Manche$ter City v Newcastle United

Park Life

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad this one's out of the way. By no means a humiliation and plenty of positives to take from it, most notably really being that where we conceded goals, this was in an area where we already know we're sub-standard ie Raylor. And he's not going to come up against a better attacking threat than City in whatever other games he does play for us. Also we still didn't have out first choice central midfield.

Said it before but I don't have the hatred of City that most have on here. They're a big club that won absolutely nowt for over a generation while their neighbours systematically won everything as the country's unofficial national team. Delighted if anyone can wipe the smile of Man U's faces and even better if it's someone that will rile them as much as Man C. As this Ricster says, we've had the mega money splashed in the past and they're having the same now (the only difference being you have to spend even more, proportionately, given the competition).

The only exception I make in my observations of Man C is Balotelli, who has to be the most unnecessary prick of a human being currently kicking a football in England and Wales. I hope his career absolutely dies on it's arse.

Tonights version of hell is man city fans from stoke on the train sounding like manu fans 'we'll score when we like' ffs...and that poznan fuckin bollocks.....theyve got the worst set of know nothing bandwagon jumpers since fuckin chelsea.

Canny enough today, we got twatted 4 nowt at stoke last season with a fair few of the same players. Ashley has struck lucky with Pardew and Carr....

City fan just trying to point out a couple of things wrong with your post.

Since moving to COMS here are the attendances each season up until August 2008 vs Newcastle.

03/04 - May 1st 04 - 47,266

04/05 - Feb 2nd 05 - 45,752

05/06 - Feb 1st 06 - 42,413

06/07 - Nov 11th 06 - 40,571

07/08 - Sep 29th 07 - 40,606

Thats an average of 43,321, and as that first fixture shows, there was and still are plenty of City fans for our stadium to be full. If you take into account the move from Keegan to Pearce, then there is a big decline, but who can fault some of the fans after only seeing one goal in a full season at home under Pearce. Obviously when things pick up on the pitch the attendances increase. Newcastle fans should know that better than most, as your support hasnt been as loyal as you make out, just pointing this out and in no way a dig.

Also, you have added the wrong words to that song. Its a piss take out of a United song and the derby demolition we did on them. The song goes, 'It should've been 10, It should've been 10, You cockney bastards, It should've been 10.'

And just to clear the Poznan piece up, it is our way of thanking Lech for being the first set of fans to really make an atmosphere at our stadium, in a game we were involved in. Both sets of fans respect each other and this is our way of showing that.

Talking about respecting other sets of fans, maybe that is something some Newcastle fans could look into. Im not sure if any are aware of the firework/thunderflash that was thrown into the home support on Saturday, but it is a disgraceful action from a football fan which has led to a City fan almost having his hand blown off as he went to remove it from infront of 2 children. That is what was seen on tv when City fans were trying to get to Newcastle fans. Alot of coin throwing then resulted from both sets of fans, then the Newcastle fans started to tear up seats and throw them at City fans too. You can read more here if you like.

http://forums.bluemo...hp?f=1&t=239904

So if you want to talk about "know nothing" fans i'll be quite happy to discuss the Geordie's actions as well as City's.

Our support is THE most loyal in world football. You can go on about 1991 as much as you like, but if you understood NUFC, there was an official boycott to oust Gordon McKeag and get SJH, there's nothing else you can really have a dig at us for like ever.

Not as loyal as we make out? You cheeky cunt. We got relegated with a world record average gate for a relegated team 48,750. We've got the worst chairman in the league, and we averaged 44,000 in the Championship, paying Premiership ticket prices, with no new signings. No club in the world would do that. When Pearce was there a lot of your league gates were as low as 34,000, I agree with the comment you have will continue to have a lot of gloryhunters. I tell you what summed it up for me, other than that FA Cup tie in 2002, you never had over 2,000 away fans here since the 5-0 in 1984, last season you had 2,800 sums it all up for me. You're by no means the worst supporters, but there are a lot of myths about Manchester City's support.

