The Xbox One

Andrew

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not daft at all, I'm surprised this has to be emphasized, especially this week.

A built-in networked camera in the living room in a gaming machine is completely nuts and totally unnecessary, even before Prismgate.

The real kicker for MS is that this probably represents a significant part of the additional £80 - which may mean nothing to you but will be ample reason for many.

Hoist by their own petard here I think, PS4 to win this round.

Edit - in fact I wonder how committed MS are along the manufacturing process, I would not be surprised to see the camera pulled in the base model.

Edited by trophyshy

So irrespective of the 23% price difference, not the 5% you allude to with your car analogy, the main thrust of your argument is;

I don't want a camera in my living room - you say I should still pay for it and turn it off

I don't want to spend £80 on something that I don't want - you say I should not be considering buying a games machine for circa £400.

In the face of such majestic logic I think I'll just get a PS4 thanks Ant. ;)

I simply don't like the concept, nothing anyone says will alter that, no matter how many examples they invent. ;)

I'll invent an example. Imagine there are two birds, they've both got the same size tits and are equally pulchritudinous. I know one of them is better at blow jobs but she's also known for being a bit of a runaround. Let's call her Lucy and the less gifted one Mary.

Even though she claims otherwise, I know it's possible Lucy will cheat on me but I'll still be tempted by her because of the high standard of fellatio. Maybe I can encourage the shitty blow job bird, sorry Mary, to be lift her game a bit, who knows? What am I in it for, what's my long term investment? Would I be better off just visiting a prostitute once a week and having a deep and meaningful with my sister's best mate? She's called Verity, but she's not much to look at tbh.

Am I going to risk syphilis from the tart Lucy all for the sake of a better weekly nosh? Do I try and keep her in the house so she can't cheat on me even though I'm taking a greater risk for the better sex? Shall I tape her mouth up when she leaves the house? I mean, for the sake of 5 minutes trouble a day I'm getting much better oral sex after all. It was what I wanted, and I went into it with both eyes open.

So I go with Mary and she is good for a while, but the lollipop work remains lacking and I keep thinking about Lucy. In time I hear that Lucy is single and has remained single ever since I spurned her, even though she's got all the best releases, I mean blow jobs. So one drunken night I find myself on eBay ordering a Lucy bundle and I start seeing her on the side, and what do we learn - that the blow jobs are no fucking better after all.

So I have invested in both these chicks, one of them who may be cheating on me but in the end there is no discernible difference between the two, they're both shit at blow jobs and I'm almost hoping they are cheating on me so I can dump them. They can fuck each other for all I care, I've ordered an Oculus Rift anyway.

Is it worth it? Really?

Edited by trophyshy

I'm still going for Xbox One even if it is more expensive. I feel I know what I get with Microsoft and with Sony, and after the PS3 I won't be going back down that road.

People around the net are making big dramas about this constant Internet connection requirement for the Xbox One but seriously it's 2013 who doesn't have some form of connection!?!?

Destiny, Titanfall and The Division all look quality.

Plus, I'm still cautious about the security of Sony's data handling.

Destiny, Titanfall and The Division all look quality.

Plus, I'm still cautious about the security of Sony's data handling.

Destiny was shown during sonys conference and titanfall isn't necessarily a xbone exclusive according to the developer

Would you buy a kinect though?

Destiny was shown during sonys conference and titanfall isn't necessarily a xbone exclusive according to the developer

I don't know, but I don't object to paying a little bit more to have one come as part of the bundle. If it means I'm closer to living in Tony Stark's house, I'm all for it.

That's fine, but as they're both available on the Xbox and I've more confidence in their data security, I'm not sure of your point.

One thing I have noticed is that Playstation users are more vociferous in their support of a console. I'll happily own a Playstation, and an Xbox, and a Wii, etc. But the Sony Playstationeers seem to be in a monogamous relationship with their box of tricks.

I've yet to see an Xbox version of DEADMAN. ;)

My brother won't even consider a PS4 because 'who the hell gets them and not an Xbox', I've always preferred Xboxs but have switched but he has no time to listen to reason for why he should switch (as everyone else with an Xbox i know is doing.) trust me, they're both as bad on both sides.

Yeah I know but its somebody else getting a car without test driving it. :lol:

For me there was no competition anyway unless the Xbox had a massive shake up and was vastly different but it seems to have gone down hill. There just wasn't any interest in changing.