What will happen this summer and January

LeazesMag

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll have been said before but surely where we finish/what we qualify for will determine what will happen in the next two windows.

Not really. I posted on this the other day, but unless you're a regular CL qualifier, you can't go treating it as fully disposable income, or else you soon find yourself bloating the wage bill against revenue that disappears the following year. I'd say it might make a small incremental difference - we might sign one more player if we qualify vs. if we don't.

What I reckon they will do - is budget for a worst case scenario with the earliest exit possible. Whatever extra revenue and income generated from that - if it equals another body in, we will probably do it.

Now, this is a very sensible approach - but its not an ambitious one.

Gemill I agree with you BUT surely the outcome of the forthcoming campaign can be influenced by which players you bring in to prepare for it.

In the end its a gamble, but then fotball is in general. You cant treat it as disposable income but at the same time strengthening the team may cause you to progress significantly further.

I see both sides of the arguement but one of them is from a business point of view and the other is from a fotballing point of view. Ideally the decision should be a blend of both, hopefully ashley wont only cover his back but also look at it as an opportunity to evolve as a club. Time will tell.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

EL is only worth about 4m to the club unless we get into the last 8.

Theres all the hidden value....

Sports direct advertising = Mike a happy bunny = More good stuff

More awareness of NUFC = More chance of getting players on board

I'm really not expecting much to be honest. Weighing the wage bill down with more high earners and missing out on Europe next season would be disastrous and its not something I think Ashley would take the risk on.

I expect a couple of defenders and probably some youngsters in other areas to come in with a few leaving. It just comes down to who leaves. If we get £20m+ offers for any of the starting XI they will probably be sold.

Theres all the hidden value....

Sports direct advertising = Mike a happy bunny = More good stuff

More awareness of NUFC = More chance of getting players on board

I think you're overestimating how much coverage the Europa League gets. There is very little value. That's not to say it wouldn't be good to be back in Europe it would be fantastic but its more of a competition for the fans of the particular clubs that are in it rather than the general public or for club owners.