An Observation

Gemmill

Is it just me or do the most vociferous Souness-outers go missing after we've had a couple of good results. I don't just mean the "Souness Out" posts dry up, they actually disappear altogether.

Not that I'm suggesting they've got nowt else to say like.

As I said, just an observation.....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't think alot of people want him to stay based on the last 2 results, do they?

In the long run his tactics are still totally inept although I would be ecstatic to be proved wrong.

Against West Ham we appeared to be playing counter-attacking football when 3 of the 'front four' wouldn't have been any slower in wheelchairs...

Is it just me or do the most vociferous Souness-outers go missing after we've had a couple of good results.  I don't just mean the "Souness Out" posts dry up, they actually disappear altogether.

69421[/snapback]

Just like the Souness backers go quiet when we have a loss and piss poor performance, like against Wigan you mean?

I have been delighted by the last two wins (although all the match reports have suggested we were fortunate against West Ham), but I still want Souness out. We are still 10th, and are now essentially a one man team, and that man is injured too much. But I am sick of the argument; my case will be proven in May after what will have been a bitterly disappointing year. If I am wrong I will be glad, but I don't think I will be.

Is it just me or do the most vociferous Souness-outers go missing after we've had a couple of good results.  I don't just mean the "Souness Out" posts dry up, they actually disappear altogether.

69421[/snapback]

Just like the Souness backers go quiet when we have a loss and piss poor performance, like against Wigan you mean?

I have been delighted by the last two wins (although all the match reports have suggested we were fortunate against West Ham), but I still want Souness out. We are still 10th, and are now essentially a one man team, and that man is injured too much. But I am sick of the argument; my case will be proven in May after what will have been a bitterly disappointing year. If I am wrong I will be glad, but I don't think I will be.

69443[/snapback]

I don't remember going quiet after Wigan. ;)

69421[/snapback]

69443[/snapback]

69444[/snapback]

Well, I wasn't here then so I wouldn't know, but I have noticed you are pretty slow to post on this forum when we are in a run of poor results.

I've almost completely stopped posting here as things seem to be at a complete impasse regarding those who would still give Souness time and those that wouldn't. Plus, I never comment on a match I haven't seen in real life or on the telly (in full). :angry:

Well, I wasn't here then so I wouldn't know, but I have noticed you are pretty slow to post on this forum when we are in a run of poor results.

I've almost completely stopped posting here as things seem to be at a complete impasse regarding those who would still give Souness time and those that wouldn't. Plus, I never comment on a match I haven't seen in real life or on the telly (in full). ;)

69449[/snapback]

I think you can just refer to him as Gemmill.

69421[/snapback]

69443[/snapback]

69444[/snapback]

I've almost completely stopped posting here as things seem to be at a complete impasse regarding those who would still give Souness time and those that wouldn't. Plus, I never comment on a match I haven't seen in real life or on the telly (in full). :angry:

69449[/snapback]

That's bollocks about me not posting when we're on a bad run like. Nice try though. :blush:

And I know you've stopped posting - you're one of the "vociferous Souness-Outers" I was referring to. :blush:

Aye, it sounds like we rode our luck at West Ham but without seeing the whole game I can't comment. I've let the soopafan club down this week. Anyway, after seeing Amdy Faye FORWARD pass a ball that we scored from I thought I'd dreamt up the whole result.

69421[/snapback]

I hope you're not seriously suggesting that because we've won back-to-back victories for probably the first time in the league under Souness, everyone should change their mind about him being the right manager and tuck into the humble pie. Barring a miraculous change in his ability, we will still struggle to finish in the Top 6 (when really CL qualification should be our aim). I'm delighted with the two wins because if we hadn't picked up six points, we could definitely have forgotten about Europe this season. Who knows, we may even go on a decent run over the Christmas period, which would be great.

Unfortunately though, that is how Souness' teams work - what we're seeing at the moment is another mini-run of good results. I'm afraid that will soon change into yet another extented run of shit results. We've had a lot of false dawns since he's been in charge.

I don't think I'm included in the 'most voiciferous' of 'Souness outers' but I still think he's not the man for us.

A couple of wins weakens the argument and a continuing winning streak will weaken it still further. Who reckons this winning streak will continue?

Personally I would call it a lucky streak as Arsenal seemed lethargic and West Ham can count themselves extremely unlucky.

69421[/snapback]

69443[/snapback]

69444[/snapback]

69449[/snapback]

That's bollocks about me not posting when we're on a bad run like. Nice try though. :blush:

And I know you've stopped posting - you're one of the "vociferous Souness-Outers" I was referring to. :blush:

69451[/snapback]

Did I post after Chelsea, Wigan or Villa, or any other recent matches we have been shit? No, I don't think so.

69421[/snapback]

I hope you're not seriously suggesting that because we've won back-to-back victories for probably the first time in the league under Souness, everyone should change their mind about him being the right manager and tuck into the humble pie.

69453[/snapback]

Nope, just pointing out that when we do have a couple of good results, those posters whose only craic is "Souness out, rarrrrrr, splat, grrrr!" go missing.

69421[/snapback]

69443[/snapback]

69444[/snapback]

69449[/snapback]

69451[/snapback]

Did I post after Chelsea, Wigan or Villa, or any other recent matches we have been shit? No, I don't think so.

69458[/snapback]

Are you biting though? Yes, I do think so. :razz:

If we were outplaying teams then my mind would be changed, but we predicatbly raised our game and out-battled Arsenal and seemed to have rode our luck and have Shay to thank again at West Ham. It's not been pretty, and the board should be looking at other options. You hom.

I still want to see him go - rather yesterday than tomorrow.

It has already been pointed out several times that Mickey Owen is Scot(t)ies life insurance. Without Owen Newcastle would win owt. From what I gather the win against West Ham was flattering as the better team did not win. I am not complaining, but I still fail to see the improvement in the performances, but at least in results. Though, I don't want to hear the "bad luck" excuse the next time Newcastle do not get a performance related result...

Aye, it sounds like we rode our luck at West Ham but without seeing the whole game I can't comment. I've let the soopafan club down this week. Anyway, after seeing Amdy Faye FORWARD pass a ball that we scored from I thought I'd dreamt up the whole result.

69452[/snapback]

I watched the whole match on the box. I felt the team played well (apart from that left side) for the whole match but were always working against Souness' poor tactics. I would be really excited at the prospect of a decent manager working with this team.

69421[/snapback]

69443[/snapback]

69444[/snapback]

69449[/snapback]

That's bollocks about me not posting when we're on a bad run like. Nice try though. :razz:

69451[/snapback]

69458[/snapback]

Are you biting though? Yes, I do think so. :razz:

69460[/snapback]

Aye, I thought it was a fishing trip. Catch 22 on whether to respond or not tbh, you bastid! :blush:

Guest CrimsonFault

SOUNESS OUT

2 good results mean fook all - if we had beaten Fulham, West Ham and Wigan in the Carling Cup; then that would shed a different perspective on things, however, I still want him out. NOW... or tommorow.

If we were outplaying teams then my mind would be changed, but we predicatbly raised our game and out-battled Arsenal and seemed to have rode our luck and have Shay to thank again at West Ham. It's not been pretty, and the board should be looking at other options. You hom.

69461[/snapback]

:angry:

I'm not saying anyone should change their mind, you rotter! ;)