There is nothing interesting about City and nothing to be gleaned from any discussion of them for me. Money = successful club. Tevez is a cunt. No offence obviously Ricster.

Aye they might as well be Wigan. Before the buy out they were not in any way shape or form bigger than Sunderland.

I didn't think you would need Aguero with Tevez tbh (before the whole Munich incident of course). Thought he would be a bit too slight an all but is looking awesome so far.

Balotelli could go on to be one of the best strikers in the world if he wanted to - would love to have had him at Newcastle (or Reading; could use a few goals at present) and Dzeko is getting well-suited to the prem.

Read an article last week (possibly on here) about Tevez being a greedy player - looking at goals to assists ratio compared to other strikers.

He'd still walk into any top team in the world, but it seems that a career with Joorbachrin has completely fucked him up in the head. Any bloke with hair as greasy as Joorbachrin is bad news imo. Sad to see someone being paid such an obscene amount of money and apparently doesn't accept responsibility for his own actions. You worry how his kids are going to turn out...

There must be grounds for City to simply stop paying him or even claim legal comp seeing as he's fit to play.

I think City have their legal team looking into all the equations, but will City really get £40m - £50m if they sue him? I believe Chelsea, who sacked Mutu, are still chasing the millions they sued him for. Sometimes its better just to accept the offer from another club and put it on the books, at least the money is there then and that is why i believe Tevez will be gone in January and Inter will still be at the table due to their bad start to the season.

There is nothing interesting about City and nothing to be gleaned from any discussion of them for me. Money = successful club. Tevez is a cunt. No offence obviously Ricster.

No offence taken either Chez, i just came on to clear up the "bandwagon jumpers" comment. And there is plenty to be interested in, Silva, Balotelli, important CL game tomorrow, and the new training acadamy. Suppose you need to be a City fan for all that though ;)

Aye they might as well be Wigan. Before the buy out they were not in any way shape or form bigger than Sunderland.

Yeah but Sunderland are a reasonably big club. Miles bigger than Wigan.

It's daft to say City aren't a large size club even if they are spending obscene amounts of money now. They're not as big as Man U, obviously so get looked down on cos nobody's heard of them outside of the UK, but it doesn't alter the fact they're one of England's traditionally large clubs.

It's daft to say City aren't a large size club even if they are spending obscene amounts of money now. They're not as big as Man U, obviously so get looked down on cos nobody's heard of them outside of the UK, but it doesn't alter the fact they're one of England's traditionally large clubs.

I'd personally class Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Leeds, Sunderland and Aston Villa as bigger, but they're significantly bigger than Wigan. It was never a game to get the blood flowing whenever we played them, like it is say against Tottenham or Leeds, we just expected to win and that's it.

The only exception I make in my observations of Man C is Balotelli, who has to be the most unnecessary prick of a human being currently kicking a football in England and Wales. I hope his career absolutely dies on it's arse.

Some love him, some hate him, and while i agree he can be his own worst enemy at times, how did Newcastle fans respond to Gazza's antics over the years? Very much the same kind of player, meaning they both have/had the world at their feet, but both have/had their fair share of problems within their own heads.

Some love him, some hate him, and while i agree he can be his own worst enemy at times, how did Newcastle fans respond to Gazza's antics over the years? Very much the same kind of player, meaning they both have/had the world at their feet, but both have/had their fair share of problems within their own heads.

He left when he was 20 and was no bother at all. Gazza being a bad boy throughout his career is a myth anyway in my opinion. He had a domestic, and crashed Boro's team bus, that was about as bad as it got.

I'd personally class Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Leeds, Sunderland and Aston Villa as bigger, but they're significantly bigger than Wigan. It was never a game to get the blood flowing whenever we played them, like it is say against Tottenham or Leeds, we just expected to win and that's it.

I wouldn't disagree massively but you could swap them for either Leeds or Villa for me without it making any real difference. And if you do that they're in the top 8 over 130+ years of English football. Liverpool Chelsea and Man U are still having the money spunked on them, so City are simply a team from the next pack who look a bit out of place because they're new to billionaire football. They're just new to the Prem top table though, they're not Wigan that's just daft.

