The slippery slope

peasepud

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, let me say I'm not stepping into Team Positive's paddling pool just yet.

However, just imagine this: bar three second half goals in the final game of last season; this year's accounts (which we aint going to see 'til next year unfortunately) possibly seeing us break even; a decent striker aquired to compliment a reasonably good transfer window (Christ, what were they thinking? For a couple of million more they would have done a canny job). If those three things had/were actually gone in our favour, we would be looking at a completely different picture today.

Aye, true and this is why there is so much value to the forum in the likes of you and Chez (not arse licking there) really keeping things under constant review and-boring as it might be to many-crunching the numbers/facts etc for the plebs like me.

My point for the last window though is (and I realise I'm repeating myself here), the economics debate ceases for me for the moment because the refusal to buy a striker was utterly unjustified on the basis of what we know now. That would only be overhauled (and hence the debate resurrected) if hindsight proves we genuinely did get someone in the Jan window that made the summer targets right to ignore. I'd be astonished if that was the case however.

what exactly "do you know now" that you didn't know in January ?

You don't half blabber on about a load of bollocks.

Leazes, please look at Happy Face's post #138 and realise that you talk shite. Then decide whether you can stick around here with your head held high, because for me you are a complete shambles of a poster.

This is exactly what I mean when I say 'cake-and-eat-it' time.

mancmag, please stop congratulating yourself on calling Mike Ashley correctly, when I have been telling you for 4 years what you are now saying yourself [in a more long winded and egocentric way], despite you saying it has been for all this time, and still is, "shite".

Laughable.

....and a likely Champions League qualifier too, well as long as you've got all your bases covered, eh? :icon_lol:

His [Ashleys] intentions were obvious almost from day 1

Why did you not say owt then?

strange that isn't it. and that's where leazesmag's whole "i was right, the rest of you were wrong" argument falls apart.

the only difference between leazesmag and everyone else is he thought shepherd was doing a great job. i'm sure he'd secretly admit that, just like the rest of us, he was excited at the prospect of a billionaire owner with deep pockets coming in. he didn't know ashley would be shit from the start. no one did. but it was equally obvious to everyone as soon as it started going tits up. it's not like he's some mastermind that called it from the beginning, so why he continues this crusade to persuade to prove to the rest of the board that he was right and everyone else has come around to his way of thinking is beyond me.

the only thing i agree with leazesmag about is that shepherd was a better chairman than ashley. but with ashley, you're talking about one of the worst owners out there. that doesn't mean that shepherd was the greatest either. as supporters, we were all entitled to hope someone with more of a clue might take over and do a better job after shepherd's decisions to sack SBR then hire souness, roder and allardyce effectively turned a top 5 side into also rans.

haha. "Shepherd did a great job". You make things up Gloomy lad. What I always said, was the HALLS AND SHEPHERD had the club in such a position [aye, the 5th best in the country over a period of 15 years] that replacing them with better would be very difficult. I did NOT welcome Ashley simply because "he had deep pockets" in fact I didn't want to sell my shares to him and expressed great reservations that simply having money didn't necessarily mean he would have ambition to succeed on the pitch and understand the size of the club. It is people like YOU who took those comments and gave me flak and turned them into unequivocal support for Fred etc and other such bollocks. When Mort and Allardyce started making comments in the press [especially Mort] it confirmed my doubts, unfortunately. In my opinion, seeing the direction the club was going to take at that stage, was easy, and I was completely convinced, posted my thoughts, and they were construed by others in the way they were. This is why I was banned from Newcastle Online, because I disagreed with everybody. Admittedly I did this a lot, but it was because everybody was having a go at me for saying what I was saying.

This is NOT rocket science, but basic common sense, especially bearing in mind the fuckwit who ran the club for 3 decades and more prior to them.

However, fuckwits like you thought differently, and gave me flak.

So sort your facts out son, and either stop your moaning about wanting an ambitious board etc, when you moaned about one when you had one and now have the new owner you wanted.......and stop misquoting me and saying things I have never, ever said about the old regime.

I'm off soon. I won't make any more posts before I go regarding this, suffice to say the likes of yourself, mancmag who are so full of your bullshit and can't admit a simple thing, continue to make me smile when I read your hypocrisy and lack of acceptance that you got it all so wrong.

Edited by LeazesMag

Firstly, let me say I'm not stepping into Team Positive's paddling pool just yet.

However, just imagine this: bar three second half goals in the final game of last season; this year's accounts (which we aint going to see 'til next year unfortunately) possibly seeing us break even; a decent striker aquired to compliment a reasonably good transfer window (Christ, what were they thinking? For a couple of million more they would have done a canny job). If those three things had/were actually gone in our favour, we would be looking at a completely different picture today.

