F.C Barcelona vs Manchester United

LeazesMag

CL Final Questions   

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully we'll see an early Barcelona goal. Then Man Utd will have to give it a go.

I can see them possibly nicking this, as they were totally outclassed two years ago, and I can't see Ferguson letting that happen again.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been offered a ticket - Face value £125 some package and it's £300. Fuck that. I'm not paying £300. I obviously hope Man Utd win, Barcelona are too cocky, and I think it could be an all time classic with Man Utd winning 3-1.

In what way? They have one of the most humble managers/group of players around.

It doesn't matter who they play in midfield, they'll be dominated, possession-wise, in that area.

maybe.

I think definitely, but that's not necessarily a terrible thing; Barca have shown in numerous games that they're capable of dominating possession and doing nothing with it for large periods.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

This is a difficult one. I can't stand Man U, but Barcelona bore the fuckin pants off me (now's yer chance, girls ;) ).

I think I'll hope Man U win, just for the aforementioned pain the dippers will suffer.

It doesn't matter who they play in midfield, they'll be dominated, possession-wise, in that area.

maybe.

I think definitely, but that's not necessarily a terrible thing; Barca have shown in numerous games that they're capable of dominating possession and doing nothing with it for large periods.

that's what I didn't say ;)

looking forward to this final especially because both teams play reasonably fairly rather than so many teams with their spoiling tactics.

As has been pointed out Park should play because of the graft he puts in, especially compared to that selfish tart Nani. Park and Valencia’s craft and graft makes them a real threat.

Defensively with Vidic and Ferdinand they’ll read Messi’s movement, but I think ManUres weak spot is right back, Fabio isn’t right mentally yet, and O’Shea playing there is just shite. Evra at LB is obviously class.

Been offered a ticket - Face value £125 some package and it's £300. Fuck that. I'm not paying £300. I obviously hope Man Utd win, Barcelona are too cocky, and I think it could be an all time classic with Man Utd winning 3-1.

Their players are mostly complete wanks. The arrogance that oozes from them pisses me right off. Cheating bastards too> Messi probably is the most likeable of them and even today he's on about Hernandez and Rooney BEING GOOD ENOUGH for Barcelona or Real. If they're good enough for Man Utd they're good enough for both of them. Man Utd still imo have more global appeal. Also the UNICEF look at us, aren't we saviours of the world pish. They're worse than Liverpool for wanting to be liked.

The Fabregas tapping up which was so open it was scandalous further highlight the arrogance that goes from president down to paella seller.

Their players are mostly complete wanks. The arrogance that oozes from them pisses me right off. Cheating bastards too> Messi probably is the most likeable of them and even today he's on about Hernandez and Rooney BEING GOOD ENOUGH for Barcelona or Real. If they're good enough for Man Utd they're good enough for both of them. Man Utd still imo have more global appeal. Also the UNICEF look at us, aren't we saviours of the world pish. They're worse than Liverpool for wanting to be liked.

The Fabregas tapping up which was so open it was scandalous further highlight the arrogance that goes from president down to paella seller.

;)

How anyone can have a go at them for that, man!

Tens of millions of free publicity for that charity. Fair play.

If I was Spanish I'm sure I would hate them though, in much the same way I hate Man U.

;)

If I was Spanish I'm sure I would hate them though, in much the same way I hate Man U.

It did as much good for the club as it did for UNICEF, "eeh aren't they canny". So canny aye we'll dee it for 2 years and get a proper sponsor. I hate Barcelona more than Real Madrid. Madrid are more of the attitude look we're total cunts, we know it, so what.

Look at this....

PL-payments-2010-11.jpg

Before I go on to my main point about this table. Worth noting toon on live telly more than so called massive Villa and Everton despite the fact we've been midtable plodders, but what has to hurt the most I didn't realise that goal cost us £2.3m. It has though if you work it out. £2.3m is still a lot of money, if we'd have been 9th we've had that extra dough, one shitey goal, chances we had to make it 4-0 too, oh dear.

Anyway, what I do like about this is this is that Blackpool get £40m while Man Utd deservedly get £60m. The difference isn't that great, I appreciate they are polls apart in lots of regards but it's a decentish distribution in my view. In Spain, Barca and Real get twice as much as Man Utd and more than half the other teams get about the same amount as League One teams do. That's why there's a chasm developing, and it's a shame because in the last 15 years you've had the likes of Deportivo, Atletico and Valencia (twice) winning it, now the third placed team is 25 points behind.

The tv deal is changing in Spain, I think. The top 2 created their own deals and the rest were left with the scraps. Same in Italy up until this year, where Roma, the Milans and Juve got everything. I was surprised Ac milan agreed with that one due to Berlusconis tv links.

Anyway, hopefully it keeps leagues balanced and open.

Regarding your point about Blackpool; what the fuck did/will they do with the money???

Edited by Barney

;)

It did as much good for the club as it did for UNICEF, "eeh aren't they canny". So canny aye we'll dee it for 2 years and get a proper sponsor. I hate Barcelona more than Real Madrid. Madrid are more of the attitude look we're total cunts, we know it, so what.

Look at this....

PL-payments-2010-11.jpg

Before I go on to my main point about this table. Worth noting toon on live telly more than so called massive Villa and Everton despite the fact we've been midtable plodders, but what has to hurt the most I didn't realise that goal cost us £2.3m. It has though if you work it out. £2.3m is still a lot of money, if we'd have been 9th we've had that extra dough, one shitey goal, chances we had to make it 4-0 too, oh dear.