No, Balotelli is just a complete wanker.

Gazza absolutely lived for the game (probably all too literally) and was a local lad living a dream playing for his boyhood club. Baloteli honestly and truly has no love of football whatsoever and wouldn't piss on your fans if you were on fire if you want the truth. He's just a complete twat of a human being. My point is about his personality not his talent.

I wouldn't disagree massively but you could swap them for either Leeds or Villa for me without it making any real difference. And if you do that they're in the top 8 over 130+ years of English football. Liverpool Chelsea and Man U are still having the money spunked on them, so City are simply a team from the next pack who look a bit out of place because they're new to billionaire football. They're just new to the Prem top table though, they're not Wigan that's just daft.

Do you not think it's a bit patronising for a fan of another club to come on here and abuse a clubs unparalleled support having not won a domestic trophy for 56 years though?

I don't class Villa as big personally but they do have 7 league titles and 1 European Cup, and as such given their similar fanbases I'd give Villa the edge, if you're going to class Everton as bigger than Man City you have to class Villa as such too, all subjective though, and your post is largely spot on. I just hate Man City me, our fans have clearly been wanks at the weekend, but they've been doing equally bad things to us for years, even going back to the 80's when they ransacked Eldon Square, with old shoppers frightened for their lives, and not to mention 2002 when they smashed up bars on Percy Street, or 2000 at Maine Road, the list is endless. I've got no respect for them at all.

I'll admit Balotelli is hilarious, didn't like his reaction to the pen on Saturday but knowing he is how he is, it didn't bother me either. Just a daftie.

The comments in the pub would when he folded his arms echoed John Terry's about Anton Ferdinand. People shouldn't be racist, but he seems to revel in winding people up.

Tonights version of hell is man city fans from stoke on the train sounding like manu fans 'we'll score when we like' ffs...and that poznan fuckin bollocks.....theyve got the worst set of know nothing bandwagon jumpers since fuckin chelsea.

Canny enough today, we got twatted 4 nowt at stoke last season with a fair few of the same players. Ashley has struck lucky with Pardew and Carr....

Since moving to COMS here are the attendances each season up until August 2008 vs Newcastle.

Thats an average of 43,321, and as that first fixture shows, there was and still are plenty of City fans for our stadium to be full. If you take into account the move from Keegan to Pearce, then there is a big decline, but who can fault some of the fans after only seeing one goal in a full season at home under Pearce. Obviously when things pick up on the pitch the attendances increase. Newcastle fans should know that better than most, as your support hasnt been as loyal as you make out, just pointing this out and in no way a dig.

Also, you have added the wrong words to that song. Its a piss take out of a United song and the derby demolition we did on them. The song goes, 'It should've been 10, It should've been 10, You cockney bastards, It should've been 10.'

And just to clear the Poznan piece up, it is our way of thanking Lech for being the first set of fans to really make an atmosphere at our stadium, in a game we were involved in. Both sets of fans respect each other and this is our way of showing that.

Talking about respecting other sets of fans, maybe that is something some Newcastle fans could look into. Im not sure if any are aware of the firework/thunderflash that was thrown into the home support on Saturday, but it is a disgraceful action from a football fan which has led to a City fan almost having his hand blown off as he went to remove it from infront of 2 children. That is what was seen on tv when City fans were trying to get to Newcastle fans. Alot of coin throwing then resulted from both sets of fans, then the Newcastle fans started to tear up seats and throw them at City fans too. You can read more here if you like.

So if you want to talk about "know nothing" fans i'll be quite happy to discuss the Geordie's actions as well as City's.

Our support is THE most loyal in world football. You can go on about 1991 as much as you like, but if you understood NUFC, there was an official boycott to oust Gordon McKeag and get SJH, there's nothing else you can really have a dig at us for like ever.