Aye, true and this is why there is so much value to the forum in the likes of you and Chez (not arse licking there) really keeping things under constant review and-boring as it might be to many-crunching the numbers/facts etc for the plebs like me.

My point for the last window though is (and I realise I'm repeating myself here), the economics debate ceases for me for the moment because the refusal to buy a striker was utterly unjustified on the basis of what we know now. That would only be overhauled (and hence the debate resurrected) if hindsight proves we genuinely did get someone in the Jan window that made the summer targets right to ignore. I'd be astonished if that was the case however.

Leazes, please look at Happy Face's post #138 and realise that you talk shite. Then decide whether you can stick around here with your head held high, because for me you are a complete shambles of a poster.

mancmag, please stop congratulating yourself on calling Mike Ashley correctly, when I have been telling you for 4 years what you are now saying yourself [in a more long winded and egocentric way], despite you saying it has been for all this time, and still is, "shite".

Laughable.

....and a likely Champions League qualifier too, well as long as you've got all your bases covered, eh? :icon_lol:

wtf are you blabbing on about now :o

His [Ashleys] intentions were obvious almost from day 1

Why did you not say owt then?

strange that isn't it. and that's where leazesmag's whole "i was right, the rest of you were wrong" argument falls apart.

the only difference between leazesmag and everyone else is he thought shepherd was doing a great job. i'm sure he'd secretly admit that, just like the rest of us, he was excited at the prospect of a billionaire owner with deep pockets coming in. he didn't know ashley would be shit from the start. no one did. but it was equally obvious to everyone as soon as it started going tits up. it's not like he's some mastermind that called it from the beginning, so why he continues this crusade to persuade to prove to the rest of the board that he was right and everyone else has come around to his way of thinking is beyond me.

tbf Leazes did, I vividly remember a warning from LM when Ashley launched the takeover, and subsequent argument from me where he stated "the grass isnt always greener", my reply was along the lines of "yes its a gamble but Id rather take my chance with this new bloke than the current fat bastard".

:icon_lol:

Laughable.

Very good question. Your words not mine, mate. :icon_lol:

What's with the bizarre post edit by the way (#124) so long afterwards? Leazes in absolute tatters here today.

I was about to say, HF's been on about West Brom being the model for ages now.

There are similarities but its not an analogue to our model. We certainly are not set up to go down and finish 7th and 7th. However, the possibility of profit whilst risking nothing but survival in the premiership is there to see in WB's model.

The technical discussion around that profit is worth closer attention as Peace has driven down declared profits by massively reducing the value of assets (amortisation) on relegation, a practice not exactly condoned by the auditors but tacitly approved.

The club is set up to survive on minimal expenditure Chez. He is gambling on preserving premiership status ie sailing close to the wind with it. That is as near you will get to a "West Brom model" as you can find, although nobody is saying they are setting out with West brom in mind, it does appear to be that the ambitions of the club are [maybe] unintentionally set as such a level.

And we get twice the crowds, are a massively bigger club etc. No disrespect to West Brom, I think they have great supporters [when they visit us here at SJP] and one of the best atmosphere grounds I've been to too.

Laughable.

Very good question. Your words not mine, mate. :icon_lol:

What's with the bizarre post edit by the way (#124) so long afterwards? Leazes in absolute tatters here today.

all in your head son. All in your head. I told you where this club was going 4 years ago. You are now coming round to agreeing with what I have always said, despite saying it was "shite".

:(

I'm quite confident now - certainly hopeful - that Ashley may match the Champions League qualifications, and better it, now that he has appointed the same manager that Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd chose.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=430730

Leazes, can you read this?

stop avoiding a reply to me man :icon_lol: both now and when you KNOW you gave me flak for saying what you are now agreeing with.

Look at the last post by PP too......

I was about to say, HF's been on about West Brom being the model for ages now.

There are similarities but its not an analogue to our model. We certainly are not set up to go down and finish 7th and 7th. However, the possibility of profit whilst risking nothing but survival in the premiership is there to see in WB's model.

The technical discussion around that profit is worth closer attention as Peace has driven down declared profits by massively reducing the value of assets (amortisation) on relegation, a practice not exactly condoned by the auditors but tacitly approved.

The club is set up to survive on minimal expenditure Chez. He is gambling on preserving premiership status ie sailing close to the wind with it. That is as near you will get to a "West Brom model" as you can find, although nobody is saying they are setting out with West brom in mind, it does appear to be that the ambitions of the club are [maybe] unintentionally set as such a level.

