns ago on the 10-year offer.

Incredibly, United kept 30,000 season ticket holders when they were relegated to the Championship in 2009 – something unthinkable for second-tier teams especially in the midst of the global economic crisis.

And Magpies fans bettered that 30,000 mark this season on their return to the Premier League, with numbers extending beyond that staggering tally and expected to do so again for next term with top-flight status almost secured.

United revealing today that there had been an “excellent response” to the decade-long deal which incurs no price increases along the way.

United also expect the 6,500-capacity family area of St James’ Park to be sold out, with junior tickets available for as little as £100.

United’s Head of Customer Operations Simon Esland told the Chronicle: “We are really pleased with the season ticket sales so far.

“We haven’t sold so many season tickets at this stage of April for five years.

“The response from our fans has been excellent and 90% of them have taken up the option of the 10-year package.

“So far it has only been existing season ticket holders who have renewed, and if they want to guarantee their seats for next season they have until the end of the month.”

United season tickets will go on general sale after the final game of the season at Gallowgate against West Brom on May 22 when fans could witness the conclusion of a campaign of solid progress and be able to applaud a side that has finished in the top 10 of the Premier League in their first term back in the big time. Esland added: “We’re really pleased with how our fans have stuck by the club once again this season.

“At a time when people are keeping money in their pocket they have came back in such great numbers and this has been a massive boost for us.

“It just shows the strength of support at Newcastle United.

“We thank them once again for their phenomenal support and loyalty.

“We believe we have set a precedent with this move, indeed it is the first in English football, and understand other clubs up and down the country are looking at what we have done with a view to possibly following suit in the future.”

United have also confirmed today that season ticket holders automatically become members of Newcastle United, which automatically brings with it such benefits as saving money on additional ticket purchases and gaining loyalty points towards upgrades to gold and platinum memberships.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...l#ixzz1KiVNO2zM

I telt yiz I remember LM and about ten others arguing with me that there'd be 40,000 there next season, and I said if our average was under 49,000 NEXT season I'd eat my cock. I knew for a fact there'd be more next season.

I also said "long term apathy" Stevie, several times, and I stick by that. People can still opt out of their 10 year deals at any time.

Good to hear but can't understand the 10% to have renewed but not taken up the 10 year deal!!

I've renewed without taking the 10 year deal.

Isn't it just the same price?

And if so, what is the benefit in not taking it?

No, pay 3 years up front and you get a further 10% discount.

I've just paid my 3 years up front, and the deadline is this week ....

no, because they were sold out !!!! Remember when we goaded the mackems with "free tickets" jibes mate ? The cut price reduction is of course excellent and the right thing, but don't kid yourself Stevie, if they had more adults then we would likely not have seen this offer, and who knows how low it might go if or when things decline further on the pitch.

A lot of people have fed into the "decent first season back" business, but others have seen the longer term signs.

Don't quite understand.

You've paid three years up front and got a further 10?

But sury your deal must be frozen as well?

nah sorry any misunderstanding CT, I jump into the latest posts in a thread then look backwards sometimes. I have paid for my 3 years upfront for 1350 quid this week. That is it. Plus 10 quid for the magpie mover.

As it is 550? per season, at current prices, its a saving of 300 quid. Reasons for doing it were posted about 2 weeks ago.

This, top marks for creative wording from Mr Esland there though. :lol:

Quote: The renewal rate for season ticket holders has been at its highest for half a decade, with 90% of the supporters reclaiming their seats for the 2011/12 campaign opting for the 10-year “price freeze” plan on offer at St James’ Park.

Me: The first bit says it has, the second says it's 'expected'. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. The last bit sounds like a bit of a plea.

However, if it's true then I'm made up. I felt guilty about not going but was made up when 52,000 turned up for the last home game of last season meaning there were others to take my place.

I have to admit the whole piece sounds like a sales pitch to me. Perhaps I'm just a cynic.

How can non season ticket holders renew like? :lol:

Me: The first bit says it has, the second says it's 'expected'. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. The last bit sounds like a bit of a plea.

I assumed the first bit was talking about renewals and the second about total season ticket sales.

Esland went on to say.......

"In the next few days the Club will be announcing a 'money-can't buy' prize competition for Club members to enter. It really will be a once in a lifetime experience for the winner and all we can say at the moment is that you will need to be free in July to enjoy it"!

?????

Trip with the team to USA or a five year contract to play up front?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110427/un...2281670_2347849

Guest Your Name Here

This, top marks for creative wording from Mr Esland there though. :lol:

Season ticket sales similar to last year isn’t the kind of news the club want the local media to print.

Thomson House gave up being journalists when the Sunday Sun got banned.