Who's had the easiest start?

Happy Face

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'll use the drivel to put £20 on Villa to get relegated. You can get 20/1.

Think it don't matter what our results are against the top 2 (they will beat more or less everyone this year).

What will make or break our season given that our results against average and weak sides continues is our results against Arsenal, Liv and Spurs...Those games for me are the key indicators.

Think I'll use the drivel to put £20 on Villa to get relegated. You can get 20/1.

Think it don't matter what our results are against the top 2 (they will beat more or less everyone this year).

What will make or break our season given that our results against average and weak sides continues is our results against Arsenal, Liv and Spurs...Those games for me are the key indicators.

Did you know that Man U did not win a single away game against top half opposition last season?

Yet still won the league.

Funny old game.

EDIT: Chelsea only managed to take 3 points away from Sunderland too.

Edited by Happy Face

Did you know that Man U did not win a single away game against top half opposition last season?

I make this point (in a roundabout way) quite often about Man U and it can't be underestimated tbh. They will go away and lose at places like Liverpool etc and while the Scousers are there celebrating winning their cup final Ferguson simply won't bat an eyelid at it. He knows Man U will go on and beat the sides (the inferior/'easy' sides) that Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will piss points away to and he picks up the league trophy at the end of the season.

The importance of this applies equally to our start to the season. We've played several 'easy' sides but we would routinely piss points away to them/roll over and die in normal circumstances. This season we haven't-we've ground out results, employed gameplans, started with the mindset of not conceding goals, been cynical when necessary (towels) and had a 'never know when we're beaten' mentality and it deserves some fucking credit. As I say, the fact this is our best top flight result sequence in 60 years is an absolute disgrace and does put into perspective why we've never won owt. You can spend truckloads of money but you'll never see the best from that investment unless you've got those basic rudiments in place.

I hope to fuck theres just even a moderate amount of investment this winter because it could make a real difference and more to the point this team actually deserves strengthening, the way they're wanting to play for the shirt. Just get half a fucking twitch in your pants, please Mike because this is what it's about. Your coaching staff are showing that even just a few quid is likely to be well deployed so lets treat January as the opportunity to keep pushing forwards, not backwards!!

I make this point (in a roundabout way) quite often about Man U and it can't be underestimated tbh. They will go away and lose at places like Liverpool etc and while the Scousers are there celebrating winning their cup final Ferguson simply won't bat an eyelid at it. He knows Man U will go on and beat the sides (the inferior/'easy' sides) that Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will piss points away to and he picks up the league trophy at the end of the season.

The importance of this applies equally to our start to the season. We've played several 'easy' sides but we would routinely piss points away to them/roll over and die in normal circumstances. This season we haven't-we've ground out results, employed gameplans, started with the mindset of not conceding goals, been cynical when necessary (towels) and had a 'never know when we're beaten' mentality and it deserves some fucking credit. As I say, the fact this is our best top flight result sequence in 60 years is an absolute disgrace and does put into perspective why we've never won owt. You can spend truckloads of money but you'll never see the best from that investment unless you've got those basic rudiments in place.

I hope to fuck theres just even a moderate amount of investment this winter because it could make a real difference and more to the point this team actually deserves strengthening, the way they're wanting to play for the shirt. Just get half a fucking twitch in your pants, please Mike because this is what it's about. Your coaching staff are showing that even just a few quid is likely to be well deployed so lets treat January as the opportunity to keep pushing forwards, not backwards!!

Refs giving nowt whatsoever to visitors at Old Trafford helps a bit too ;)

Aye, everything helps-they'll win at all costs, hence Taggarts relentless bitching/sending the FA his approved list of who can ref at OT.

No stone unturned.

He consistently gets a phenomenal amount out of millionaire footballers though because of the very basics. They're there to play for the shirt and win at all costs and £200,000 a week burning a hole in their pockets doesn't distract from that one iota.

orsonclapping1.gif

Is that based on their position at the time of playing each team or the current positions?

Current position. I'm not some kind of geek who's gonna look at historical position ;)

Meaningless, the "hardness factor" for those we've played is presumably affected by the fact we've played them and not lost to them.

Using your logic. We beat Fulham, Fulham drew with Man City ergo our game against Man City should be easier than our game against Fulham.

I missed no point btw.

you always miss the point

To be fair, our fixtures have been piss easy. Arsenal, Stoke away, the away derby and Spurs are all gifts of fixtures. The m*ckems have had it much harder with Swansea, Norwich, West Brom and Bolton. All really high flying teams who no-one will beat.

s*nderland have just been really unlucky. Their squad on paper could easily finish in Europe. Much better team than us. We've just had lots of luck against poor teams.

who cares about sunderland ? You sound like a mackem who is obsessed with Newcastle ? Surely we have bigger ambitions than emulating sunderland ? [We certainly did not so long ago, remember the ridicule hurled at "Free Ticket Mackems" etc because they couldn't fill their ground with ticket sales at the full price, for instance]

[We certainly did not so long ago, remember the ridicule hurled at "Free Ticket Mackems" etc because they couldn't fill their ground with ticket sales at the full price, for instance]

I think it's because they gave away tickets for free to local colleges and Schools, most recently they have contacted a Korean society based in the north east offering them a deal on bulk tickets.

