United creeping close to danger

Scottish Mag

I think Oliver is slowly accepting the fact that most of us are dreading but, if we're totally honest, is likely to happen....

Souness will still be manager until the summer ;)

80068[/snapback]

Has anyone considered the unthinkable?

What if FS thought people like Bellamy and Robert to be cancers?

What if Fred agreed with the decisions of Souness in his shite treatment of these players? What if Fred brought Souness here specifically to do what he's been doing in terms of getting more time from Shearer?

If this is what Fred believes, then the only other thing Fred has to beleve in order to NOT sack the wanker at all, is that injuries are causing the problem.

I'm off for a glass of brandy while I ponder these horrendous thoughts.

80075[/snapback]

TBH I've thought for quite some time that Fatty brought Souness here knowing he was never going to be a success and with the only notion of getting rid of the likes of Bellamy and Robert.

Reminds of 'Only Fools and Horses' when Del Boy was asked by Cassandra's Dad what he wanted to drink -

Del Boy  'Brandy'

Cassandra's Dad 'Armagnac ok?'

Del Boy 'Well ok, if you haven't got a Brandy' ;)

80091[/snapback]

Thinly veiled jibe at southerners tbh. Can't help yourself.

I think Oliver is slowly accepting the fact that most of us are dreading but, if we're totally honest, is likely to happen....

80068[/snapback]

What if Fred agreed with the decisions of Souness in his shite treatment of these players? What if Fred brought Souness here specifically to do what he's been doing in terms of getting more time from Shearer?

If this is what Fred believes, then the only other thing Fred has to beleve in order to NOT sack the wanker at all, is that injuries are causing the problem.

80075[/snapback]

TBH I've thought for quite some time that Fatty brought Souness here knowing he was never going to be a success and with the only notion of getting rid of the likes of Bellamy and Robert.

80094[/snapback]

Somehow I seriously doubt that. If he was that desperate to get rid of them, he could have done it himself.

80068[/snapback]

80075[/snapback]

80094[/snapback]

Somehow I seriously doubt that. If he was that desperate to get rid of them, he could have done it himself.

80183[/snapback]

Renton -

What do you think the reaction would have been from supporters if FS had taken it upon himself to boot out Bellamy and Robert pre-Souness and his propaganda campaign?

The flak from Bellamy and Robert that eventually turned some people against these players was engineered by Souness, prior to his arrival Bellamy wasn't much of a problem. Neither was Robert really, apart from to those who believe what he is reported to have said.

I think Dyer was regarded by many as the biggest problem in the club until Souness arrived.

If you were FF and wanted to buy NUFC would you take the action which would mean share prodces going up. Or would you think that the team were too good for relegation. What if I just let the prices drop for a bit.

80185[/snapback]

This has been suggested before. There's no evidence to believe it, neither is there any proof this is not the reason, I just don't believe it though because it's too risky.

We are on the edge as it is, I don't think we're going to get 40 points so we're going to be relying on there being some really shit teams in the PL this season. What would it mean for Fred's investment if the club went to the wall through being relegated?

Edited by Howaythelads

If you were FF and wanted to buy NUFC would you take the action which would mean share prodces going up. Or would you think that the team were too good for relegation. What if I just let the prices drop for a bit.

80185[/snapback]

This has been suggested before. There's no evidence to believe it, neither is there any proof this is not the reason, I just don't believe it though because it's too risky.

We are on the edge as it is, I don't think we're going to get 40 points so we're going to be relying on there being some really shit teams in the PL this season. What would it mean for Fred's investment if the club went to the wall through being relegated?

80189[/snapback]

Do you think he might lose millions and become bankrupt? I think you may have found a silver lining.

80068[/snapback]

80075[/snapback]

80094[/snapback]

80183[/snapback]

Renton -

What do you think the reaction would have been from supporters if FS had taken it upon himself to boot out Bellamy and Robert pre-Souness and his propaganda campaign?

The flak from Bellamy and Robert that eventually turned some people against these players was engineered by Souness, prior to his arrival Bellamy wasn't much of a problem. Neither was Robert really, apart from to those who believe what he is reported to have said.

I think Dyer was regarded by many as the biggest problem in the club until Souness arrived.

80186[/snapback]

You see this is where you've always got me wrong HTL, Souness never persuaded me that Bellamy and Robert were the problems at this club, I'd made that decision when SBR was manager. I'd had my full of Bellamy after the chair-throwing incident at the airport and said at the time we should cut our loses on the petulant little tosspot (for which I was shouted down by many, including those who are now vehemently anti-Bellamy).

