Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Not sure average injury lengths are readily available. Got me wondering about total/average first team appearances in a squad, or outside the top 11 players in a squad though. To be continued....

Compared us with Everton. Just as a club that have consistently finished top half without investment.

11ty6it.jpg

So they have more experience, but it's even more attributable to their 11 players with most appearances under their belt than ours is. Outside of those first 11, our back up players have more experience...and we have more of them too.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure average injury lengths are readily available. Got me wondering about total/average first team appearances in a squad, or outside the top 11 players in a squad though. To be continued....

Good idea, you could then apply it to various key players in our first 11 and outside the 11, their average appearances last year, in 11/12 and then make some sort of judgement over performance based on expected appearances this year. This has legs....

Good idea, you could then apply it to various key players in our first 11 and outside the 11, their average appearances last year, in 11/12 and then make some sort of judgement over performance based on expected appearances this year. This has legs....

THIS IS YOUR ARTICLE, HF!!

What period does that data cover HF? 157 games per player?

I've totalled all career appearances in first teams anywhere in the world....

For context....

NUFC

Colo 385 Jonas 371 Shola 294 Cisse 282 Gouffran 273 Williamson 267 Cabaye 251 Debuchy 250 R Taylor 234 Sissoko 207 Mbiwa 203 S Taylor 192 Ben Arfa 179 Remy 173 Tiote 163 Elliot 146 Anita 132 Marveaux 132 Krul 120 Obertan 120 Santon 108 Amalfitano 80 Gosling 60 Haidara 50 Tavernier 45 Dummet 41 Bigirimana 39 Sammy 30 Good 28 Vuckic 16 Campbell 4

EFC

Distin 532 Jagielka 436 Howard 413 Baines 347 Osman 316 Pienaar 309 Kone 296 Heitinga 294 Hibbert 259 Alcaraz 248 Naismith 233 Jelavic 227 Mirallas 211 Fellaini 205 Coleman 148 Anichebe 131 Gibson 117 Deulofeu 71 Oviedo 66 Gueye 58 Robles 51 Vellios 44 Garbutt 34 Barkley 33 Stones 24 Duffy 24 Kennedy 14 Lundstram 14 McAleny 9

We have very similar wage bills too. Our most recent wage bill was £64.1m. Everton was £63.4m.

You need to determine the best 11 for the club, otherwise you dont count the impact of injury on the first 11. If Ben Arfa is injured all season and Obertan plays all 38 games, Obertan looks like a first 11 player by ranking which is not the case. This is quite hard for fans of other clubs, but even for a fan there might be a disagreement and it may depend on opposition.

You then count the number of (premier league) appearances of the best 11s of the clubs. As you are counting for the 'best 11s' it doesnt matter if you use total or average as the denominator is the same.

Anyone watching the feed from Real Madrid? I'm surprised how many people have turned out to see Bale's reveal. There are thousands!

Edited by The Fish

Anyone watching the fee from Real Madrid? I'm surprised how many people have turned out to see Bale's reveal. There are thousands!

About 20,000 fans here for £300k/week Bale. Surprising on a working Monday? This is Spain remember. Youth unemployment 56%

You need to determine the best 11 for the club, otherwise you dont count the impact of injury on the first 11. If Ben Arfa is injured all season and Obertan plays all 38 games, Obertan looks like a first 11 player by ranking which is not the case. This is quite hard for fans of other clubs, but even for a fan there might be a disagreement and it may depend on opposition.

You then count the number of (premier league) appearances of the best 11s of the clubs. As you are counting for the 'best 11s' it doesnt matter if you use total or average as the denominator is the same.

Get your abacus out then ;)

For all I think the Transfer Window system is a bad thing, it does keep you interested.

I can't remember the last time we had a good last day of the window though.

James Pearce @Pearcesport

I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve" #moodchanger

259 Retweets 20 favorites

Utterly unprofessional if true.

Utterly unsurprising if true.

One coming in tonight. No idea who it is....Ideally an attacking mf or a striker. Toes crossed. :)

Dont know which part of "we've bought a couple of signings from the summer forward" you didnt understand in January tbh ;)

Ashley has basically said "this is how we're doing it, suck it up or fuck off". 46k there on Saturday, 2k down on the previous weekend. He'll soon reap what he's sown. Then we could well be stuck with the cunt.

One mention of us on the BBC's live coverage so far, and it's to say Gomis isn't coming, which I think we all already knew.

We've never really been in for anyone, have we? It's all been bullshit. Cue an eleventh hour bid for McCarthy (or Ozil, both are equally realistic in terms of we're not signing either.)