The Remi Streete Thread

ADP

Same as MT's thread really, anyone seen him? If so, what's the crack?

Also, is he training with the first team squad this season? Seem to remember Pardew saying that it was a possibility a few months ago.

I know. Proper fail.

To be fair if he wasn't injured and didn't play as a centreback there'd be more excitement. I've heard a lot of praise for him too.

• 4 months later...

I learned last night that this lad is not only from Boldon, not only attended my old school but is also a South Tynesider STEVIEEEEEEEEEEEE! ;)

Seems to be getting really well talked up by all the local journos etc as a massive future star for us at CB.

Obviously only a kid yet, but when realistically should / can a kid centre back break through. Is it a position where really you need to be in your mid twentys or is it common to do it earlier?

I ask bearing in mind his inclusion at the squad at Arsenal.

Any one seen him play?

(And NO, He or this position is not my new fixation :lol:)

Callin' out around the world, are you ready for a brand new beat?

Summer's here and the time is right for dancin' REMI STREETE

Dancin' in Arsenal (dancin' REMI STREETE)

Down in Liverpool (dancin' REMI STREETE)

In Man City

All he needs is music, sweet music,

There'll be music everywhere

There'll be swingin' swayin', and records playin,

for Dancin' REMI STREETE

In Man City

for Dancin' REMI STREETE

Love. It.

In Man City

for Dancin' REMI STREETE

Excellent :lol:

Genuine question for you here CT, and I'd appreciate it if you gave a straight answer instead of either avoiding it or trying to put a spin of some kind on it.

Why have you all of a sudden stopped banging the Ferguson drum like you had done previously?

Genuine question for you here CT, and I'd appreciate it if you gave a straight answer instead of either avoiding it or trying to put a spin of some kind on it.

Why have you all of a sudden stopped banging the Ferguson drum like you had done previously?

I haven't really stopped banging it.

He got a little run from the bench and got 3 assists in a row. Pardew hasn't given him a run which lets be fair, all players need to either establish themselves or not.

That said my overriding grumbles this season (and previous seasons as you know), have been creativity on the left wing and an overall balanced team.

Since Marveaux has started we now look much more balanced and have looked creative on the left and right.

Obertan in particular did well against Arsenal and in general we have looked more fluid.

I'm not convinced of Ferguson as a left back and with Marveaux back, Obertan back and Cabaye, Anta and HBA all coming back Fegusons chances are going to be limited. We may even be entering a period where Jonas takes Fergusons position on the bench.

So much so that Pardew has said he may go out on loan this month.

I think that him and Sammy desperately need to go out on loan to the Championship for six months so they can get regular first team football. Unfortunately our powers that be haven't rectified our squad issues so we have relied on them to step in this season when both have shown that they are far from ready.

I think that him and Sammy desperately need to go out on loan to the Championship for six months so they can get regular first team football. Unfortunately our powers that be haven't rectified our squad issues so we have relied on them to step in this season when both have shown that they are far from ready.

Yup, I think they'd both benefit from a loan move in this window as their favoured position is well catered for presently.

Aye, agree.

We conceded 11 goals in 2 games. Balanced.

I ain't getting hung up on the Arsenal game as AP opened the flood gates with the subs and movement of personnel.

Up until then we played our best football of the season against them and Man U and either game could have gone our way but for poor defending.

That shouldn't take anything away from the fact that since Marveaux inclusion we have looked a more creative, fluid, balanced attacking side.

Hopefully the addition of Debuchy and a centre back will allow us to continue with such attacking aplomb but protect our own goal better.

I ain't getting hung up on the Arsenal game as AP opened the flood gates with the subs and movement of personnel.

Up until then we played our best football of the season against them and Man U and either game could have gone our way but for poor defending.

That shouldn't take anything away from the fact that since Marveaux inclusion we have looked a more creative, fluid, balanced attacking side.

Hopefully the addition of Debuchy and a centre back will allow us to continue with such attacking aplomb but protect our own goal better.

Ok, we conceded 8 in 2 games. ;)

I can't remember one of Arsenal's goals being defended properly. They didn't have to work for them and you can't blame Pardew as we really had no choice but to go for it as we weren't good enough to keep it at 3-3 besides a lot of it was down to Arsenal being the fresher team.