F.C Barcelona vs Manchester United

LeazesMag

CL Final Questions   

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said they're a canny side, what do you want? A pic of me knocking one out over Abidal picking the cup up? Good side, keep the ball well, manager needs a shave, most of the team would be more likeable if they never spoke, and that's it, my view of Barcelona A club more desperate for love than Liverpool, and who get it more than anyone. Well done Barcelona. Is that better?

that'll suffice .

:lol:

carry on . .

McFaul, your Avatar is absolutely brilliant :D :D :P :P :panic: :panic: :lol:

Aye, I'm glad he went for the Joan Hickson Marple too btwinstead of the modern shite. Nice touch. I've got the boxed set for £50. :panic:

I didn't even know there was modern shite, her in the pic was always THE Miss Marple.

I want to punch Rio in the face everytime I see him speak or do this

ferdinand2.jpg

I want to punch you in face every time I see you do this..

Materialism what ye bought

J69 - County Durham - 445pm

Just bought this beauty today, worth £6k, but managed to knock the guy down to £250.

avatar-pinball-machine2-stern-pinball.gif

:D:D etc.....

Says the 16 year old lass who is obsessed with celebs on twitter. I bet you read fucking Heat :lol:

I want to punch Rio in the face everytime I see him speak or do this

ferdinand2.jpg

I want to punch you in face every time I see you do this..

Materialism what ye bought

J69 - County Durham - 445pm

Just bought this beauty today, worth £6k, but managed to knock the guy down to £250.

avatar-pinball-machine2-stern-pinball.gif

:P:P etc.....

Says the 16 year old lass who is obsessed with celebs on twitter. I bet you read fucking Heat :lol:

Those pinball machines are a REAL touchy subject for yee like :D

Heat :D I don't even know what it is. Only time I buy magazines is when am on a long train journey, 442 or Weruld Soccer.

I think Barca is the better team, regardless of the outcome tomorrow. Just to make that clear I want Barca to win. This seasons' Man U side is the worst in many years and the fact that they're champions tells a lot about this Premiership season.

I do agree but they're as capable of getting results as any Man Utd team, they're just not as easy on the eye. Also following on from your point I'd say that it sums the state of world football up presently, that this Barcelona team are being described as the greatest team ever by the clueless masses.

no way are they as good as the Ajax team of the early 70's

Was thinking about this last night.....3 champions league wins in 5 years for Barca, next year they must be pretty well odds on to make it 4 in 6....I sort of agree with you, but Barca must be up there with them.

There was an article in some paper last week with a former player of Manu saying they could hurt Barca in the air from corners.....so Barca didn't concede any! :lol:

That sort of ability is the mark of a truly exceptional side, who are more than living up to all the hype.

you can't do any more than be the best in your own era. On reflection, there comes a point where you look at a team and concede they have really reached outstanding heights, 3 successes in 5 years tells its own story. They keep the ball and move it around so well, they are the nearest I've seen to the Dutch teams and Ajax of the 70's. As they keep on winning things you will have to say they could be a match, they can't play each other so its a hypothetical situation anyway. Even comparing them to Cruyff etc says a lot.

I think Barca is the better team, regardless of the outcome tomorrow. Just to make that clear I want Barca to win. This seasons' Man U side is the worst in many years and the fact that they're champions tells a lot about this Premiership season.

I do agree but they're as capable of getting results as any Man Utd team, they're just not as easy on the eye. Also following on from your point I'd say that it sums the state of world football up presently, that this Barcelona team are being described as the greatest team ever by the clueless masses.

no way are they as good as the Ajax team of the early 70's

Was thinking about this last night.....3 champions league wins in 5 years for Barca, next year they must be pretty well odds on to make it 4 in 6....I sort of agree with you, but Barca must be up there with them.

There was an article in some paper last week with a former player of Manu saying they could hurt Barca in the air from corners.....so Barca didn't concede any! :lol:

That sort of ability is the mark of a truly exceptional side, who are more than living up to all the hype.

you can't do any more than be the best in your own era. On reflection, there comes a point where you look at a team and concede they have really reached outstanding heights, 3 successes in 5 years tells its own story. They keep the ball and move it around so well, they are the nearest I've seen to the Dutch teams and Ajax of the 70's. As they keep on winning things you will have to say they could be a match, they can't play each other so its a hypothetical situation anyway. Even comparing them to Cruyff etc says a lot.

