Andrew

The Xbox One

Yeah, what it's saying is, you can't keep playing on it for a week straight without letting it hit the internet .

ie if you go on to play and it can see the net that's you golden for 24hrs even if your router explodes it'll say thats ok you don't need internet your authenticated...

if you want to be an awkward fucker and fight the man and pulled your internet out of the xbox and try to game like that, after 24 hrs it'll say "i need to authenticate again" soon as you do it'll let you play again.

It's the equivalent of a website letting you stay log in and saving you logged in for 24hrs, but then when you go back 1day or 2 weeks later it asks you to login again before it lets you resume what you were doing.

Yeah, what it's saying is, you can't keep playing on it for a week straight without letting it hit the internet .

ie if you go on to play and it can see the net that's you golden for 24hrs even if your router explodes it'll say thats ok you don't need internet your authenticated...

if you want to be an awkward fucker and fight the man and pulled your internet out of the xbox and try to game like that, after 24 hrs it'll say "i need to authenticate again" soon as you do it'll let you play again.

it's not "making you" go on everyday, it's just saying after 24hrs if i've not had an internet connection...the next time you try to play something i'll need one to login and then we're good.

Gotcha.

I can see the bone of contention like.

I don't like that it's going this way with music too. I buy an album. I pay once and it's mine forever. I can listen anytime anywhere. I pay for a month of spotify and I own nothing. Next month I have to pay again to listen to what I paid for last month... and that's never ending. You aren't building a music library of your own you're constantly borrowing.

I understand that they aren't necessarily doing the spotify model with games yet. But it's not inconceivable that people want to save some money and they cancel the broadband thinking they can make do with access from work.... they should still be able to play games they have paid for.

Yeah that's where i agree, but that's why i'm not going nuts about it all until the model is actually out as i don't think it's all going to be as bad as the doom and gloom lot are making out

(like i said it's all like the world is going to end and most of the stuff they're giving off about is thing's they currently allow to happen anyway)

I understand what you mean about canceling the net to save a bit of cash but say they have the lowest of the low shite broadband or mobile internet a £5 a month, that covers them for the logging on and what not, and if saving a £5pm/60py is a big thing and they're that strapped for cash, a £400 games machine with games at £40-50 a touch is probably out of their range.

All I want to know is; will this reduce the number of teenage Norwegians that are oh so much better at Call of Duty than me, so as to make online games an exercise in futility and frustration?

Probably not, i think you're just a bit shite :P

think 2bias was the only one on here who even tried to have a game against me on fifa and all :huff:

Probably not, i think you're just a bit shite :P

think 2bias was the only one on here who even tried to have a game against me on fifa and all :huff:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that I'm shit at things like CoD and FIFA, anything that requires alacrity of response and coordination. However, I'd kick your ass at Football Manager or a God game like Civ. :razz:

400 was always going be the number esp with that kinect stuff being mandatory and it being blu-ray now.

400 for the ps4 as well now doubt, least the 360 wasn't 400 first time round, if you were a ps3 owner at the start and got hit with that then and this now..ouch

the biggest pain is it being $479 , talk about being bent over by import duty

Some impressive looking stuff like. BF4, Forza, Witcher 3 especially. Price tag still hefty. I know a lot complaining about the always on thing and the trade in, but unless the PS4 lives up to the quality of games it wont be a contest. That said, if it does, and it has the price advantage and doesnt have the issues it could swing back to sony I reckon.

Aye, xbox seems to have a lot more big hitters with the exclusive content, dead rising etc.

only one on the ps i can think of them bringing out that i'd miss playing would be a new god of war

I think the price is reasonable considering the price of the xbox 360 when it came out. The price will be due to the blu ray, and the spec upgrades. The last xbox had 512mb ram, this has 8GB. Plus top graphics card and what have you. The potential is there. The connecting to the Internet thing doesn't bother me.

Also heard that if you can buy a pre owned game then to actually install it and play it on that console there may be a one off fee of £15. Heard that a few weeks back.

Why would anyone want a camera in the room watching them is beyond me, unless you're paid by the minute.

Aye seriously. That can fuck right off.

Wonder when we'll see the first domestic crime solved by Xbox One.

Aye seriously. That can fuck right off.

Wonder when we'll see the first domestic crime solved by Xbox One.

Imagine what they'll have you doing in the next gen LA Noire, a six hour stakeout sat on your fucking sofa.

indeed, but using it as a reason for why it's bad is as daft as people complaining about network issues and then going for a PS4

(sony stored payment and other details in plain text, let them get accessed by someone who then then leaked them to the internet and the PSN was out of action for weeks.. 77million users in fact and one of the biggest data thefts in history, cost them something like £150m quid due to the fuck up :lol:)

Dunno why i'm defending the xbox mind, i couldn't give two shites what people buy but the reasoning behind some of it is just silly

I'd like the option to buy a kinnect because the current one is shit and I'm not convinced it'll ever be anything other than gimmicky.

It's the video game equivalent of 3D at the cinema.

It's not daft at all, I'm surprised this has to be emphasized, especially this week.

A built-in networked camera in the living room in a gaming machine is completely nuts and totally unnecessary, even before Prismgate.