I lost all respect for Robert after the home game with Marseille. In what was one of the biggest games in nearly 25 years of watching this club, he just didn't seem to be interested or care...

Dyer WAS a problem, agreed but I feel with regards to his off the field antics, he's sorted himself out since Souness took over.

For the record, I did rate Bellamy was a player and wished to fuck that he hadn't done the things he did and was still banging the goals in for us. I even agree that to an extent, Souness had it in for him from the start but as I said, my opinions on Bellamy were cemented long before Souness took over...

80068[/snapback]

80075[/snapback]

80094[/snapback]

80183[/snapback]

Renton -

80186[/snapback]

You see this is where you've always got me wrong HTL, Souness never persuaded me that Bellamy and Robert were the problems at this club, I'd made that decision when SBR was manager. I'd had my full of Bellamy after the chair-throwing incident at the airport and said at the time we should cut our loses on the petulant little tosspot (for which I was shouted down by many, including those who are now vehemently anti-Bellamy).

I lost all respect for Robert after the home game with Marseille. In what was one of the biggest games in nearly 25 years of watching this club, he just didn't seem to be interested or care...

Dyer WAS a problem, agreed but I feel with regards to his off the field antics, he's sorted himself out since Souness took over.

For the record, I did rate Bellamy was a player and wished to fuck that he hadn't done the things he did and was still banging the goals in for us. I even agree that to an extent, Souness had it in for him from the start but as I said, my opinions on Bellamy were cemented long before Souness took over...

80448[/snapback]

So before Souness, you'd already decided you wanted Bellamy out of the club, based on off-the-pitch antics, and Robert based on a poor performance when the whole team was shit? Yet you were happy to keep Dyer (obviously, since you imply he was right to get a second - or should that be twentieth - chance), despite his numerous off-the-pitch indiscretions (which were far worse and more consistent than Bellamy's), his poor form on the pitch, his constant injuries, his refusal to play in positions for us he laps up for England, his dismissal of the arm band, and ultimately the huge part he played (which he admitted) in Robson's dismissal? ;)

Souness will still be manager until the summer :rolleyes:

80068[/snapback]

80075[/snapback]

80094[/snapback]

80183[/snapback]

Renton -

80186[/snapback]

80448[/snapback]

So before Souness, you'd already decided you wanted Bellamy out of the club, based on off-the-pitch antics, and Robert based on a poor performance when the whole team was shit? Yet you were happy to keep Dyer (obviously, since you imply he was right to get a second - or should that be twentieth - chance), despite his numerous off-the-pitch indiscretions (which were far worse and more consistent than Bellamy's), his poor form on the pitch, his constant injuries, his refusal to play in positions for us he laps up for England, his dismissal of the arm band, and ultimately the huge part he played (which he admitted) in Robson's dismissal? ;)

80462[/snapback]

I haven't actually said that, nor was I alluding to it - what I said was that he's sorted himself out since the Boro game incident..

;)

Bellamy no, but I made it clear before Souness came in that I'd reached the end of my tether with Robert. I'd rather we either bought in a replacement or at least brought in some competition to give him a kick up the arse. Strangely, when Souness first came in I thought Robert's game improved for about 5 or 6 games, but then he drifted back into half-arsedness. I'm not saying this was all his fault though, we don't know how Souness was treating him, but I certainly wasn't that arsed to see him go.

80068[/snapback]

80075[/snapback]

80094[/snapback]

80183[/snapback]

Renton -

80186[/snapback]

80448[/snapback]

80462[/snapback]

most of us who defended Bellamy right from the start, and said it was Souness' agenda right from the start too, have admitted that Bellamy was out of order ref the chair throwing incident, have done so at least on the basis that he performed on the pitch - consistently and with tremendous desire that I have seen few players equal for Newcastle - to such a degreee that we were prepared to make allowances for his mouth and temperament and demand the manager give him slightly different treatment to the others, after all that is what good managers do.

Players aren't stupid, they want to win prizes they know who the players are in the team who will win them the tight games, well most of them do anyway.

However, in spite of the fact that I defended Dyer's goalscoring record and disappearing act in the past, to a degree, although it was far too often, on the basis that he never was, and never has been a central midfield, I feel that throwing the captains armband like he did is the single biggest insult I have ever seen a player give the club and it's supporters and is totally unforgiveable, especially in view of the way he smirked when he came on for England a few days later having had time to reflect on it.