Not as loyal as we make out? You cheeky cunt. We got relegated with a world record average gate for a relegated team 48,750. We've got the worst chairman in the league, and we averaged 44,000 in the Championship, paying Premiership ticket prices, with no new signings. No club in the world would do that. When Pearce was there a lot of your league gates were as low as 34,000, I agree with the comment you have will continue to have a lot of gloryhunters. I tell you what summed it up for me, other than that FA Cup tie in 2002, you never had over 2,000 away fans here since the 5-0 in 1984, last season you had 2,800 sums it all up for me. You're by no means the worst supporters, but there are a lot of myths about Manchester City's support.

35,776 was the lowest attendance at the COMS since we moved there and that was under Pearce's guidance in 06/07 against Fulham who brought a couple of hundered fans that day, as they usually do.

I do realise what happened in 91, and fair play to you guys for it, we had the same problem with Swales. I was meaning before 91, when you guys were stuck in the lower reaches of football. We were there for a short stint and averaged 32,000, the lowest i can ever remember a crowd being at Maine Road.

Im not here to measure dicks with anyone, only here to mereley point out that saying City have bandwagon jumpers is like calling Geordies, Mackems.

Of course we have a new breed of City fan, it always happens when a club wins a trophy, or spends a shit load of cash. Shirt sales surely increased when KK was in charge of Newcastle, just like they did at Blackburn, just like they did at United, just like they did at Chelsea, and now City too. Its inevitable. But go to when City changed ground, and when there was a waiting list for tickets. City's lowest attendance that year was 44,307 vs Charlton, the rest are 46-47k. The fanbase has always been there, its not like we were any good back then :)

I've not read through this thread so I don't know what the general opinion is but I was pretty happy with how we played on Saturday.

Appart from Raylor having a mare I thought we stood up well and while it was backs to the wall for a lot of the first half the second was a different story and we caused them a lot of problems.

It's a shame Tiote wasn't playing as he could have made it a lot closer.

It was the best game I've seen Ben Arfa play for us and a lot more promising given how bad he was against Blackburn.

The only real complaint I have is that I can't understand why we persisted with SAmeobi on the right for so long. It's obvious that his right is merely a standing foot and I thought he really struggled. Swapping him and Jonas over could have given us much better balance.

Overall though, I think should come out of this with plenty of confidence to go to old trafford next week and after watching chelski yesterday I thing we should be looking to beat them.

He left when he was 20 and was no bother at all. Gazza being a bad boy throughout his career is a myth anyway in my opinion. He had a domestic, and crashed Boro's team bus, that was about as bad as it got.

Dentist Chair

Sectarian Flute

Gazza's list is about as long as a mackems criminal record :D

Do you not think it's a bit patronising for a fan of another club to come on here and abuse a clubs unparalleled support having not won a domestic trophy for 56 years though?

I don't class Villa as big personally but they do have 7 league titles and 1 European Cup, and as such given their similar fanbases I'd give Villa the edge, if you're going to class Everton as bigger than Man City you have to class Villa as such too, all subjective though, and your post is largely spot on. I just hate Man City me, our fans have clearly been wanks at the weekend, but they've been doing equally bad things to us for years, even going back to the 80's when they ransacked Eldon Square, with old shoppers frightened for their lives, and not to mention 2002 when they smashed up bars on Percy Street, or 2000 at Maine Road, the list is endless. I've got no respect for them at all.

I think trophies and fan base inevitably get conflated and then the debate has no logic to it anyway-subjective as you rightly say basically.

To be honest I know where you're coming from with the blues as they're amongst the worst for trotting out the "I remember when you had 8,000...blah blah" line so you're right about that. Also they do it even when you're not having a pop at them to start with. It doesn't matter to me like as I know it's down to their inferiority complex being Man U's marginalised neighbours. It's small man syndrome basically. The thing is for me they don't need to do that as they're a decent sized club if they look at themselves independent of Man U - but it genuinely is difficult and affects a fans psyche when all you ever hear in the media is "Man U this, Man U that" and no cunt has heard of you when you go on holiday. That truly is something thats unique to Man C in this country. I just tell them to sling it when it comes to their 8,000 patter though because in terms of average attendances over history I know we're well up there and given we never win owt that speaks for itself. Whats the more telling after all? Water off a duck's back tbh.

