Just when you think things are going well

ajax_andy

Ok slightly over dramatic title but anyone who frequents the photography forum will have seen the picture I took of British Superbike rider Peter Hickman. Well that pic was due to be printed as a limited edition print, signed by Peter and sold.

I would have made a bit of money (not loads), but mainly it would have been great publicity for me and maybe opened up a door or two that would have been great for my business.

Unfortunately though a week after I took it (i.e. today) Peter's been sacked by the team for defying team orders and riding in the World Superbikes for a rival team.

The pic that was going to really help kick start my photo business in a new area is now completely useless (imagine Rooney in an Everton shirt for example) and won't even see the light of day, let alone be sold at various tracks, shops and on-line.

Might not sound like much to some but this is a really disappointing moment for me and I am properly gutted!

Fucking hell, gutted for you mate. But, you never know whats around the corner. you might look back on this and think "just as well that happened else this might not have". Dust off, push on.

Fucking hell, gutted for you mate. But, you never know whats around the corner. you might look back on this and think "just as well that happened else this might not have". Dust off, push on.

Yeah cheers mate... just was a bit of a bolt out of the blue as was on twitter and saw someone had retweeted a new article about him having been sacked... just kind of hit me when I realised it was curtains for that pic.

I'm over it now (well kind of), hopefully he gets a permanent ride in the World Superbikes as he did really well and if people take notice of his performance he'll get a good ride and if I do a good pic then it'll be worth more and be even better.

Bad luck Andy.

This Hickman cunt clearly needs sending a strongly worded letter at the very least. ;)

Haha nah I don't blame him one bit tbh... he got the chance to ride in the top level of the sport, took it and did really well. Once in a life time opportunity for the guy.

I'll just have to hope he gets a ride with a big team off the back off it and then hope he lets me do some more pics :)

You'll bounce back, you're still relatively new don't forget! Take it as one of those almost moments and keep plugging away until you get another break.

Contact the bloke and tell him he owes you another photo opp. :P