Tommy Gibb was sold by Joe Harvey in the early 70's for putting a v sign up to those in the corner of the gallowgate who were hounding him[i saw this] - I felt sorry for Gibb but I can't feel sorry for Dyer at all.

Souness will still be manager until the summer :rolleyes:

80068[/snapback]

80075[/snapback]

80094[/snapback]

80183[/snapback]

Renton -

80186[/snapback]

80448[/snapback]

80462[/snapback]

most of us who defended Bellamy right from the start, and said it was Souness' agenda right from the start too, have admitted that Bellamy was out of order ref the chair throwing incident, have done so at least on the basis that he performed on the pitch - consistently and with tremendous desire that I have seen few players equal for Newcastle - to such a degreee that we were prepared to make allowances for his mouth and temperament and demand the manager give him slightly different treatment to the others, after all that is what good managers do.

Players aren't stupid, they want to win prizes they know who the players are in the team who will win them the tight games, well most of them do anyway.

However, in spite of the fact that I defended Dyer's goalscoring record and disappearing act in the past, to a degree, although it was far too often, on the basis that he never was, and never has been a central midfield, I feel that throwing the captains armband like he did is the single biggest insult I have ever seen a player give the club and it's supporters and is totally unforgiveable, especially in view of the way he smirked when he came on for England a few days later having had time to reflect on it.

Tommy Gibb was sold by Joe Harvey in the early 70's for putting a v sign up to those in the corner of the gallowgate who were hounding him[i saw this] - I felt sorry for Gibb but I can't feel sorry for Dyer at all.

80472[/snapback]

Agree completely. And Dyer's reward under Souness? A pay rise and the promise that the team will be built around him, whilst Bellamy and Robert are hounded out the club. ;)

I dont even see the chair throwing incident as being that bad. Carver has said that the whole incident was his fault and that he was to blame for winding Bellamy up, didnt he even smack him one first??

Who hasnt lost their rag and done something similar? Consider first that chair throwing could have been just grabbing a chair and flinging it in someones general direction rather than actually picking it up and throwing it directly at Carver.

take away the Souness incident and I dont think Bellamys in the same league as Dyer yet (with most) the shit never seems to stick to him.

Edited by luckypierre

and to add to the last.....the desire that Bellamy showed for Newcastle, added to the fact that he played for a season and a half with a knee that caused him a lot of pain is such that I am staggered that people condemn for "not wanting to play for the club".....like, bracket him with Marcelino...or when asked what he would do if Rooney arrived, gave the answer any half decent professional who wants to play football would give.

I'm not quibbling with Craigs answer, especially if he had his view at the time, he's entitled to that, but this is mine and how I compare the two players.

OK Craig, so you wanted Dyer to get the Souness treatment too then? Just so I am clear about this.

80469[/snapback]

Again you're putting words there that I haven't said :rolleyes:

I didn't want any player to get the 'Souness treatment' as you put it...

OK Craig, so you wanted Dyer to get the Souness treatment too then? Just so I am clear about this.

80469[/snapback]

80486[/snapback]

Look, I could go back and highlight your quotes, but perhaps it will be easier if you just clarify what you meant.

Under SBR, who did you want shot of - Bellamy, Robert and/or Dyer?

80469[/snapback]

80486[/snapback]

Look, I could go back and highlight your quotes, but perhaps it will be easier if you just clarify what you meant.

80496[/snapback]

If only toon-chat still existed, eh??

For the record, at different times under SBR I stated that I wanted rid of all 3. I cannot for the life of me understand why Kieron Dyer has been given the contract he has but what I have commented on is that since his indescretion against Boro 18 months ago, he's kept himself 'clean'...

(I don't blame him for the incident in the Villa match as I think if that nutcase had done that to me I'd have tried to lamp him as well!)

80469[/snapback]

80486[/snapback]

80496[/snapback]

If only toon-chat still existed, eh??

For the record, at different times under SBR I stated that I wanted rid of all 3. I cannot for the life of me understand why Kieron Dyer has been given the contract he has but what I have commented on is that since his indescretion against Boro 18 months ago, he's kept himself 'clean'...

(I don't blame him for the incident in the Villa match as I think if that nutcase had done that to me I'd have tried to lamp him as well!)

80498[/snapback]

He's kept himself clean (apart form the urination incident), but then again he's hardly played a match in this time!

Fair enough Craig, at least I understand what you meant even if I disagree. We are certainly a poorer side imo for the loss of these players (I include Dyer as I think he has no future left in football).