And we get twice the crowds, are a massively bigger club etc. No disrespect to West Brom, I think they have great supporters [when they visit us here at SJP] and one of the best atmosphere grounds I've been to too.

West Brom are set up with a medium-term target wage level of £20m, we are (it appears) being set up with a medium-term target of £50-60m. The difference between us is the absolute level of wages. Our revenue in the championship was £52m, West Brom's was £28m. The absolute wage bill is the issue though as after 2 consecutive seasons in the 2nd tier, we'd be fucked.

There are similarities and we should be rightly concerned but i didnt post in the WB article to say this is the exact model that we are following. WB's is far more cautious than ours.

I'm quite confident now - certainly hopeful - that Ashley may match the Champions League qualifications, and better it, now that he has appointed the same manager that Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd chose.

stop avoiding a reply to me man :o both now and when you KNOW you gave me flak for saying what you are now agreeing with.

Desperate.

So can you read it btw or not?

stop avoiding a reply to me man :o both now and when you KNOW you gave me flak for saying what you are now agreeing with.

Desperate.

I'm not going to argue with you, I can't be bothered and I have to go out soon. YOu should refresh your memory by looking back at what you posted in response to me 3-4 years ago. You seem to have plenty of time :icon_lol:

Have you read the post by PP in this thread yet ?

As OBG also said, you don't half talk some shite.

Get your head out of your arse and admit you have been wrong.

Edited by LeazesMag

stop avoiding a reply to me man :( both now and when you KNOW you gave me flak for saying what you are now agreeing with.

Desperate.

I'm not going to argue with you, I can't be bothered and I have to go out soon. YOu should refresh your memory by looking back at what you posted in response to me 3-4 years ago. You seem to have plenty of time :(

Wahey!!

:o:icon_lol::(

Fuckin hell man, I'm genuinely embarrassed for you. Go on, run along then. ;)

the temples on mancmag's Viduka-like forehead are bulging with rage, but victory is his.... this time.

are you really an "intelligent solicitor", with nothing better to do than that? Your ego governs everything you say, you wanker. You just want to disagree, because its me that is saying this, if someone else said it you would probably agree, you're such a clown, you're a joke. You may be a solicitor son, but you do not know more or better than I do. You know nothing about me, so don't draw such hasty conclusions about what you perceive of me.

Some more evidence of my ego problems, obsession and general uncontrolled rage. Guess the author?

Crying laughing here.

Love it when LM ignores my posts. :icon_lol:

i think he ignores everyone except for the voices in his head tbh

coming from someone who has ME on ignore, rather than accept he's been talking bollocks for years, rather like mancmag :o

stop avoiding a reply to me man :( both now and when you KNOW you gave me flak for saying what you are now agreeing with.

Desperate.

I'm not going to argue with you, I can't be bothered and I have to go out soon. YOu should refresh your memory by looking back at what you posted in response to me 3-4 years ago. You seem to have plenty of time :(

Wahey!!

:o:icon_lol::(

Fuckin hell man, I'm genuinely embarrassed for you. Go on, run along then. ;)

I'm off now. Shame, have you looked at those old posts of yours yet ?

[bet you haven't]

:D

Love it when LM ignores my posts. :icon_lol:

haven't ignored you HF, unlike the politics threads, I agree with most of your football observations. :o

I only had the time to put mancmag in his place. On this occasion.

Edited by LeazesMag

Hmm

leazesmag proved to be talking shite and contradicting himself yet again. I'm surprised manc mag and others still engage with him. There really is no point in biting. It's all lies, contradictions and putting words in others' mouths to support his tired old crusade. This place is way more fun with him on ignore. Annoyingly, I still can't help but get drawn into it from time to time as ignore doesn't hide quotes.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Hmm

leazesmag proved to be talking shite and comtradicting himself yet again. I'm surprised man mag still and others still engage with him. There really is no point in biting. It's all lies, contradictions and putting words in others' mouths to support his tired old crusade. This place is way more fun with him ignore. Annoyingly, I still can't help but get drawn into it from time to time as ignore doesn't hide quotes

I don't in terms of substantive debate anymore-haven't for a while now. It's only ever on ancillary points (eg highlighting flawed logic).

That today was a irrefutable proof of his talking shite and contradicting himself though so fair game. So when he says that Ashley has always followed the sports direct model and he's always called it that way, what he means is apart from the time when he was confident Ashley was preparing a champions league push. You couldn't make it up to borrow from his shabby book of cliches.

He'll literally just ignore that mind and 'have to go out' instead. :icon_lol: In all seriousness, he's a shambles and should probably consider another period in the wilderness, like the last time he went off in the huff vowing never to return. He gets genuinely worked up on here so it might actually do him some good.