More Respect for MA?

JawD

I believe he thinks we're shit but the others are shitter, we've had our best start in 14/15 years, maybe he can clarify why that is, in his opinion.

Let me aks you this, do you think This Newcastle team has put in its best performances in 14 or 15 years?

We have been below average and I wouldn’t even be so generous to say the teams we’ve played (in general) have been any shitter. I know you don't see the games live, so it might be easier to forget, but look at the match reports if you think I'm negative. We only really turned up for Blackburn, and in parts for Spurs and at Villa...

Arsenal

"Two sides whose squad makeup remains in a state of flux ahead of the transfer window closing ultimately achieved their main objectives - of not losing or conceding a goal. The visitors could justifiably claim they had more possession but both 'keepers were rarely tested and the few opportunities were hit high or wide of the goals."

Mackems

"Sunderland will be angry that they did not get reward for a game which they controlled in large chunks."

Fulham

"an ultimately edgy win over a tired looking Fulham side."

QPR

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I am not disappointed we did not get any more from this game because we did not deserve any more.

Aston Villa

"creating anything clearcut seemed to be beyond us"

Blackburn

"More goals could and should have followed with Ben Arfa, Best and Gabriel Obertan all coming close. To be back in this ground with supporters shouting "Ole!" as the home side sprayed passes around was as exhilarating as it was unexpected."

Wolves

"Wolves boss Mick McCarthy will rightly be aggrieved by two decisions."

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "We were lucky today. We've been better than that and controlled the game much better in other matches. Today we had good fortune."

Spurs

"The equaliser came four minutes from normal time although both the home side and the visitors could have take away all three points”

Wigan

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "Great credit to Wigan in their approach to the game because they were faster and crisper than us”

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he thinks we're shit but the others are shitter, we've had our best start in 14/15 years, maybe he can clarify why that is, in his opinion.

Let me aks you this, do you think This Newcastle team has put in its best performances in 14 or 15 years?

We have been below average and I wouldn’t even be so generous to say the teams we’ve played (in general) have been any shitter. I know you don't see the games live, so it might be easier to forget, but look at the match reports if you think I'm negative. We only really turned up for Blackburn, and in parts for Spurs and at Villa...

Arsenal

"Two sides whose squad makeup remains in a state of flux ahead of the transfer window closing ultimately achieved their main objectives - of not losing or conceding a goal. The visitors could justifiably claim they had more possession but both 'keepers were rarely tested and the few opportunities were hit high or wide of the goals."

Mackems

"Sunderland will be angry that they did not get reward for a game which they controlled in large chunks."

Fulham

QPR

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I am not disappointed we did not get any more from this game because we did not deserve any more.

Aston Villa

Blackburn

"More goals could and should have followed with Ben Arfa, Best and Gabriel Obertan all coming close. To be back in this ground with supporters shouting "Ole!" as the home side sprayed passes around was as exhilarating as it was unexpected."

Wolves

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "We were lucky today. We've been better than that and controlled the game much better in other matches. Today we had good fortune."

Spurs

"The equaliser came four minutes from normal time although both the home side and the visitors could have take away all three points”

Wigan

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "Great credit to Wigan in their approach to the game because they were faster and crisper than us”

Class retort.

Except we were all over Wolves in the first half. They were on top for about 25 minutes. A draw would have been a fair result but overall we were the better side.

Sunderland and Villa both started their respective matches as the better side but we grew into it and we deserved to win both, unfortunately the Villa game was not to be.

Fulham we were better without being great.

Not sure why some people have to concentrate on the negatives so much. Yeah we haven't been great but Toonpack's overriding sentiment is that we're winning games we'd have lost in the past. Even worse when you're defending Leazes, who very much concentrates on the negatives because of his long established agenda.

I'm not sure why mentioning the facts is concentrating" on the negatives. The positives of our position, results, krul, cabaye, half price tickets etc have been well covered. I've certainly praised them all.

Love the way you've been seconded into team negative cause you talk a lot of sense. I blame Cheznoir.

I'm not sure why mentioning the facts is concentrating" on the negatives. The positives of our position, results, krul, cabaye, half price tickets etc have been well covered. I've certainly praised them all.

Love the way you've been seconded into team negative cause you talk a lot of sense. I blame Cheznoir.

A knaa

I selected my user name on account of my positive outlook anaarl

:lol: Absolute front of the man who complained about the season ticket deal putting people at the box office out of a job.

Isnt "Happy" Face basically saying that our best start for 15 years means nothing because we've been shit against anyone who isnt shit? From 30,000 ft, he looks negative to me.

Team neg has a severe case of cognitive dissonance iyam.

I wouldn't say we've been below average in our performances.

We've looked very handy in some of the games I've seen. We bossed the mackems comparatively longer in the game than they us for example. Even then we limited them to half chances.

You can only play the team that turns up. Arsenal and Spurs are both tough games, so 2 points isn't bad at all.

We've had an awesome start and it's because the players are working hard as a unit. We're nowhere near the finished article as the team is still being chopped and changed regularly. I'm more than satisfied with the performances this season considering our excellent league position.

:lol: Absolute front of the man who complained about the season ticket deal putting people at the box office out of a job.

Isnt "Happy" Face basically saying that our best start for 15 years means nothing because we've been shit against anyone who isnt shit? From 30,000 ft, he looks negative to me.

Team neg has a severe case of cognitive dissonance iyam.

I was the first person to respond in the half price ticket thread and I was effusive with praise, as I was for several further posts before asking the question about staff.

Arsenal

Mackems

Fulham

QPR

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Wolves

Spurs

Wigan

I wasn't discussing "your" position, we were debating Leazes position (which I note he has yet to clarify).

As for "best performances in 14/15 years" I'll take result over performance any day. I've never been in team "they'd rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0". Anyway that wasn't the debate.

A knaa

I selected my user name on account of my positive outlook anaarl

He's gone for you cause it's a like for like midfield matchup. Two resonably intelligent geeks pouring over data mines and spreadsheets. :)