Who's had the easiest start?

Happy Face

CabayeAye was being sarcastic.

I didn't read the original post and it's context, LM seemed to think it was a genuine view so I responded to it accordingly.

He was on pissed again I'm assuming. Either that or he genuinely has no basic brain function left.

ah, the grey man is back.

How's the hangover? :icon_lol:

how was your lemonade ?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tucked. ;)

You're sub-conscious has processed the fact that i've been right and you've been wrong for the last 12 months but your ego is too inflexible to process it. Hence this passive-aggressiveness and multiple references to me in other threads.

Its ok, we're all onside now ;)

This is deep man. :)

Changing my avatar to Caravaggio's Incredulity of St Thomas would have been deep.

I didn't read the original post and it's context, LM seemed to think it was a genuine view so I responded to it accordingly.

He was on pissed again I'm assuming. Either that or he genuinely has no basic brain function left.

how was your lemonade ?

Loving the new material. Not.

how was your lemonade ?

Loving the new material. Not.

usual rubbish from you. You should try getting out and meeting people btw, it would do you good.

Guest CabayeAye

I was taking the piss man!! Some people on this thread need to take their heeds for a shite rather than coming out with some generic "he wasn't born on a barge on the Tyne, so he's not a real Geordie" bullshit whilst going to 50,000 feet about fuck all.

Grow up you thick cunt!

Edited by CabayeAye

I've just had a go on the BBC predictor thing here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

Trying to be as pessimistic as possible, I've stuck in results up until the December 4th (after the 3 big games we have coming up) and this is the predicted table at that point:

1 Man City P14 GD+37 Pts 40

2 Man Utd P14 GD+23 Pts 35

3 Tottenham P13 GD+10 Pts 31

4 Chelsea P14 GD+14 Pts 29

5 Arsenal P14 GD+7 Pts 28

6 Liverpool P14 GD+6 Pts 25

7 Newcastle P14 GD+4 Pts 25

8 Stoke P14 GD-3 Pts 18

9 Everton P13 GD-3 Pts 17

10 Norwich P14 GD-6 Pts 15

11 QPR P14 GD-12 Pts 15

12 Sunderland P14 GD+2 Pts 14

13 Aston Villa P14 GD-4 Pts 14

14 Wolves P14 GD-10 Pts 14

15 West Brom P14 GD-7 Pts 13

16 Swansea P14 GD-8 Pts 13

17 Fulham P14 GD-3 Pts 11

18 Blackburn P14 GD-16 Pts 9

19 Wigan P14 GD-14 Pts 8

20 Bolton P14 GD-17 Pts 8

Got to say I'd be quite chuffed if we come out of the Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea games with the table looking like that - and that's with defeats predicted in all 3 games too!

The other 13 teams points per game ratio is against the non 'top 6' clubs

Newcastle - 2.5 pts per game

Everton - 2

Norwich - 1.71

Swansea - 1.71

WBA - 1.57

Aston Villa - 1.33

Sunderland - 1.29

QPR - 1.25

Bolton - 1.2

Stoke - 1.17

Wolves - 1.14

Fulham - 1

Wigan - 0.87

Blackburn - 0.5

....so we're still a long way ahead of everyone even if you take out everyone's "tough games".

Everton - 2

Norwich - 1.71

Swansea - 1.71

WBA - 1.57

Aston Villa - 1.33

Sunderland - 1.29

QPR - 1.25

Bolton - 1.2

Stoke - 1.17

Wolves - 1.14

Fulham - 1

Wigan - 0.87

Blackburn - 0.5

....so we're still a long way ahead of everyone even if you take out everyone's "tough games".

Interesting...who does he class as the top 6? Current or last season?

Everton - 2

Norwich - 1.71

Swansea - 1.71

WBA - 1.57

Aston Villa - 1.33

Sunderland - 1.29

QPR - 1.25

Bolton - 1.2

Stoke - 1.17

Wolves - 1.14

Fulham - 1

Wigan - 0.87

Blackburn - 0.5

Interesting...who does he class as the top 6? Current or last season?

The 6 clubs who arent in that list are last seasons top 6.

Think I'll use the drivel to put £20 on Villa to get relegated. You can get 20/1.

Think it don't matter what our results are against the top 2 (they will beat more or less everyone this year).

What will make or break our season given that our results against average and weak sides continues is our results against Arsenal, Liv and Spurs...Those games for me are the key indicators.

Did you know that Man U did not win a single away game against top half opposition last season?

Yet still won the league.

I make this point (in a roundabout way) quite often about Man U and it can't be underestimated tbh. They will go away and lose at places like Liverpool etc and while the Scousers are there celebrating winning their cup final Ferguson simply won't bat an eyelid at it. He knows Man U will go on and beat the sides (the inferior/'easy' sides) that Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will piss points away to and he picks up the league trophy at the end of the season.

The importance of this applies equally to our start to the season. We've played several 'easy' sides but we would routinely piss points away to them/roll over and die in normal circumstances. This season we haven't-we've ground out results, employed gameplans, started with the mindset of not conceding goals, been cynical when necessary (towels) and had a 'never know when we're beaten' mentality and it deserves some fucking credit. As I say, the fact this is our best top flight result sequence in 60 years is an absolute disgrace and does put into perspective why we've never won owt. You can spend truckloads of money but you'll never see the best from that investment unless you've got those basic rudiments in place.