The real kicker for MS is that this probably represents a significant part of the additional £80 - which may mean nothing to you but will be ample reason for many.

Hoist by their own petard here I think, PS4 to win this round.

Edit - in fact I wonder how committed MS are along the manufacturing process, I would not be surprised to see the camera pulled in the base model.

Edited by trophyshy

I'd like the option to buy a kinnect because the current one is shit and I'm not convinced it'll ever be anything other than gimmicky.

It's the video game equivalent of 3D at the cinema.

See that's the angle i agree with, especially for small areas, the kinect can't handle smaller rooms or if you're tv is recessed into something so to force it onto people if it's not up to scatch is much better.

It's not daft at all, I'm surprised this has to be emphasized, especially this week.

A built-in networked camera in the living room in a gaming machine is completely nuts and totally unnecessary, even before Prismgate.

The real kicker for MS is that this probably represents a significant part of the additional £80 - which may mean nothing to you but will be ample reason for many.

Hoist by their own petard here I think, PS4 to win this round.

Edit - in fact I wonder how committed MS are along the manufacturing process, I would not be surprised to see the camera pulled in the base model.

You're right £80 extra over the life of the system (spread over 3 years probably more) does mean nothing to me, and if it means something to the people buying it then they shouldn't be anywhere near buying a £350-400 gaming console, it's like spending 20k looking at an expensive car and debating over £1000, if you're spending that much and worried about 1/20th of the cost when choosing between two, then you should probably be aiming at something 4k cheaper.

a built in networked camera in the living room which can be turned off. You have a laptop, an iPad? a smart phone? because they've all had built in networked cameras for years and the vast majority of them especially concerning the phones are permanently connected to something whether it's the cellular network, cellular data/hotspots or home wifi and follow you everywhere you go, god help the lad watching ct in the bath playing angry birds.

Did anyone actually think that prisimgate stuff was some mad revelation like? or just go "aha! i knew it!"

for me it's coming down to one thing really, i want a decent gaming system and the games to match it, couldn't careless about the "connection" thing as my xbox has a cable hoofed into the back of it non stop, don't give a toss about it being £70 more expensive, games are going be £40-50 anyway for either machine so i'm going get bent over by that, and thats basically the cost of me out for one night which is a much worse way of pissing money away.

which ever one has the best ui and the best games coming out will get my money, i hate the PS3's ui so if it's like that again it's already negative marks, xbox seems to have better content coming out and quicker, same for the "downloadable games" sony's service same isn't even going to be launched till 2014 same with some of the demo'd titles.

Dead Rising 3 looks immense, i loved the first two, this one looks a little more serious though which might be a bit of an change, Ryse looks spectacular, a new Thief game, i'll prob go down and buy one of the two systems at release time, but going make sure i'm happy with em before i do.

Bought a PS3 first last time and ended up getting the xbox a year later, funny like i was always a pc gamer but not i just never bother...keeping one of those upto date puts the cost of a PS4/XBox to shame, i had a graphics card that was worth more than the xbox one by itself .

So irrespective of the 23% price difference, not the 5% you allude to with your car analogy, the main thrust of your argument is;

I don't want a camera in my living room - you say I should still pay for it and turn it off

I don't want to spend £80 on something that I don't want - you say I should not be considering buying a games machine for circa £400.

In the face of such majestic logic I think I'll just get a PS4 thanks Ant. ;)

i think it's alright to take it as a different percentage in that analogy, otherwise we'd be getting into the realms of would you quibble over paying £1.25 vs £1 for something? doubtful.

Don't think you're getting my point, No I'm not saying you should pay for it, if you don't like it don't buy it, that's how it works i'm not trying to convince you, buy the machine you like.

What i'm saying is people whinging about a feature which you can disable is daft, there is a difference between that and not wanting to pay £80 extra for it and buying a different console solely because it's a bit cheaper, as that's a horrible way to buy any electronics, you wouldn't do it like that for a tv or a laptop.

eg, i'm looking at two tv's one has freeview and one has freeview hd and is £70 more expensive,

i'll probably never watch freeview hd or use it , asides from that both are a similar spec, i kinda prefer the ui/look of the more expensive tv, and the "smart" channels it comes with.

Over the course of using the tv for a number of years, would i rather have saved £70 and had something similar, or took the one with the extra feature i'll never use but got the rest of the features i liked a bit better.

Fact is a majority of people are going mental just because they'd rather have the xbox/live network and treating the releases like it's should be an even choice because they're the machines that are in competition with each other.

Different machines with different features and addons one may or may not end up working out cheaper than the other... if someone is going mental because £429 is too expensive and "settles" for the ps4 just because it's cheaper, then spends their time bitching about things one has that the other doesn't then they're a mug.

If you're buying a £350-420 machine to play games on for the next 3-4 years, using games which will cost you £40-50 a touch and £40 a year subscription, and a difference in price of a game or two is stopping you getting the system that you want... then wait till it drops in price or bite the bullet and pay the extra.

All of this is irrelevant till they come out at any rate, both/one or the other could end up being a whole heap of shite and no matter the cost you wouldn't touch it :lol: