Shearer's next move...

ADP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearer should have taken a lower league club where his name would have afforded him a longer grace period than most and when he had only recently stopped playing, so that he could discover his own style without the unbelievable pressure he'd be under at a bigger club.

Now that that period has passed, he should steer well clear of managing imo.

On MotD, I often think he (and some of the others) are under strict instructions to play it a certain way. They occasionally let the mask slip, but you rarely see their personality. We've all seen clips of Hansen, of Shearer, of various guests having a laugh on other shows and Lineker is often funny on twitter etc. Step into that studio and suddenly it's all furrowed brows and serious talk. Not saying they'd be Oscar Wilde if the leash came off, but I don't believe it's a fair representation of any of their personalities.

I'd be pleased but not exstatic.

Bearing in mind Liverpool were winning cups left right and centre not so long ago, last season was hardly their finest hour, especially not considering how much they spent. They only scraped their LC win against a poor Cardiff side too, FFS.

I'd fucking love a season like that. I'd happily scrape a trophy win against lower league opposition, in fact a flukey unfair goal would do nicely. Maybe Ba diverting the ball with his hand onto Shola's arse and over the line. I'd also shell out for the DVD and any number of tacky mementoes.