What will happen this summer and January

LeazesMag

I think we will add the finishing touches giving us a solid squad to start next season with.

I think everyone (who we want to stay) wil stay bar Ba.

We will start next season even stronger and either win or just miss out on the title.

We will have a strong lead by Christmas and Pardew will hopefully see us home.

Marveaux will be orgasmic.

Ferguson ;) will be our super sub.

Mike Ashley will again swill lager in the local pubs.

We wont do anything in the January window as we will be fine.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our sudden spur of form coincided with the introduction of HBA to the side. We have seen it earlier during cameos, we instantly start to play it more on the ground.

I think its because of the confidence generated by having the best player in the team coming on and everyone knowing he wants it at his feet.

So I hope HBA stays

ok, since we came back up who has gone that we wanted to stay that there wasn't a clear reason for?

Carroll, money for the club and wanted to leave

Enrique, wanted to leave, 1 year left on contract

Barton, ideas above his station leading him to want to go

Nolan, same as barton

I've no problem with any of them

now compare Ba, HBA, Tiote, Cabaye, Krul and Colo

Colo got his new contract

Ba, may leave no argument from me

HBA, Tiote, Krul and Cabaye are all on long term deals, at the right age are happy being here and we'll be in europe next season playing at a level where they wont get better offers from any but the absolute top clubs, none of these are going for anything other than a ridiculous amount of money which, as we know, is the case for most players at most clubs.

honestly I don't reckon we'll lose anyone important except maybe Ba

hm, forgot to actually say what I reckon will happen

Ba to go (maybe)

Sign Verthongen (if we get CL) or Douglas (if not) and a left back (possibly pieters, maybe not) but most of our signings have come out of nowhere over the last 18 months so a Cb and Lb will do

1 center midfielder and a winger. young ish striker if Ba does go

I think we will add the finishing touches giving us a solid squad to start next season with. I think everyone (who we want to stay) wil stay bar Ba. We will start next season even stronger and either win or just miss out on the title. We will have a strong lead by Christmas and Pardew will hopefully see us home. Marveaux will be orgasmic. Ferguson ;) will be our super sub. Mike Ashley will again swill lager in the local pubs. We wont do anything in the January window as we will be fine.

500 mg Prozac tabs on a GP's perscription in Boldon this week I reckon ;)

If we had kept Enrique until the end of his contract I'd say there would have been a fair chance that he would have re-signed after the season we've had.

That said, that is a completely different reality and Enrique isn't scoring any of the Ryan Taylor goals...

'twas only 6m we got for him...

I think we'll lose Krul, Tiote and Ba.

We'll replace them, and one or two squad players will come in too.

Guthrie will leave too, but Simpson wont.

Champions League football wont change a lot, but Guthrie may stay for that....well, hed be fuckin stupid not to, put it that way.

Sorry if this has been covered before/elsewhere but can anyone explain what the exact impact of financial fair play will be on the game, or point me in the direction of somewhere I can find out? Does it simply mean teams can't spend beyond their turnover of does it cap what can be paid for players?

I know it doesn't kick in till the season after next btw.

Edited by angrysteve

Sorry if this has been covered before/elsewhere but can anyone explain what the exact impact of financial fair play will be on the game, or point me in the direction of somewhere I can find out? Does it simply mean teams can't spend beyond their turnover of does it cap what can be paid for players?

I know it doesn't kick in till the season after next btw.

Not sure about premierleague. But Im sure I read somewhere that in the championship owners can only put £6M max into the club each year.

I predict there will be less turnover of first team / bench players than last summer.

Smith, Lovenkrands, Xisco, Guthrie and Simpson are on the list of probably leavers. I think the lad from Reims is Guthrie's replacement and if Simpson does leave, its because a good replacement has come in. The first 3 leaving can be ignored for squad assessment purposes since none of them have a role. The players that come in and use up their wage bill will be younger and / or better.

For the high profile players there are lots of permutations, where we end up in the league, which EU competition we are in, the general market over the summer, the amount of cash other clubs have and the willingness of the players to stay. In all that its hard to predict exactly what will happen but i see the club wanting to keep hold of all the best players. I know Hatem will stay, Cabaye without doubt, i think the 2 players at risk are Ba and Tiote. In this scenario, it will be important not to panic, Tiote is a wonderful player but its not a highly technical role. Ba is interesting due to his lack of goals recently but has been excellent in that front 3. Both hard to replace but replaceable.

At the start of 12/13 I'd guess....

1. Coloccini/ S Taylor will be our first choice centre backs.
  2. Danny Simpson will be our first choice RB.
  3. Sports Direct will be the stadium sponsor.
  4. LM will not be happy with what has been spent.

At the start of 12/13 I'd guess....

1. Coloccini/ S Taylor will be our first choice centre backs.
  2. Danny Simpson will be our first choice RB.
  3. Sports Direct will be the stadium sponsor.
  4. LM will not be happy with what has been spent.

1. fits in well with Douglas not being available until the end of August .