35,776 was the lowest attendance at the COMS since we moved there and that was under Pearce's guidance in 06/07 against Fulham who brought a couple of hundered fans that day, as they usually do.

I do realise what happened in 91, and fair play to you guys for it, we had the same problem with Swales. I was meaning before 91, when you guys were stuck in the lower reaches of football. We were there for a short stint and averaged 32,000, the lowest i can ever remember a crowd being at Maine Road.

Im not here to measure dicks with anyone, only here to mereley point out that saying City have bandwagon jumpers is like calling Geordies, Mackems.

Of course we have a new breed of City fan, it always happens when a club wins a trophy, or spends a shit load of cash. Shirt sales surely increased when KK was in charge of Newcastle, just like they did at Blackburn, just like they did at United, just like they did at Chelsea, and now City too. Its inevitable. But go to when City changed ground, and when there was a waiting list for tickets. City's lowest attendance that year was 44,307 vs Charlton, the rest are 46-47k. The fanbase has always been there, its not like we were any good back then :)

The lowest crowd you can remember at Maine Road was 32,000? Did you start going about 99 like? Even then you averaged 28,000 good for division three, but it was football's heyday really, Oasis were cool, I think Man City were cool, and it was cool to say how loyal they were, with their £15 tickets when 8 years earlier you were getting 20,000 in the top flight. That said on the face of it you do well to get decent support with Man Utd on your doorstep, but if Manchester really is blue, then you probably should.

I don't mind your comments about most of the stuff here, but to say your support isn't as loyal as you think it is, is presumptious as to how loyal an individual thinks our support is, secondly it's patronising, and thirdly I don't know how a club who have won nothing at home since 1955, and have little or no hope of winning anything, yet remain the third best supported club in the country, have fans who could be described as anything other than ultra-loyal. Do you know how many clubs have won a domestic trophy since we last did? It's about 58 of 92 clubs, some are in the fucking Conference like Luton and Oxford.

Dentist Chair

Sectarian Flute

Dentist chair ffs :lol:

Gazza played for an entire career and so far you've highlighted only one football related bit of antagonism (flute).

Balotelli's played a couple of season's and he's basically a cunt every week.

Dentist Chair

Sectarian Flute

The dentist chair was nothing new though, and he was part of 16 who were involved, was a story sensationalised by our press. The flute thing I'm 100% sure Gazza didn't understand the significance of it when he did it, and he said as much. He sharp found out when some Celtic fan said he'd slit his throat. He's hardly Lee Hughes or Marlon King, in fact apart from a bit of funny mischief, he was a good lad, no manager had any problem with him apart from Dino Zoff, who was a total cunt.

I'm getting the impression Ricster is an OOT like/Sky generation??? I even detected a hint of Yank that I thought Stevie would be all over like a cheap suit.

Haha, no I'm feeling more a chubby jovial chirpster who lives somewhere like Fleetwood or Lancaster.

No, Balotelli is just a complete wanker.

Gazza absolutely lived for the game (probably all too literally) and was a local lad living a dream playing for his boyhood club. Baloteli honestly and truly has no love of football whatsoever and wouldn't piss on your fans if you were on fire if you want the truth. He's just a complete twat of a human being. My point is about his personality not his talent.

His personality on the pitch is the way he does his job. His job is to put the ball in the net and cos he doesn't celebrate it doesn't make him a twat. Can you imagine myself running round a shopping centre, shirt off, swinging it around the air cos i'd caught a shoplifter? Different people do things differently, and i can see why he doesn't. Do i wish he did celebrate? Yep, cos knowing our Mario, it would be epic every week.

If youre pointing out how he is or was then i believe there is a very good reason for it. He came to England with a lot of attitude but when youre racially abused by fans of not just other clubs, but also your national team, obviously your barriers are going to go up. There is a lot of misunderstanding about Balotelli, and i suggest a few read up on what his life has been like cos money cant buy happiness.