Paypal

Kid Dynamite

My wife advertised her phone for sale on eBay and some guy from France wanted to buy it. He offered £100 and she said she would take that if he bought it outside of eBay to save fees. He agreed, paid and the phone was sent.

A week later he opened up a paypal dispute because he said the phone wasn't as described. It was, and I'm not sure how that counts anyway as it wasn't sold through eBay so their buyer protection doesn't count. Either way, a week later the guy hadn't bothered responding to his own dispute so it was closed in my wife's favour and she got to keep the £100.

Then today the phone turns up in the post, minus the charger. He's obviously under the impression he's still getting his £100 back.

Where do we stand? I take it you can't open up a 2nd dispute for the same item just because you lost the first one?

I recently sold a load of phones on ebay and there was a ridiculous number of people who contacted me offering more than market value looking to send money via Paypal outside of ebay. I'm still not sure what the scam was but I avoided it anyway.

I think it's fairly easy to cancel transactions on PayPal. I remember I used to listen to a podcast and the bloke on there had sold a MacBook and agreed to meet the bloke to hand it over. Anyway, he did and they logged into the PayPal account at the time to make sure the bloke had paid. By the time he got home the transaction had been canceled and he was down a computer.

I think it's fairly easy to cancel transactions on PayPal. I remember I used to listen to a podcast and the bloke on there had sold a MacBook and agreed to meet the bloke to hand it over. Anyway, he did and they logged into the PayPal account at the time to make sure the bloke had paid. By the time he got home the transaction had been canceled and he was down a computer.

I once bought an amp like that. :lol:

Turned up to pick the Item up with the cash and he insisted I paid over paypal so he could 'be sure'. So I sat down on his computer and he watched me pay for it.

Freaked out. Cracking amp though,

He gave them a tracking number. We've disputed it again, I at least want the charger back so I can sell the phone again

Suggest you try asking nicely first, for it back. Its a long shot but sometimes folk can be reasonable.

Ive sold optical gear to spain before and had no problem. Whereas the most hassle ive ever had was from people in yorkshire.

They can actually.

They are taking the piss now. We complained about not getting everything back and were told 7 days ago a manager would call to sort it out. We then called back and played hell and they said they would send an email with a form on for us to fill in. 2 days letter, no email and we get a phone call demanding payment back or they are taking it out of the wife's account. They then proceeded to argue for 15 minutes that we should just pay the money back anyway and we can sort the rest out later. :lol: 2 hopes

So we got the form to fill in. You have to copy and paste it into a word document, fill it in, and then upload it onto the PayPal website. Except the PayPal website only allows pictures to be uploaded?

So I fanny on cutting and pasting screenshots of the word document into a picture and upload that. We call paypal to let them know and they said they can't accept it as it needs a proper signature on rather than a typed one. They suggest I print a copy off, sign it, take a picture of the letter on my phone and then upload it as a picture!

And then they casually tell us that the account is currently blacklisted, they have already paid this clown £100 back without checking what he was he actually sent. He could have sent an empty envelope for all they knew. So now we are £100 in debt to paypal.

This is a billion $ company ffs!!!!!

So we got the form to fill in. You have to copy and paste it into a word document, fill it in, and then upload it onto the PayPal website. Except the PayPal website only allows pictures to be uploaded?

So I fanny on cutting and pasting screenshots of the word document into a picture and upload that. We call paypal to let them know and they said they can't accept it as it needs a proper signature on rather than a typed one. They suggest I print a copy off, sign it, take a picture of the letter on my phone and then upload it as a picture!

And then they casually tell us that the account is currently blacklisted, they have already paid this clown £100 back without checking what he was he actually sent. He could have sent an empty envelope for all they knew. So now we are £100 in debt to paypal.

This is a billion $ company ffs!!!!!

I would tell them to fuck the hell off. Seriously. Start talking about citizens advice and reporting the case to a regulator. You have all of the information, Paypal have clearly messed this up - go through it with them if they'll listen, and if they won't; report them.

They're not above the law and the longer this goes one the more it'll cost them. Eventually some manager will just knock it on the head.