At the moment nobody has any money and a lot of people feel disenfranchised with football per se which is perhaps an explanation as to our relatively low crowds - so for me the club giving the fans season tickets at half price is a great thing and hopefully this will encourage the same fans to come back next year.

It's a far cry from literally giving free tickets away - notice the tickets for Spurs and Wigan were relatively expensive. £26 for Wigan, really?

Aside of the fact that this is just a usual "nothing" post from you, the Grey man of toontastic with absolutely nothing to say or predict with no real opinions on anything, other than being wise after the event, I do sort of agree with your apparent view that to write off ManU at this stage, on the back of one disastrous defeat [5-0 anyone] is foolish. But only to be expected, given the amount of people and press coverage by the monkeys in the Evening Chronicle to name one, that a run of good results over less than a dozen fixtures in some way is superior to regular european qualification over a period of 15 years.

I'm not suprised however at these sort of views.

[We certainly did not so long ago, remember the ridicule hurled at "Free Ticket Mackems" etc because they couldn't fill their ground with ticket sales at the full price, for instance]

I think it's because they gave away tickets for free to local colleges and Schools, most recently they have contacted a Korean society based in the north east offering them a deal on bulk tickets.

At the moment nobody has any money and a lot of people feel disenfranchised with football per se which is perhaps an explanation as to our relatively low crowds - so for me the club giving the fans season tickets at half price is a great thing and hopefully this will encourage the same fans to come back next year.

It's a far cry from literally giving free tickets away - notice the tickets for Spurs and Wigan were relatively expensive. £26 for Wigan, really?

they said that during the "Free ticket mackems" days too Tom, but they had the money to sell out SJP at the full price.

Yes but people have computers with Internet streams as good as sky sports or a knock off foreign channel up the pub with the match on.

There are so many more variables.

Yes but people have computers with Internet streams as good as sky sports or a knock off foreign channel up the pub with the match on.

There are so many more variables.

irrelevant really Tom. NUFC would fill that ground and a lot more than that if people REALLY believed in the club and where it was going. There would be no need to sell cheap tickets, sorry to piss on anybodys chips like, but its only being done because they can't sell the tickets, Mike Ashley would sell them for full price if he could, just like anybody else who did when there was the interest and the demand that they created. He's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart anymore than anybode else would.

I'm aware he'd sell them at full price if he could - that's why it was change rather than a given but there's a score of clubs he's not going to compete with and that's obvious too, so are we waiting to win the lottery like City - because I think given the current football climate that's the only thing that will get some fans back.

Liverpool have spent well over £100m in less than a year and look nowt special...

To be fair, our fixtures have been piss easy. Arsenal, Stoke away, the away derby and Spurs are all gifts of fixtures. The m*ckems have had it much harder with Swansea, Norwich, West Brom and Bolton. All really high flying teams who no-one will beat.

s*nderland have just been really unlucky. Their squad on paper could easily finish in Europe. Much better team than us. We've just had lots of luck against poor teams.

who cares about sunderland ? You sound like a mackem who is obsessed with Newcastle ? Surely we have bigger ambitions than emulating sunderland ? [We certainly did not so long ago, remember the ridicule hurled at "Free Ticket Mackems" etc because they couldn't fill their ground with ticket sales at the full price, for instance]

They all care when they're from these 50/50 areas mate. Personally as long as we hump them every time we play them I couldn't give a monkeys chuff.

As for them having a much better team, what a fuckin idiot. I'd love to know who the lad, and clearly that's what he is, a lad, thinks would get in wor first eleven from theirs.

Edited by McFaul

Tucked. ;)

You're sub-conscious has processed the fact that i've been right and you've been wrong for the last 12 months but your ego is too inflexible to process it. Hence this passive-aggressiveness and multiple references to me in other threads.

Its ok, we're all onside now ;)

CabayeAye was being sarcastic.

I didn't read the original post and it's context, LM seemed to think it was a genuine view so I responded to it accordingly.

He was on pissed again I'm assuming. Either that or he genuinely has no basic brain function left.

I didn't read the original post and it's context, LM seemed to think it was a genuine view so I responded to it accordingly.

He was on pissed again I'm assuming. Either that or he genuinely has no basic brain function left.

ah, the grey man is back.

Tucked. ;)

You're sub-conscious has processed the fact that i've been right and you've been wrong for the last 12 months but your ego is too inflexible to process it. Hence this passive-aggressiveness and multiple references to me in other threads.

Its ok, we're all onside now ;)

This is deep man. :)

ah, the grey man is back.

How's the hangover? :icon_lol: