Top 4, no 5. No 6. Actually 7!

Howmanheyman

Actually I've just googled Secker and I take that back. Thought she was nice at the time though. Just shows you.

:lol: felt the same way about Lucy Robinson on Neighbours ye look now and think ye goofy cow.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Neville was the all time legend though. He used to crack a gag at the end especially on Look North, only it wasn't a gag it was usually shit, but he always laughed heartily and his laugh made you laugh. I don't know why I know Mike Neville was a drink driver mind, amazing what sticks in your head.

While we're on the subject, Bob Johnson :lol: His little phrases like it's a wee bit dreeky or whatever. So shit they were good. I bet him and Mike Neville (after he moved to ITV) were always in the Egypt Cottage. Before driving home :lol:

I worked with a woman who was really pally with Mike Neville's wife who said he was a cracking bloke like, life and soul of the party and all that. Total old skool beer and tabs man, they always claim that Viz based Roger Mellie on him but I never know whether that's an urban myth or not.

Fuck me, Duncan Wood? Where is he know. I've heard Roger Thames sporadically do voiceover stuff on ITV FA Cup highlights but he's pretty much disappeared. What about Charles Harrison? He must be deed my now?

I worked with a woman who was really pally with Mike Neville's wife who said he was a cracking bloke like, life and soul of the party and all that. Total old skool beer and tabs man, they always claim that Viz based Roger Mellie on him but I never know whether that's an urban myth or not.

Fuck me, Duncan Wood? Where is he know. I've heard Roger Thames sporadically do voiceover stuff on ITV FA Cup highlights but he's pretty much disappeared. What about Charles Harrison? He must be deed my now?

Fuck knows about Duncan Wood, but I seem to remember him going to ITV morning telly mid 90s was it TV AM or something? Roger Tames :lol: surely the most sung about commentator in footballing history. Where's Bob Johnson now like Alex?

Charles Harrison. What a smoothie. I remember some 'controversy' about him supposedly having to say 'ooh ah Daily Star' as part of an advertising deal with Metro. Apparently a compromise was reached and a tape was played with a football crowd singing it instead. That way the 'classy' commentator didn't have to lower him or his 'dulcet tones' by saying the phrase. Or something.

Fuck knows about Duncan Wood, but I seem to remember him going to ITV morning telly mid 90s was it TV AM or something? Roger Tames :lol: surely the most sung about commentator in footballing history. Where's Bob Johnson now like Alex?

Retired I think.

Bob Johnson retired irrc. I miss his place name anagrams.

:lol: You could do a comedy piss-take of that. "We Shag Kids" where Boro is etc.

:lol: :lol:

We Shag Sheep instead of Tow Law.

Harrison always denied the Mackem rumours claiming he supported Barnsley. Tames likewise said he was an Arsenal fan. Thing is, they worked up here for years, they must've had an adopted side, Harrison never really got excited at a match so it wasn't always easy to tell, Tames was 100% Boro, fuck the Sunderland myth, the man would've got on his knees and sucked Bernie Slaven off if he could, the match we beat them 3-1 down there had to be the most biased editing of highlights I've ever seen, including the noise! As for Duncan Wood, I remember once, for some reason he was giving reports from Roker Park to Metro Radio for a 2nd division game, (maybe he filled in as an emergency), anyway, picture the scene, 14,000 inside the ground, it's that quiet you can even hear a mackem individual shout out 'Owers man, ya uewessless cunt', and Wood says, "Well Sunderland town council will getting complaints tomorrow! The noise is deafening here, tonight!" :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman

Harrison always denied the Mackem rumours claiming he supported Barnsley. Tames likewise said he was an Arsenal fan. Thing is, they worked up here for years, they must've had an adopted side, Harrison never really got excited at a match so it wasn't always easy to tell, Tames was 100% Boro, fuck the Sunderland myth, the man would've got on his knees and sucked Bernie Slaven off if he could, the match we beat them 3-1 down there had to be the most biased editing of highlights I've ever seen, including the noise! As for Duncan Wood, I remember once, for some reason he was giving reports from Roker Park to Metro Radio for a 2nd division game, (maybe he filled in as an emergency), anyway, picture the scene, 14,000 inside the ground, it's that quiet you can even hear a mackem individual shout out 'Owers man, ya uewessless cunt', and Wood says, "Well Sunderland town council will getting complaints tomorrow! The noise is deafening here, tonight!" :lol:

:lol:

I remember going to the old Roker Park once. Canon League Division One. They were playing Spurs (got family from Herts who are Spurs). We were in the (home) Clock Stand. Luckily we were subtle (well, I was just a bairn) plus with Ron Guthrie who is a bit of a Mackem ledge, for obvious reasons. Anyway, I've never to this day heard fans giving their players so much stick. I remember Venison giving it loads back as well. Ron reckoned that was par for the course - from him and the fans side.

There was always a massive rumour going round that Harrison had mackem tendencies. And he used to get burgled when he was covering our away games.

I asked Alan Robson about this, and he said he hated Newcastle and Sunderland and was in fact a Barnsley fan.

There was always a massive rumour going round that Harrison had mackem tendencies. And he used to get burgled when he was covering our away games.

I asked Alan Robson about this, and he said he hated Newcastle and Sunderland and was in fact a Barnsley fan.

Did you wait long on the phone beforehand?

Did you wait long on the phone beforehand?

And did he whip out his whatsit?

Agree about both points. Harrison was a boring posh cunt, whereas when John Cairns the scotchman filled in he was excellent. After the match they used to do the highlights with the MetroSport theme tune in the background, and I remember when we drew 3-3 with Southampton, O'Neill came off the bench to get two in the last ten mins, and we were listening to it in the car going home, best commentary ever.

Aye Tames was Boro waved at the Boro fans that day we lost 4-1 at Ayresome and they clapped him. The thing is you're a football commentator, and 30000 fans sing that you're a wanker - you're not going to find them endearing are you. "Blustery arfternoon here on Tyneside and what a magnificent atmosphere here at SJP *BACKGROUND" RRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOGER TAMES IS A WANKER IS A WANKER".

Wood was a self confessed mackem, and the biggest mackem in the media is Jeff Brown, actually a really canny bloke too although he swears more than anyone I've ever met.

The jock who they've got doing the weather now. Fucking hell, it could be 30 degrees outside and he'll make you feel like ending it all. What a miserable bastard.

My missus's dad was emailing Pam Royle recently. The bloke has no internal censor for what is and isn't acceptable behaviour (smutty comments ahoy the first time he met my mam), so fuck knows what he's jamming Pam's inbox with.

There was no phone ins around when the Mackems got Swindons place in the 1st division by default after getting done through Lou Macari's betting against his own club. Anyway, some Newcastle fans, unable to contain their fury started phoning up Alan Robsons show to complain about it. I think the first one or two he reasoned with and tolerated their calls even though they were spoiling his show and getting in the way of him laughing at the suicidal/82 year olds/charvas who he usually spoke with. He 100% backed the decision to give it to Sunderland but after that anyone who phoned up was basically told to fuck off. He was seething his show was getting calls from football fans. I always mentioned it when he was acting like a twat and embarrassing us after Hall let him do the tannoy for a year. "Make some noiiise!" Fuck off, man!

Edited by Howmanheyman