I hope to fuck theres just even a moderate amount of investment this winter because it could make a real difference and more to the point this team actually deserves strengthening, the way they're wanting to play for the shirt. Just get half a fucking twitch in your pants, please Mike because this is what it's about. Your coaching staff are showing that even just a few quid is likely to be well deployed so lets treat January as the opportunity to keep pushing forwards, not backwards!!

What an excellent post.

And on the "mentality" bit, I read this today, different sport, unbeaten team, coach's view:

Question was - can a loss be a good thing.

Philosophically, we could talk all day about winning and losing. Winning and losing are representative of the three reinforcement theories – positive, negative and zero. As you develop a program that gives a team the ability to grow, positive reinforcement is the best formula for growth. Historically and through case studies, that’s been proven. Negative reinforcement is a short-term answer for correction, but constant negative reinforcement inhibits growth. I think winning and losing parallels the positive versus negative theory. To answer the question, I don’t think a loss is ever good, but it can give you short-term negative reinforcement to get your focus back in line. As a leader, I feel strongly that I can keep the team focused through winning and positive reinforcement to promote growth and confidence as we move forward. As a result, winning becomes ingrained, habitual and establishes a standard. A loss can be a punch in the mouth, but it inhibits progress. In professional sports, it’s all about winning and progressing to be the best you can be, because if you’re playing the best you can, your chances of winning increase greatly.

The 6 clubs who arent in that list are last seasons top 6.

Works out very similar going on the current top 6 too. Makes Spurs look all the better though....

Spurs 3.0

Man C 2.8

Man U 2.7

Arse 2.4

Newcastle 2.3

Liverpool 2.1

Chelsea 2.1

Everton 2.0

Norwich 1.7

WBA 1.6

Swansea 1.5

Aston Villa 1.4

Wolves 1.3

Sunderland 1.3

Stoke 1.2

QPR 1.1

Fulham 1.1

Bolton 1.0

Blackburn 0.9

Wigan 0.7

Think I'll use the drivel to put £20 on Villa to get relegated. You can get 20/1.

Think it don't matter what our results are against the top 2 (they will beat more or less everyone this year).

What will make or break our season given that our results against average and weak sides continues is our results against Arsenal, Liv and Spurs...Those games for me are the key indicators.

Did you know that Man U did not win a single away game against top half opposition last season?

I make this point (in a roundabout way) quite often about Man U and it can't be underestimated tbh. They will go away and lose at places like Liverpool etc and while the Scousers are there celebrating winning their cup final Ferguson simply won't bat an eyelid at it. He knows Man U will go on and beat the sides (the inferior/'easy' sides) that Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will piss points away to and he picks up the league trophy at the end of the season.

The importance of this applies equally to our start to the season. We've played several 'easy' sides but we would routinely piss points away to them/roll over and die in normal circumstances. This season we haven't-we've ground out results, employed gameplans, started with the mindset of not conceding goals, been cynical when necessary (towels) and had a 'never know when we're beaten' mentality and it deserves some fucking credit. As I say, the fact this is our best top flight result sequence in 60 years is an absolute disgrace and does put into perspective why we've never won owt. You can spend truckloads of money but you'll never see the best from that investment unless you've got those basic rudiments in place.

I hope to fuck theres just even a moderate amount of investment this winter because it could make a real difference and more to the point this team actually deserves strengthening, the way they're wanting to play for the shirt. Just get half a fucking twitch in your pants, please Mike because this is what it's about. Your coaching staff are showing that even just a few quid is likely to be well deployed so lets treat January as the opportunity to keep pushing forwards, not backwards!!

What an excellent post.

And on the "mentality" bit, I read this today, different sport, unbeaten team, coach's view:

Philosophically, we could talk all day about winning and losing. Winning and losing are representative of the three reinforcement theories – positive, negative and zero. As you develop a program that gives a team the ability to grow, positive reinforcement is the best formula for growth. Historically and through case studies, that’s been proven. Negative reinforcement is a short-term answer for correction, but constant negative reinforcement inhibits growth. I think winning and losing parallels the positive versus negative theory. To answer the question, I don’t think a loss is ever good, but it can give you short-term negative reinforcement to get your focus back in line. As a leader, I feel strongly that I can keep the team focused through winning and positive reinforcement to promote growth and confidence as we move forward. As a result, winning becomes ingrained, habitual and establishes a standard. A loss can be a punch in the mouth, but it inhibits progress. In professional sports, it’s all about winning and progressing to be the best you can be, because if you’re playing the best you can, your chances of winning increase greatly.

American Football par chance? :lol:

What an excellent post.

Well obviously, but the premis is applicable

But if you'd rather take the piss, fill yer boots.

Suggests a tough game tomorrow as well like.

I've been surprised at the prediction thread. It seems as though half this forum are scizophrenic.

"Held down by your northern soul,

you made a break for the coast

a whirlwind sucked up all those silly girls-

who gave us black dreams

and now you're caught in NYC

with the rain coming down..

It's just a Hollywood summer..

before the dark winter comes..

Took your friends to dinner

and you said a lot

without meaning anything

held down by your northern soul. :)

What an excellent post.

do you mean "winning mentality" as in finishing 2nd [twice], 3rd [twice], 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th in 14 years ? Including "trophy signings" ie largely players who are used to winning ?

Or spending one year almost going down, then relegated, another season coming back, and your first season up selling your best players and pocketing the cash ?

Somehow I don't think this will get even a half-intelligent football based reply.

Edited by LeazesMag

What an excellent post.

Well obviously, but the premis is applicable

But if you'd rather take the piss, fill yer boots.

Alreet, Tex.