Explosions at the finishing line of Boston marathon

catmag

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not?.

Do you know anything about North Korea? They are a sabre rattling non-entity. They would be obliterated for any attack. If they did attack, as poor as their armoury is, they could still do better then this.

In my view it is a lone individual or a small cell. Just about every 'Muslim' attack on US soil in the past 5 years has been FBI sponsored and intercepted so I'm not inclined to think its any political or religious group in particular.

Yeah but thems brown folk so it'll be on page 32 in the paper, if they're lucky.

I don't want that to come across as a sarky comment. Obviously a terrorist attack in the US is more newsworthy.

These events always act as reminders that victims of this violence world wide all deserve our thoughts.

This is all very surreal - I know Boston pretty well after spending a month there with family before I went to Uni. Been in touch with family there in the last hour and they're being told of 2 friends with injuries but not apparently serious.

How does a bloke move through a massive crowd, dropping multiple backpacks off in bins and nobody notices?

Because it does involve a massive crowd? They don't look like massive explosions so the packages could well have been reasonably inconspicuous. Though planting a bomb in a bin is already going to dampen any explosion, thankfully.

How does a bloke move through a massive crowd, dropping multiple backpacks off in bins and nobody notices?

There's only been 2 devices within walking distance of each other so far hasn't there?

Has the 3rd device been confirmed as anything more than a suspect package?

The Police Commissioner has confirmed a third explosion, plus the controlled explosion on a suspicious package.

There's only been 2 devices within walking distance of each other so far hasn't there?

Police commissioner bloke has said there appears to be several bags or packages that look to have been dropped around the city which are all now being treated as suspicious. Another explosion (Not a controlled one) has happened at JFK library and one controlled explosion at the Lennox hotel (I think)

Police commissioner bloke has said there appears to be several bags or packages that look to have been dropped around the city which are all now being treated as suspicious. Another explosion (Not a controlled one) has happened at JFK library and one controlled explosion at the Lennox hotel (I think)

Yeah. He said every bag in the city is being treated as suspect. Not that there's bags with bombs in all around the city.

Hard to believe there's only been 2 fatalities though considering the density of people in the area and the fact that one of the bombs went off on the pavement.

from new york post

http://www.nypost.co...29uC2PDGIjYBalO

apparently have a suspect

Boston Police: No Arrests Have Been Made In Marathon Bombing

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/boston-police-no-arrests-have-been-made-in

It's these stories in the initial few hours that will stick in the conscience.

There'll be hawks in the US desperate to twist this towards an attack on Iran.

Just realised one of the lasses I kept in touch with from the states was running the marathon today. She had been giving running updates of her progress during the race in Instagram. Her last post was 3 hours ago. Probably down to the restricted cell service though, I don't think any runners were injured