Apple - Eldon Square

henda11

The other night, our lass went to bed and her iPhone 4 was working fine. But when she woke up it was off, so she thought the battery had just died during the night. Anyway, she put it on charge and it didn't come on, and she tried the recovery mode, and it went to the emergency calls only thing. But then it started going on and off, and then when she unplugged the power from the wall it would go off completely. So i tried plugging it into the PC, and it would load, but it wouldn't get any further than the Apple logo and it'd keep restarting all the time.

So i booked an appointment with Apple and went yesterday afternoon at 12 to have it looked at. So he reset the battery, and thought he had it sorted and with a smug face, plugged it into the laptop and said "its loading the software now" , then the phone restarted itself again and again, and the smug look soon disappeared from the guy behind the Genuis Bar. The phone was 40 days out of warranty and they wanted £119 for a new one.

The guy that saw me didn't even seem interested, as when i was explaining my problem to him he was looking around the store, and i purposely stopped speaking twice so he'd notice i knew he was being an ignorant cunt. Anyway, all the other staff in Apple were canny, and welcoming when i came in the store, seems like a canny place to work aswell.

Is it worth going back and arguing the odds even though its out of warrant because i've spent a shit load of money with Apple, iPhone 1, 3G, 3GS, 4, iPad 1 & 2, and i've never had any problems with those products.

get rid of it mate get yourself a galaxy s 2 much better phone than the iphone

No it isn't, personal preference as well

S2's software is awful imo

i have an s2 and find it better than iphone aswel i have had both but i just find it easier to use and i prefer android anyway

Personally have had fantastic service from Apple in Eldon Square. Took my iPhone in just before Christmas as it had regularly been cutting out when I was in the middle of a call and the whole phone would re-start itself which was absolutely infuriating. They looked at it, downloaded the phone history and stats, told me it was a firmware issue and promptly took a new iPhone out of the drawer behind them and replaced it. I wasn't asked where I'd originally got it from, whether I had insurance or a warranty or anything like that. The guy asked me to enter my Apple ID and password, and as I left the shop, all of my original info and data was downloading back onto my new phone and it was as if nothing had happened. They were frankly brilliant.