Pardew: Scotch football is shite

McFaul

Pardew, talking about his decision to bring Fraser Forster back from his loan period period at Celtic, said:

“We have watched that division [the SPL] and watched him all year. We’ve been very disappointed with the quality of the games, other than the occasional Rangers versus Celtic game. And even some of those have been poor, if I’m honest.”

Houston has however got his tartan in a twist over the comments and countered with:

“It is not even worth commenting on it.”

But he does anyway …

“We have international players playing in the SPL who could walk into the Newcastle team.

“They play at a very high level in European football, on a number of occasions as well. If you take Rangers, for instance, their runs in Europe in the last couple of years have been fantastic, so that is them playing at a high level and in the SPL.

“Also (Celtic and Scotland midfielder) Scott Brown has played in the Champions League as well.

“Alan is entitled to his opinion, but it is not something with which I agree.”

;) Like who exactly?!?!? Even the managers are deluded. Seriously which SPL player would walk in our team, honest question? I like Izaguirre but he's not better than what we have, who else is there? Brown over Barton or Nolan, Samaras over Shola? Bizarre.

Pardew, talking about his decision to bring Fraser Forster back from his loan period period at Celtic, said:

“We have watched that division [the SPL] and watched him all year. We’ve been very disappointed with the quality of the games, other than the occasional Rangers versus Celtic game. And even some of those have been poor, if I’m honest.”

Houston has however got his tartan in a twist over the comments and countered with:

But he does anyway …

“We have international players playing in the SPL who could walk into the Newcastle team.

“They play at a very high level in European football, on a number of occasions as well. If you take Rangers, for instance, their runs in Europe in the last couple of years have been fantastic, so that is them playing at a high level and in the SPL.

“Also (Celtic and Scotland midfielder) Scott Brown has played in the Champions League as well.

;) Like who exactly?!?!? Even the managers are deluded. Seriously which SPL player would walk in our team, honest question? I like Izaguirre but he's not better than what we have, who else is there? Brown over Barton or Nolan, Samaras over Shola? Bizarre.

It is shite and no one from the SPL could "walk" into NUFC. nd seeing as we think we are a bit crap that is a damning indictment of the state of the SPL.

But he does anyway …

It is shite and no one from the SPL could "walk" into NUFC. nd seeing as we think we are a bit crap that is a damning indictment of the state of the SPL.

I agree. It's alright them saying about the wealth in the Premiership too, but what about leagues from similar sized countries. The likes of Ajax are no bigger financially yet are far superior.

And I hope he doesn't! Forster is nothing on Krul or Harper, let him rot in Scotland, maybe he can get into Champions League Football! I heard the qualifying rounds are very interesting nowadays...

what kind of standard is the scotish league? its not PL but maybe Championship? surely better then league 1

1/2 the boro team consisted of the BEST players from Scotland, and they were in relegation trouble most of the season.

Some of the lowly teams would struggle in League 2 in my opinion.

what kind of standard is the scotish league? its not PL but maybe Championship? surely better then league 1

1/2 the boro team consisted of the BEST players from Scotland, and they were in relegation trouble most of the season.

so would you say as a whole it would be championship team standard, but maybe a lower championship standard

I don't really like him putting down his current players by saying such a thing.

But I am happy with him bringing Fraser Forster back, 1. because my mate who has seen him says he rates him, and 2. I think Krul is a flapper and for that reason would like to see Forster before any decision is made on him at all in any shape or form.

I just want a keeper who comes for fucking crosses and catches them. We haven't had one of those for years.

I think, in the last 30 years or so, we have had a really top player in every position, at some time or other, playing for NUFC, except goalkeeper.

I quite liked Roger Jones, who came from Blackburn in 1975/1976, but he broke his shoulder/collar bone and never got going, unfortunately.

so would you say as a whole it would be championship team standard, but maybe a lower championship standard

Aberdeen tend to lose a lot of their players to League 1 or lower Championship sides and they're generally one of the better 'other' teams in Scotland.

I think Celtic are like a top CCC side like Cardiff. Very little between them, Rangers like a Leeds maybe, Hearts and Dundee United two sides who would battle bravely against relegation to league one. About another 6 of them would be League One standard, which is fair comment as fanbase and turnover wise they're about the same as Carlisle, same type of standard, and Hamilton and St Mirren are probably lower league two level.

Scottish football has really gone to seed

Looking back some of the best players in the world came from Scotland but by the early 80's sommat went wrong up there and the kids just stopped coming through in any numbers

By the 00's you'd have been hard pressed to think of any decent young Scots player and now its hard to think of ANY decent one

Looking back some of the best players in the world came from Scotland but by the early 80's sommat went wrong up there and the kids just stopped coming through in any numbers

By the 00's you'd have been hard pressed to think of any decent young Scots player and now its hard to think of ANY decent one

Buckfast/PS and heroin to blame. 1988 was probably the last time it was even competitive, four sides could've won the league.

It's the national diet of Irn Bru and heroin supper.

Edited by Happy Face

Guest alex
Scotch is a drink ;)

I would think he did it deliberately as it pisses off the Scots (and wannabe Scots, like yourself) ;)

Scotch is a drink :huff:

I would think he did it deliberately as it pisses off the Scots (and wannabe Scots, like yourself) ;)

You can see RIGHT through me ;)

Scotch is a drink ;)

You credit him with WAY too much savvy, his ignorance knows no bounds.

Scotch is a drink ;)

You credit him with WAY too much savvy, his ignorance knows no bounds.

prozac10c.jpg

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104613

Incredible thread. Just incredible. Anthony Stokes would walk in to our team. 3 goals in 3 years at Sunderland. Izaguirre better than Enrique, Scott Brown better than Barton and Nolan. You just don't find delusion like that every day.

I'm asking yous on here seriously who from the SPL would make our strongest eleven better.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104613

Incredible thread. Just incredible. Anthony Stokes would walk in to our team. 3 goals in 3 years at Sunderland. Izaguirre better than Enrique, Scott Brown better than Barton and Nolan. You just don't find delusion like that every day.

I'm asking yous on here seriously who from the SPL would make our strongest eleven better.

McGregor, Rangers keeper, possibly.

The Tims up here aren't hugely impressed with FF btw.

Oh my lord I hate Celtic :lol: , for exactly the reason of the idiots on that forum. I could take the fact them and Rangers are boring and bring religion/politics into football... if only they weren't arrogant wankers into the bargain