Would you eat a lab grown hamburger?

Park Life

The anecdote my Turkish colleague tells about the flat warming party he had in Zurich where the neighbours came to the party, left at 10pm sharp and then called the police to complain about the noise sums them up. :lol:

:lol: I had heard rumours they were like that, but jesus wept

Edited by to dumb

I have cultivated a very amicable relationship with my local butcher, he's a really nice guy as we've been going there for a while now, he always spends 10 minutes chatting if the shop is quiet. He discusses his farmers, who he buys from and the quality etc. Nowadays, when its just me popping in for a bit of steak for lunch, he goes through the back and gets pieces of the hook which he keeps for himself. He knows how much i love a good piece of beef.

Unless the beef is of this sort of quality, i would rather eat vegetables. I was in a restaurant in Switzerland not so long ago and i ordered the burger. The price was around 25 francs (nearly 20 quid) so as he walks off i said, er excuse me arent you going to ask me how i want it cooked? As in rare, medium etc. He said 'its not that type of burger' and so i said 'you mean its frozen'...er.....yes. Got up and walked out looking at him like he had literally taken a shit on the table in front of me.

You could've just ordered something else? :unsure2:

Food in Switzerland is shite, its one of my main objections to moving there. Plus the fact its full of cunts.

The Italian part has some decent food, especially if you can find the kind of restaurant where there's no menu and Mama just churns out several courses from the kitchen for a tenner and you either eat what's served or you leave hungry. That's how dining should be in that part of the world. The ridiculous contradiction when it comes to Switzerland is that within the very same country, half an hour's flight away, you get the stick-up-the-arse Germanic types who think £16 is a reasonable price for a bowl of minestrone soup.

I thought you were a foodie? You'd honestly hand over money to an establishment that serves frozen burgers for 20 quid?

Rest of the menu may have been decent!

Restauranters are a funny breed - I worked a few jobs for a woman who runs a catering company where she'd serve frozen burgers (albeit ones from a local butcher) and in the same service, sirloin steak. I did ask if she wanted me to make some burgers from scratch but it was lost on her.

£20+ for a burger is ridiculous end of, let alone a frozen one though. :lol: