Should he stay or should he go?

loonyTOON

Should he stay or should he go?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't got a clue Tom- I tried asking that in the other thread and not one of them answered.

Anyone in the PL.

Pardew for me is at the bottom of the pile, so theres 19 options in the smelling salt shaker Im waving under your nose.

Yes. They play better fotball than us, with worse players.

They couldn't get the ball off us for 60 mins with 10 men ya daft cunt.

Better football than us :lol: they'd scored 6 goals in 10 games before they played Fulham.

Just out of interest who would the Pardew out lads have replace him?

Martinez would be a great choice. Although I can't see that happening due to the other jobs he has turned down. Tbh with you at the moment Pardew is our best option simply because you can't put faith in Ashley/Llambias to make the right decision.

Martinez would be a great choice. Although I can't see that happening due to the other jobs he has turned down. Tbh with you at the moment Pardew is our best option simply because you can't put faith in Ashley/Llambias to make the right decision.

Spot on.

When the premise is that we cant attract anyone and those we can Ashley/dekka will scare away - thats a very narrow entry for a sensible discussion.

I think many good managers would love to come here, but whether we will see any of them is another matter.

Martinez would be a great shout - I think Lambert would be a good shout too.

RM has worked wonders with Wigan, he'd be amazing with a half decent team. Plays proper football with a fluid tactical approach that would have the 442 OR 433 lads scratching their heads.

Never thought you'd be in the Pardew out brigade but fair play because you actually know what you're talking about.

What really baffles me is the fact that we have sat watching game after game after game - everyone moaning about how gash it is and that its unbelieveable how poorly we perform.

Match over, feet firmly sat on the table and laptop goes up - Pardew is the right man, we would be mental to sack him.

Im not gonna pass judgement because you are clearly all fans, as am I, but fuck me if the belief in who we are able to attract is so non-existent as to rejecting the notion that there is someone out there who would do a better job than our current manager.

15 minute phone-around would likely have 2-3 decent managers lining up to lead one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Pardew has achieved more than Lambert and Martinez in the game, when did they win manager of the season. Martinez in particular, last season Wigan had about 22 points from 28 games, that was his responsibility, yet they went on an unbelievable run producing almost championship form to stay up. Why was he unable to motivate the players to play at the level for the majority of the season? Lambert will be a top manager in my view, but till he's matched Pardew I don't know why he's a better manager. Make no mistake about it, NUFC are and should always be far bigger than Villa, but why would he come here in our present state? More chance of getting funds to do his job at Villa, where he wouldn't need or be forced to bum the manager every time he spends a million quid on a prospect.

What really baffles me is the fact that we have sat watching game after game after game - everyone moaning about how gash it is and that its unbelieveable how poorly we perform.

Match over, feet firmly sat on the table and laptop goes up - Pardew is the right man, we would be mental to sack him.

Im not gonna pass judgement because you are clearly all fans, as am I, but fuck me if the belief in who we are able to attract is so non-existent as to rejecting the notion that there is someone out there who would do a better job than our current manager.

15 minute phone-around would likely have 2-3 decent managers lining up to lead one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Does Ashley strike you as the type of man to pay up the contract of an opposing teams manager, as well as huge compensation to his club? Oh look! its not actually football manager out there, its real people and real money. Has it fuckin sunk in yet?....

Edited by PaddockLad

Stevie, can we let the manager of the season award rest please, its a new season and laurels being used over and over again eventually turn shit brown.

I like Pardew on a personal level, he seems like a agreeable person and I`d love nothing more than him having us play good fotball.

What differs Lambert and Martinez from Pardew is that they are not afraid of coaching proper on-the-ground stuff.

As for Martinez he is not tearing up the league no, but what is, is offering the occational champagne fotball on a beer budget. I`d love to see what he would get out of Ben Arfa and Cabaye, not to mention our senegalese best pals.

Does Ashley strike you as the type of man to pay up the contract of an opposing teams manager, as well as huge compensation to his club? Oh look! its not actually football manager out there, its real people and real money. Has it fuckin sunk in yet?....

I agree, but if you are to use that premise then we are stuck with pardew for the next thousand years even if we move down to the conference league.

Lesser clubs than us manage to hire decent managers, its a fair point to make.

I agree, but if you are to use that premise then we are stuck with pardew for the next thousand years even if we move down to the conference league.

Lesser clubs than us manage to hire decent managers, its a fair point to make.

Look at Stevie's post, Lambert is going to get more money to spend on his own players at Villa than Pardew is going to imposed on him from Ashley's transfer "comittee". You can tell a decent football side, well done.It appears you haven't got a clue about anything else to do with the game.

Martinez would be a great shout - I think Lambert would be a good shout too.

RM has worked wonders with Wigan, he'd be amazing with a half decent team. Plays proper football with a fluid tactical approach that would have the 442 OR 433 lads scratching their heads.

Never thought you'd be in the Pardew out brigade but fair play because you actually know what you're talking about.

I'm on the fence at the moment, but there are people out there. Others that come to mind are managers like Jol or Michael Laudrup. There are managers out there that would get more out of this team than Pardew is, but as I've said you can't trust those at the top to identify these people.

Pardew has achieved more than Lambert and Martinez in the game, when did they win manager of the season. Martinez in particular, last season Wigan had about 22 points from 28 games, that was his responsibility, yet they went on an unbelievable run producing almost championship form to stay up. Why was he unable to motivate the players to play at the level for the majority of the season? Lambert will be a top manager in my view, but till he's matched Pardew I don't know why he's a better manager. Make no mistake about it, NUFC are and should always be far bigger than Villa, but why would he come here in our present state? More chance of getting funds to do his job at Villa, where he wouldn't need or be forced to bum the manager every time he spends a million quid on a prospect.

Martinez has also never had the opportunity to work with players as good as Pardew did last season so it's a bit of a mute point. That's like saying David May was a better centre half than somebody like Woodgate because he won more trophies than he did.

Its the default reply whenever you compare him to promising managers working with 11 goslings.

We got fucking good players here and Ashley deserves credit for backing Carr identifying them.

That last phrase will go down well I suspect ;)

Edited by Lake Bells tits