Some Sketch Comedy I've Done

JonTheMag

Hey, so I started a sketch comedy troupe at my University, and we've made two videos so far. I've posted them here, so please give me your thoughts/harassments about them. If you like them, feel free to like the facebook page at www.facebook.com/bringyourownjuice , or follow us on twitter at twitter.com/BYOJ. We upload videos every other Tuesday, and I'm the waiter at the end in 'Two Bites' and the Italian with the hat in 'The Racist Count'. Enjoy.

http://www.tvmcgill.com/2012/02/03/the-racist-count/

http://www.tvmcgill.com/2012/01/19/two-bites/

Good luck with it anyway. A fun thing to do with your pals and you can work on your craft. Presume with you being the 'producer/director' type you'll be able to get some student totty clunge looking to 'audition' for parts, if you know what I mean. Sex, basically, is what I was inferring. Just remember to always use condoms, because they're cheaper than alimony.

I didnt find either sketch funny (but 40 something taxi drivers may not be your target audience), however I did find your portrayal of the waiter excellent. Not sure what the proper name for it is?? but the little facial expressions etc were very good.

You would make a very good Mr Bean.

Good luck with it.

I didnt find either sketch funny (but 40 something taxi drivers may not be your target audience), however I did find your portrayal of the waiter excellent. Not sure what the proper name for it is?? but the little facial expressions etc were very good.

Good luck with it.

It's called "acting" you fucking doyle :lol:

Jon, this won't be the best audience for your stuff; sketch comedy tends to lean towards the wacky and the lads on here are most definitely not that way inclined. The stuff you've done is decent and if you want some contacts I know a couple of sketch groups that've been around for a while. It's not really my bag because I find much of sketch comedy quite hackneyed. I reckon you can only go one of two ways with sketches though, either rattle off as many one-liner sketches as possible, or have recurring characters in a variety of situations. Stick at it though :good:

Good luck with it.

Jon, this won't be the best audience for your stuff; sketch comedy tends to lean towards the wacky and the lads on here are most definitely not that way inclined. The stuff you've done is decent and if you want some contacts I know a couple of sketch groups that've been around for a while. It's not really my bag because I find much of sketch comedy quite hackneyed. I reckon you can only go one of two ways with sketches though, either rattle off as many one-liner sketches as possible, or have recurring characters in a variety of situations. Stick at it though :good:

Some of were dragged up on the finest sketch comedy ever seen whether that be Python, goodies, benny hill, two ronnies, etc etc

Good luck with it.

Some of were dragged up on the finest sketch comedy ever seen whether that be Python, goodies, benny hill, two ronnies, etc etc

Sorry, I'll rephrase, I tend to find contemporary sketch comedy hackneyed.

Racist count would be good as a cutaway between two longer skits. The first skit was a reasonable idea, but the male customer was annoying and overacted and the whole thing dragged on a little too long.

Would be interested to see more.

Thanks for the support everyone! We're releasing new videos every other Thursday, so I'm happy to keep posting them here if you're interested in seeing more.

Not expecting to be Mitchell and Webb after two sketches, but the idea is if we do it enough we HAVE to get good at it eventually! And all constructive criticism is appreciated, always.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, so we've released another video, although this one may be lost on you as its quite relevant to my university. This whole year there's been a group of students who call themselves MobSquad and go around protesting everything. At one point they occupied the Administration building for a week before they were evicted. It's pretty ridiculous, so we decided to make a video parodying it. This was thrown together in 48 hours, and some of it isn't as clean or concise as we would've liked, but we're still pretty proud of it. Let me know your thoughts!

http://www.tvmcgill.com/2012/03/22/raising-awareness-for-the-mcgill-student-population-stuck-in-trees-2/