Words/Phrases we didn't use ten years ago.

Scottish Mag

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality TV Bollocks

As for the Big Brother, Hmmm George Orwell? 1984?

7011[/snapback]

Ah yes "1984" - a police state where the workers spent all their time watching rubbish on the flat screen in every room of the house, getting pissed or playing the lottery (in which no one ever seemed to win the main prize)

The newspapers rewrote the truth and history when instructed by the senior management

poeple were kept in place by fear of a strange foreign figure who was a "threat" to everyone

Bombs would go off at random

Naaa............... it could never happen........................... ;)B):second:

Reality TV Bollocks

As for the Big Brother, Hmmm George Orwell? 1984?

7011[/snapback]

Ah yes "1984" - a police state where the workers spent all their time watching rubbish on the flat screen in every room of the house, getting pissed or playing the lottery (in which no one ever seemed to win the main prize)

The newspapers rewrote the truth and history when instructed by the senior management

poeple were kept in place by fear of a strange foreign figure who was a "threat" to everyone

Bombs would go off at random

Naaa............... it could never happen........................... ;)B):second:

7745[/snapback]

Just had an idea, make a film called 2024...

a semi muslim state where half the population hardly dare to go out at night for fear of the human rights brigade protesting that it would offend muslims to drink.

Half the female population walk around with their faces covered, while Downing Street is constantly lobbied by the muslim community and human rights brigade

to force the rest in the interests of multi racial harmony and relations.

Bombs continue to go off at the rate of one a day in the big cities but do gooders insist there is no need to panic.

Nah, it'll never happen, right !

a semi muslim state where half the population hardly dare to go out at night for fear of the human rights brigade protesting that it would offend muslims to drink.

Half the female population walk around with their faces covered, while Downing Street is constantly lobbied by the muslim community and human rights brigade

Bombs continue to go off at the rate of one a day in the big cities but do gooders insist there is no need to panic.

7761[/snapback]

Correct.

7761[/snapback]

Correct.

7762[/snapback]

point not taken. Who told you that ?

Edited by LeazesMag

7761[/snapback]

Correct.

7762[/snapback]

point not taken

7764[/snapback]

So, you genuinely believe that'll happen do you?

7761[/snapback]

Correct.

7762[/snapback]

point not taken

7764[/snapback]

So, you genuinely believe that'll happen do you?

7765[/snapback]

who told you it wouldn't ? And where do you think it will suddenly stop ?

Who told you it would, the BNP?

7770[/snapback]

who told you it wouldn't, the muslim council ? Typical response of a do gooder actually. It's the same weak response that left wingers etc used to give when quizzed about western capitalism and Russia occupying the whole of eastern europe ie they just called the west warmongers !

Find it amazing that you think it is suddenly going to hit a brick wall or something ?

Why ? How ? An attack of social conscience perhaps ? The sudden desire to integrate ? Odd. What I'm saying Alex is I don't have an answer to a problem which is growing because I can't see where it will suddenly stop, obviously you do so what is it ?

Edited by LeazesMag

7770[/snapback]

who told you it wouldn't, the muslim council ? Typical response of a do gooder actually. It's the same weak response that commies used to give when quizzed about western capitalism ie warmongers !

Find it amazing that you think it is suddenly going to hit a brick wall or something ?

Why ? How ? An attack of social conscience perhaps ? The sudden desire to integrate ? Odd. What I'm saying Alex is I don't have an answer to a problem which is growing because I can't see where it will suddenly stop, obviously you do so what is it ?

7774[/snapback]

Do-gooder? That isn't a typical response though is it? I don't think this country is about to turn into the one you envisage. I do however have concerns about Muslim extremism. If your argument is so strong, why resort to the ridiculous argument that something is going to happen because we haven't been told it won't. What's all that about? Also, don't put words into my mouth, I don't do it to you.

Could someone define what s 'do-gooder' is please, just to check if I am one or not. Ta.

7784[/snapback]

A sandalista. ;)

7796[/snapback]

Which is what then? Someone define a do-gooder man, it'll help me understand better.

britain now the 51st state under the rule of an American lunatic called Gov. Rehhagel supported by the Witchfinder Leazes

britian is now a pure white state as "anyone of colour" was deported in 2006

No public transport, no doctors

Plague has broken out as the hospitals are closed and there is no-one to clean the streets

Starvation is common as every convenience store and restaurant has closed

Carlisle are top of the league as the other teams try to come to terms with the fact they can only sign Scots

Death penalty reintroduced and 80 people a week hanged in public or flogged to death for dropping litter, not paying the Community Charge and "cheeking the police"

G Souness still manager at NUFC

Could someone define what s 'do-gooder' is please, just to check if I am one or not. Ta.

7784[/snapback]

A sandalista. ;)

7796[/snapback]

I LIKE that............................ B):second:;);):P

7784[/snapback]

A sandalista. B)

7796[/snapback]

Which is what then? Someone define a do-gooder man, it'll help me understand better.

7799[/snapback]

I thought you posted on the SMB. ;)

I thought you posted on the SMB.  ;)

7809[/snapback]

I do, but I've always wondered what constitutes a 'do-gooder'. They use the word on there to take the piss now, but it's still thrown around a canny bit. So I'm wondering how you become a 'do-gooder.'

I thought you posted on the SMB.  B)

7809[/snapback]

I do, but I've always wondered what constitutes a 'do-gooder'. They use the word on there to take the piss now, but it's still thrown around a canny bit. So I'm wondering how you become a 'do-gooder.'

7810[/snapback]

By doing good, I'm guessing. ;)

So not only can they not read, not write, not speak and not behave but they don't make any sense either..........................

I blame the fall in organised religion mesel................. ;)B)

7770[/snapback]

who told you it wouldn't, the muslim council ? Typical response of a do gooder actually. It's the same weak response that commies used to give when quizzed about western capitalism ie warmongers !

7774[/snapback]

Do-gooder? That isn't a typical response though is it? I don't think this country is about to turn into the one you envisage. I do however have concerns about Muslim extremism. If your argument is so strong, why resort to the ridiculous argument that something is going to happen because we haven't been told it won't. What's all that about? Also, don't put words into my mouth, I don't do it to you.

7777[/snapback]

Hmmm, what was "BNP" then ? I don't think "do-gooder" is a typical response it's a genuine and accurate description of someone who has appeasing tendencies in the scenario we are discussing here. If you really have concerns about Muslim extremism, you must surely see my point, and the way the UK has changed in the last 20 years, as Rob points out [however light hearted a manner, his points are essentially correct]. So who can say how it will be in 20 years time ? My point is that this situation will be more serious if it is allowed to become so, and how can you argue differently ?

You've changed your point though Leazes, you were on about a scenario in the future I couldn't realistically see happening. I believe the vast majority of Muslims in this country would be opposed to it, as well as every non-Muslim. That's what I arguing against. I accept some of your other points and I hope that the recent atrocities in this country will make people realise that extremism cannot go unchecked and that greater efforts must be made at intergrating communities. The use of 'do-gooder' for anyone who disagrees with you though is a lazy, meaningless term in my opinion. Also, I wasn't suggesting you were a BNP supporter, sorry if you thought I was.