I think one of the most amazing things about that Ajax team that gets overlooked to a degree is that they went on that run of total domination having actually got tanked in their first final by a wiley Milan Side. It almost gets forgotten from that string of successful finals, but to my mind it actually adds to their story. They didn't change their style or adopt a more cynical approach, they just learned the lesson and made the step up, which is what all truly great teams manage to do.

I think one of the most amazing things about that Ajax team that gets overlooked to a degree is that they went on that run of total domination having actually got tanked in their first final by a wiley Milan Side. It almost gets forgotten from that string of successful finals, but to my mind it actually adds to their story. They didn't change their style or adopt a more cynical approach, they just learned the lesson and made the step up, which is what all truly great teams manage to do.

yes, they were outclassed by Milan in that Final, completely outplayed, and came back better.

Might be interesting to see how Ferguson reacts to what he will see as his failure. I think he has a stubborn streak which will make him want to try again but you never know he may just think sod it and think about going again.

I wasn't surprised at the team he picked as that's the one that's done the business in recent big games but I was surprised he didn't change it earlier - Valencia and Giggs were abysmal and he should have changed it at half time imo though 1-1 probably seemed okay. Don't know if there's any crack but the decision to have Owen on the bench instead of Berbatov was incomprehensible to me.

It is ironic that Giggs was anonymous last night.

I wonder how long Guadiola will stay at Barca? There will probably come a time when he decides he's achieved all he can there and seek new challenges. Managing Blackburn would be a challenge that's for sure. Barca will probably fuck it up by bringing in Wenger when he does leave.

Valencia should have been booked by about 20 minutes in, he just ran around clattering into people. Giggs was the busted flush that he is when the team he's playing for isn't winning in second gear (as is the norm during the domestic campaign). Hernandez might as well not have been on the pitch due to isolation (and that much was entirely Ferguson's fault given the tactics he played). Park was exposed for the player he is, which is a run-around-at-a-hundred-mile-an-hour merchant (which again is good enough for the Prem, so not his fault, he just doesnt have a footballing brain). And any team with Carrick in the middle just shouldn't be in a European Cup final never mind winning it. They were honestly miles behind and 3-1 flattered them.

Still surreal to watch given how routine it is seeing Man U sweep all before them in the Prem week after week, but they honestly shouldn't have been on the same pitch.

I wonder how long Guadiola will stay at Barca? There will probably come a time when he decides he's achieved all he can there and seek new challenges. Managing Blackburn would be a challenge that's for sure. Barca will probably fuck it up by bringing in Wenger when he does leave.

Thing is the challenge surely has to be domination over the next five years and legacy. When you get to the point they're at now that is the only remaining challenge.

Thing is the challenge surely has to be domination over the next five years and legacy. When you get to the point they're at now that is the only remaining challenge.

Ferguson has now beaten the league titles record of Liverpool. That was his aim, along with winning the European Cup, which he's done twice and lost 2 finals.

I suppose if he looks at Barcelona and sees little chance of beating them, the way they are going, for the next year or so, and the fact he has to replace Scholes and Giggs, he might decide he's done everything now and pack it in.

Edited by LeazesMag

Ferguson has now beaten the league titles record of Liverpool. That was his aim, along with winning the European Cup, which he's done twice and lost 2 finals.

I suppose if he looks at Barcelona and sees little chance of beating them, the way they are going, for the next year or so, and the fact he has to replace Scholes and Giggs, he might decide he's done everything now and pack it in.

I fucking hope so, it's like you're reading my mind. :lol:

I think he'll have another tilt though. Money to spend this summer already guaranteed and that might make him think its worth one more go. I actually think he's going to feel the need to defend the title from City and Liverpool.

I think he'll have another tilt though. Money to spend this summer already guaranteed and that might make him think its worth one more go. I actually think he's going to feel the need to defend the title from City and Liverpool.

Man City, without a doubt. That should make life pleasureable for you :D

Man City, without a doubt. That should make life pleasureable for you :D

I'm not a blue you shitehawk, I just hate Man U, so by extension I have a degree of sympathy with Citeh. :D

could carc it , combust or conceivably explode if he carries on

way he snapped 'thats all im saying right' in post match interview with gabriel clark was a beaut too !

Check out the next youtube in that sequence - see how many footy stickers you remember :lol:

Edited by manc-mag