Shearer's next move...

ADP

FF has just linked Shearer to Blackburn and he has said there has been no contact, but suggested that he may be interested. Has there been a lot of crack about this? I haven't heard anything but might just been out of the twitter loop. What are people's thought's on this possibility? And on Shearer's next move in general (other than the obvious one which is to get the fuck off the MOTD set as soon as possible)?

my 2 cents re Blackburn: Don't touch it with a bargepole Alan!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get the impression he'd make a good manager but you never know. The Blackburn job wouldn't be the worst option in their current state even with the Venkys. They've spent a lot of money over the summer and have a team that is easily good enough to win promotion. Suppose it depends on how much they interfere.

Don't get the impression he'd make a good manager but you never know. The Blackburn job wouldn't be the worst option in their current state even with the Venkys. They've spent a lot of money over the summer and have a team that is easily good enough to win promotion. Suppose it depends on how much they interfere.

If I were a self respecting manager, I wouldn't touch Blackburn with a barge pole as long as the Venky's are owners.

I mean, Kean did a really good job and look how poorly they treated him?!

In the right circumstances, I think the only job Alan Shearer would be happy doing (manager wise) is the Newcastle job. In time it could happen and I think he would love to have a real stab at it.

If I was him, I'd stick to punditry. You only have to look at Hansen and Lawrenson to know that the BBC gig is a job for life on a very good wage if you want it to be, and I'm assuming they're happy enough with the shite craic they get from Shearer every week.

The braindead patter he comes out with on the telly, you'd have to wonder if he's got a career as a manager in him tbh.

I still think he'll make a very good manager for someone, his time with us was tainted imo and shadowed by other shit going on at the club. He was used as a scapegoat after the damage had been done.

Yup. He managed what many Scousers say is their best ever team.

Out: Ginola, Ferdinand, Asprilla, Beardsley.

In: Hamilton, Tomasson, Pistone, Barnes, Rush, Andersson, Guivarch.

Paul. Dalglish.

Didn't Gullit win stuff with Chelsea too? Besides, I always remember the coaching associations banging on about how Shearer was top of their classes when he was taking the badges, plus he's played under some of the best managers so no reason to write him off just because he's a bit quiet or couldn't save us from relegation with eight games to go, a team that was more interested in taking the wages and an owner that was being a cock.

You not been watching Pendleton on Strictly, Johnson? Quality.

:lol: Nah I've just got back in. Been mixing it with the Rahs at the Blue Bell at Jesmond Vale all day.

I get the feeling that he'd be a fucking awful manager. No personality whatsoever.

Gullit

Shearer

Dalglesh

Maradonna

Being a brilliant player doesn't make you a manager.

Actually, the no personality he comes across with for the cameras is in stark contrast to the personality he had in the dressing room. Sometimes what you see, isn't actually all what you get.

He was fucking fabulous for us and Liverpool, eh?

Just the three league titles, two F.A cups, three league cups & four Charity shields.

Terrible for Liverpool aye. :lol:

Just the three league titles, two F.A cups, three league cups & four Charity shields.

Terrible for Liverpool aye. :lol:

Yeah, back in the days when sports nutrition consisted of fry ups, cigarettes and Guiness and tactics involved "Kick the cunt!" and "Hoof it into touch!".

Management had moved on a little bit since then, petal.