Bastard Barclays

Smooth Operator

I've got a current account with Barclays with an Overdraft of £700.

Now me and wor lass have a different joint accoount at Lloyds so all I do with my Barclays account is put money into it every month to cover existing loans and that that come out of it, I forgot over the xmas period to do this and I went over my £700 limit, now this is ok if I dont go 5 pound over the 700 but I went overdrawn to the tune of £705.30 and as a result incurred a charge of £25 for everyday it's over £705, which fortunately was only 1 day but fuck me, 30p over and it's cost me £25!

I could crush a grape!

Annoying isn't it.

I incurred a £20 charge on my Sky credit card because I forgot I used it to buy a Crimbo pressie and, for some strange reason, didn't bother opening my mail for a couple of weeks. By the time I opened my statement they'd already slapped the £20 fee on my account. :)

Abbey national have had my pants down a few times on the same charge, bastards. They gave me a mortgage but wouldn't give me an overdraft, explain that one.

78095[/snapback]

With a mortgage against the property they become a secured creditor. The money they loan you is secured against the value of the property and as such if you default they could sell (their) house to realise the debt you owe them.

With an overdraft there is no such security. They would be unsecure creditors (meaning they could not force you to sell anything) and clearly they dont see you as capable of paying off a debt without this option.

:)

Barclays have failed to pay a Standing Order I set up with them for 3 of the 6 months I've had it. I wouldn't mind so much but it's my fucking rent. It's supposed to be paid on the 1st but on 3 occasions I've had to go to the bank who've told me it's 'reset itself to the 5th for some reason, we can't apologise enough.' Technology eh? It's the future.

Abbey national have had my pants down a few times on the same charge, bastards. They gave me a mortgage but wouldn't give me an overdraft, explain that one.

78095[/snapback]

I heard they checked your credit, but you came up a little short.

78095[/snapback]

I heard they checked your credit, but you came up a little short.

78121[/snapback]

Took me a while but:

78095[/snapback]

With a mortgage against the property they become a secured creditor. The money they loan you is secured against the value of the property and as such if you default they could sell (their) house to realise the debt you owe them.

With an overdraft there is no such security. They would be unsecure creditors (meaning they could not force you to sell anything) and clearly they dont see you as capable of paying off a debt without this option.

78101[/snapback]

You somekind of lawyer or something?

78095[/snapback]

78101[/snapback]

78126[/snapback]

In the loosest sense of the word. :)

78095[/snapback]

78101[/snapback]

78126[/snapback]

Having met him, just think 'Lionel Hutz' from the Simpsons.

78095[/snapback]

78101[/snapback]

78126[/snapback]

Having met him, just think 'Lionel Hutz' from the Simpsons.

78134[/snapback]

Don't watch it, it collides with wor lasses bairns cartoon time!

I was thinking more like Sean Penn in Carlito's Way? Jumped up prick too big for his boots with illusions of granduer! :)

I was thinking more like Sean Penn in Carlito's Way? Jumped up prick too big for his boots with illusions of granduer!  :)

78137[/snapback]

Not far off, same hair.

I was thinking more like Sean Penn in Carlito's Way? Jumped up prick too big for his boots with illusions of granduer!  :)

78137[/snapback]

Not far off, same hair.

78138[/snapback]

Fucking muppet!