In last 5 years we've spent less NET than any other team

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in essence, Newcastle fans should be proud that a cash-rich chairman has sold a lot of good players and rooted around the bargain bin for replacements. Hmmm, OK then. Value for money is a good thing, ask any Sunderland fan, but that is not what has gone on at Sportdirect@St. James' Park.

So in essence, Newcastle fans should be proud that a cash-rich chairman has sold a lot of good players and rooted around the bargain bin for replacements. Hmmm, OK then. Value for money is a good thing, ask any Sunderland fan, but that is not what has gone on at Sportdirect@St. James' Park.

One, for a ridiculous sum.

as Ashley has been asset stripping over recent years — what is left to sell and for how much?

The sellable value of our players must now be at an all time low.

That's just 100% lies :icon_lol:

Bassong was a good young player who we flogged on for profit. Different circumstances with relegation being a factor but there was also a lot of talk at the time that he'd have stayed for a wage rise. Considering he must have been on peanuts, it should have been an easy choice.

Bassong was a good young player who we flogged on for profit. Different circumstances with relegation being a factor but there was also a lot of talk at the time that he'd have stayed for a wage rise. Considering he must have been on peanuts, it should have been an easy choice.

replaced with damaged or inferior goods mate. They're all just commodities at the end of the day, and its "good business". It doesn't bare thinking about who we will replace Carroll, Tiotte and Enrique with.

Traitors, all of them.

Guest alex

James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia, Shay Given and Sebastian Bassong were/are all good players tbh. And only one of those was sold post-relegation.

replaced with damaged or inferior goods mate. They're all just commodities at the end of the day, and its "good business". It doesn't bare thinking about who we will replace Carroll, Tiotte and Enrique with.

Traitors, all of them.

Think we were lucky that Coloccini came good when Bassong went. I don't think Williamson is that bad but he's a bit limited at PL level which is why giving him a five-year deal mystifies me. Enrique to Liverpool and Konchesky/Aurelio coming this way is probably nailed on but I genuinely think we'll not see Tiote leave in the summer. January, maybe, summer after that, definitely but I'm concerned we'll be staring at a relegation battle next year anyway unless we go out and spend a good chunk on 2/3 strikers. Always fun supporting the Toon, isn't it?

Guest alex

Traitors, all of them.

Think we were lucky that Coloccini came good when Bassong went. I don't think Williamson is that bad but he's a bit limited at PL level which is why giving him a five-year deal mystifies me. Enrique to Liverpool and Konchesky/Aurelio coming this way is probably nailed on but I genuinely think we'll not see Tiote leave in the summer. January, maybe, summer after that, definitely but I'm concerned we'll be staring at a relegation battle next year anyway unless we go out and spend a good chunk on 2/3 strikers. Always fun supporting the Toon, isn't it?

I reckon Tiote will leave next January as well like. I think we'll be going nowhere given our current striking options plus the 'quality' that is likely to be brought in and we may have a bit of '2nd season up syndrome'. On top of that he won't be cup-tied for Europe/CL.

Traitors, all of them.

I reckon Tiote will leave next January as well like. I think we'll be going nowhere given our current striking options plus the 'quality' that is likely to be brought in and we may have a bit of '2nd season up syndrome'. On top of that he won't be cup-tied for Europe/CL.

Aye, if we bring in a striker like Carlton Cole to lead the line (or anyone from one of the teams going down really) we'll be as toothless as we are now. Our form has been shite since Leon Best got injured ffs, a few decent results aside (against shit like Wolves) so it's concerning for next season as to where the goals are coming from. I imagine Lovenkrands might be shown the door, Ranger should be going out on loan somewhere and that leaves us with Shola and Best. Nolan's good but he's not that good.

I was watching Chelsea/Spurs and couldn't help but notice how much better Tiote was than Mikel. And I bet they could get Tiote for about £10/12 million since that's still a good profit to Ashley.

Tell you what NJS - you continue talking about your "opinions", but I'll stick to the champions league qualifications, europe, quality footballers and stadium expansions under the "cunts".

OK ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest alex

Traitors, all of them.

Aye, if we bring in a striker like Carlton Cole to lead the line (or anyone from one of the teams going down really) we'll be as toothless as we are now. Our form has been shite since Leon Best got injured ffs, a few decent results aside (against shit like Wolves) so it's concerning for next season as to where the goals are coming from. I imagine Lovenkrands might be shown the door, Ranger should be going out on loan somewhere and that leaves us with Shola and Best. Nolan's good but he's not that good.

I was watching Chelsea/Spurs and couldn't help but notice how much better Tiote was than Mikel. And I bet they could get Tiote for about £10/12 million since that's still a good profit to Ashley.

Tiote is different class to the likes of Mikel and Carrick, who both play a similar role. Add to that the fact he plays well against the top sides and therefore catches the eye and I think it's a question of when rather than if he goes.

Tiote is different class to the likes of Mikel and Carrick, who both play a similar role. Add to that the fact he plays well against the top sides and therefore catches the eye and I think it's a question of when rather than if he goes.

Absolutely. Shame the flimsy idea of a 6 year contract will make some people think he'll be around until 2017. Not trying to start another ownership debate here btw before anyone tries to jump on it.

He wanted 20k p/w and cited Smiths £60k as reason why he was worth it.

Frankly, Im worth 20k p/w if Smiths on 60

Ayatollah Hermione, no, no one thinks that Tiote's 6-year-contract means he'll necessarily be here until 2017. If you and others would just listen for one moment...

We will get more money for a player whom we sell, the longer there is left of his contract.

Thank you.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

He wanted 20k p/w and cited Smiths £60k as reason why he was worth it.

Frankly, Im worth 20k p/w if Smiths on 60

I'd honestly pay the kitman more than Alan Smith.

Ayatollah Hermione, no, no one thinks that Tiote's 6-year-contract means he'll necessarily be here until 2017. If you and others would just listen for one moment...

We will get more money for a player whom we sell, the longer there is left of his contract.

Thank you.

We should be keeping hold of our best players by matching their ambitions on the pitch not trying to glean more money out of their sale, you wooden head.

Ambition is, as far as I'm concerned, the desire to do something impressive.

What Man City are doing, isn't impressive in my opinion.

And so I don't have any ambitions to pay players totally stupid wages like 60,000 a week,.

It's bad enough paying 20,000 a week.

ANd I hope we never again see players earnin what Smith is earning, regardless of how good they may be.

Every player has his price at every club in the world. Manu sold the player who was at the time the world's greatest because they received an offer that was more than their valuation.

Having said that you have got to get the balance right. Spurs are a good example of that: they twice sold their most important player (Carrick and then Berbatov) because it allowed them to keep their total squad moving forward. Time will tell whether we will follow in their footsteps.

James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia, Shay Given and Sebastian Bassong were/are all good players tbh. And only one of those was sold post-relegation.

Only 1 of them is a certain starter for their respective clubs.