Santon in match day squad for Wolves

jaythesouthernmag

Anyone ever bought a second hand car, you think you've got a bargain, drives lovely for a few days, and then bang......

You feel sick to your stomach, 'cause you know you've bought a pup and it's gonna cost.

That's how I feel now. Again.

The new Maldini coming to Newcastle for £5 million. The old adage applies, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Hope I'm wrong.

Jimmy, Jimmy, oh Jimmy Mag, when are you coming back?

Jimmy, Jimmy, oh Jimmy Mag, why dontcha hurry back?

My arms are missing you, my lips feel the same way too

Great, GREAT, song :lol:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news. The club have confirmed the current injury to Santon’s right knee is unconnected to the previous injuries to his other right knee.

:lol:

And as he'll be playing on the left side, his two right knees wont be needed so much so he'll probably be back in a week or so. Sawtid.

100%

There's no way he'll be out for 4 weeks, HBA was reported as 3 weeks out when he did his leg in the US.

Dekka: He's ganna be aaaght for 5 munfs!!!

MA: Owwight tell them mugs free wheeks!!

Dekka: (Chuckling) Shaaal I add sumfink abaat you putin in thirty meew for teebags?

MA: (Belly laugh) Yeah.

What Newcastle United need is a Paul Daniels or David Copperfield type of guy in the physio room. If them fuckers can saw a lady into three and have her runnin' around good as new in a matter of minutes think what good they could do for injured footballers :lol: .

What Newcastle United need is a Paul Daniels or David Copperfield type of guy in the physio room. If them fuckers can saw a lady into three and have her runnin' around good as new in a matter of minutes think what good they could do for injured footballers :D .

Did you teach them all they know when it comes to sawing a lady in half Snakey? :lol:

What Newcastle United need is a Paul Daniels or David Copperfield type of guy in the physio room. If them fuckers can saw a lady into three and have her runnin' around good as new in a matter of minutes think what good they could do for injured footballers :blush: .

Did you teach them all they know when it comes to sawing a lady in half Snakey? :lol:

:D

Cartilage doesn't contain blood vessels, so it heals very slowly. It can't really 'grow back' like other tissues so any injury is likely to be chronic.

We'll never see him in the first team. I reckon they're just pretending we bought him. Photoshopped.

Cartilage doesn't contain blood vessels, so it heals very slowly. It can't really 'grow back' like other tissues so any injury is likely to be chronic.

We'll never see him in the first team. I reckon they're just pretending we bought him. Photoshopped.

Thought he played in the reserves and was on the bench at QPR

I was under the impression he had loose cartilage which has to be removed. Then the recovery time is to recover from the surgery. ie. swelling etc.

I could be wrong.

He could still enjoy a decent career, he'll probably just not be able to walk properly by the age of 40. Not our problem tbh.

I was under the impression he had loose cartilage which has to be removed. Then the recovery time is to recover from the surgery. ie. swelling etc.

I could be wrong.

He could still enjoy a decent career, he'll probably just not be able to walk properly by the age of 40. Not our problem tbh.

It can be surgically repaired, but it'll never be 100% again, so will need to be managed.

As you say he can still enjoy a decent career, plenty of other players have had cartilage problems, but the medical staff will have to keep an eye on it. You're also right in saying there's a likelihood he'll need a joint replacement in later life.

Thought he played in the reserves and was on the bench at QPR

:lol:

And on left-back Santon, Pardew delivered further good news with a positive prognosis on his knee problem.

“He’s had fluid taken from his knee and we think, fingers crossed, that will be OK.

“Maybe he’ll be available for next weekend,” he said.

And on left-back Santon, Pardew delivered further good news with a positive prognosis on his knee problem.

“He’s had fluid taken from his knee and we think, fingers crossed, that will be OK.

Lord knows what the truth is anymore regarding NUFC and injuries.

Maybe we should have all learned by now to forget all about injured players and just welcome them when they actually do play?

The full quotes in the sunday sun had him saying that but followed by saying it could be a bit more than that and need a very minor op to sort scar tissue but that it wasnt a cartillage problem. So either way its so much better than it looked when first reported and seemed to be his dodgy knee and it could have been months!

Just seen this now :

Speaking to reporters after the 1-1 draw at Aston Villa, Alan Pardew said of Davide Santon:

"He’s had fluid taken from his knee and we think, fingers crossed, that will be OK - maybe he’ll be available for next weekend.

"If that doesn’t cure the problem we think he’ll probably have an operation in there where we just go in and tidy it up. It’s not a cartilage, just a little bit of scar tissue."

So 6 weeks out then?

2 weeks while they fuck around taking fluid and seeing how it goes then after that doesn't work 4 weeks to have the operation and recover.

Guaranteed 6 weeks minimum before he plays. :lol:

Edit: Added safety wink.

Edited by toonotl