Anyway, what I do like about this is this is that Blackpool get £40m while Man Utd deservedly get £60m. The difference isn't that great, I appreciate they are polls apart in lots of regards but it's a decentish distribution in my view. In Spain, Barca and Real get twice as much as Man Utd and more than half the other teams get about the same amount as League One teams do. That's why there's a chasm developing, and it's a shame because in the last 15 years you've had the likes of Deportivo, Atletico and Valencia (twice) winning it, now the third placed team is 25 points behind.

That's direct payments aye, and I agree it's healthier that way than to have a massive gap. Ii came as a bit of a surprise that actually (a nice one) to know the payments weren't quite so massively discrepant as I'd have imagined them to be.

What Man U get less directly however is a complete media obsession with them which, if you were to have to pay for it in terms of commercial advertising, would cost literally £100's of millions per year. They got all that when they were shit (relatively) as well btw, before all the Prem titles of the last two decades. It's been that way even when their teams haven't warranted it, hence why they've maintained millions of oots and always had greater spending power.

That's direct payments aye, and I agree it's healthier that way than to have a massive gap. Ii came as a bit of a surprise that actually (a nice one) to know the payments weren't quite so massively discrepant as I'd have imagined them to be.

What Man U get less directly however is a complete media obsession with them which, if you were to have to pay for it in terms of commercial advertising, would cost literally £100's of millions per year. They got all that when they were shit (relatively) as well btw, before all the Prem titles of the last two decades. It's been that way even when their teams haven't warranted it, hence why they've maintained millions of oots and always had greater spending power.

I think from 1993 to 1998 we had it as well, it made us the 5th richest club in Europe in one of the seasons, but I totally agree. We without doubt were media darlings and were the team on everyones lips.

*Prays someone in particular doesn't read my paragraph above*

Anyway it can be summarised in one word, that the BBC simply shouldn't be allowed to use and thats "United".

When you were gone I had a big very public sensationalised row with Danny Simpson regarding that very subject, which made me vilified by 50% of the toon support at large. I shouldn't have called him a nobhead and at least by the end he acknowledged my stance.

Edited by McFaul

Anyway it can be summarised in one word, that the BBC simply shouldn't be allowed to use and thats "United".

When you were gone I had a big very public sensationalised row with Danny Simpson regarding that very subject, which made me vilified by 50% of the toon support at large. I shouldn't have called him a nobhead and at least by the end he acknowledged my stance.

;) is that a piss take like??

It sounds like it should be but somehow I can easily believe it in your case. ;)

:huff: is that a piss take like??

It sounds like it should be but somehow I can easily believe it in your case. ;)

Nar ;) I had about 600 hate messages on twitter off cunts I didn't even know, and it prompted Lee Ryder to write about criticisms of Simpson from some parties regarding where his allegiances lay ahead of the Man Utd game at home. Newcastle Online all jumped on it too, got called worse than shite, but your older fan, and your younger toon fan all agreed with me. United this United that, like I tried to explain to people, older toon fans wor age and our dads age always referred to us as United, and I dont think I was out of order explaining that to him.

By the way Giggs and Rooney playing in this testimonial on SS2, he's taking a fucking risk Fergie in e?!?!

Ferguson's the worst when it comes to tapping players up man. ;)

I don't understand your statement saying if they're good enough for Man Utd then they're good enough for both of them. Surely that all depends on the ability of the each club's squads at the time? For example - in '93 saying Mark Hughes was good enough for Man Utd, does that mean he'd have been good enough to get a game for Barca at the time ahead of Stoitchkov or Romario? Does it fuck.

The likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Pique, Villa are all class acts. There's fuck all arrogant about them. Don't let that get in the way of your agenda though.

I agree with that, and - casting my mind back to the thread that Stevie has carried on telling you about - I mentioned that Alan Shearer does it, and he should know better.

Ferguson's the worst when it comes to tapping players up man. ;)

I don't understand your statement saying if they're good enough for Man Utd then they're good enough for both of them. Surely that all depends on the ability of the each club's squads at the time? For example - in '93 saying Mark Hughes was good enough for Man Utd, does that mean he'd have been good enough to get a game for Barca at the time ahead of Stoitchkov or Romario? Does it fuck.

The likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Pique, Villa are all class acts. There's fuck all arrogant about them. Don't let that get in the way of your agenda though.

The way it came across to me was there's a standard they expect to upkeep at Barcelona, and you have to be a certain level of player to play for them, when he's on about players who play for the biggest club in the world. That is arrogant. He's either saying that or he's saying Rooney and Hernandez would probably get in the Barca side ahead of Villa, which is debatable.

As for Pique he's an absolute bell end no class, like most of them as the incident with the Barca shirt and Fabregas highlighted what a bunch of bell ends he and Puyol are. Puyol couldn't wipe Ferdinand's arse neither, get Rooney one on one with him see what happens. Xavi seems like the type of kid who played Championship Manager when he was a kid by his crack about English football he knows more than most of us, I bet he signed that right back Mark Smith from Bristol Rovers, and Cerno Samba like the rest of us, but again his crack about "Cesc's INEVITABLE transfer to Barca", it's all arrogance. So many examples of it too. At the end of the day Barcelona's history up to 1992 was fuck all to write home about. They've got a lot catching up to do to eclipse the likes of Real, Milan, Liverpool, Bayern etc.. and they need to learn about class. Said it before and I'll say it again Milan 1990 were better than them.

I trust you'll be sat there watching it UNICEF enblazoned across your derby Jonny? ;)

Will you be watching it with FATCUNT emblazoned across your chest? ;) just kidding

AON tbh ;)

If you met me you wouldn't think I was that fat a cunt tbh, am just a big fucka who needs to lose a stone and a half, anyway am Rocky according to Tom, although I think he meant Rocky in Rocky 6 rather than the first one.

Edited by McFaul