True Detective... Contains Spoilers to S01E08

Tooj

I'd agree with that - although I was gripped throughout as I wasn't sure what was going to go down. I think they'd left too much to fit into the last episode.

Got up at 5 this morning to watch it before work. :lol:

Every scene throughout the series with the two of them is was superb. The ending wasn't really as amazing as I was hoping for but like Gem I'm glad they didn't leave a load of shit hanging.

I assume the whole Yellow King and Carcosa thing was just a bit of a red herring in terms of how it related to the book (ie it didn't really at all).

Cant really see where it can go into another season. Marty and Rust's stories seem to be over, as is that of the killer. The only link I can see left open is in to Tuttle's family presumably by new detectives.

I thought the whole point was it wasn't going to go into a new season and it was going to start afresh with different characters? Or did I make that up? :lol:

I think it'll be an entirely different set of characters/cast. They probably couldn't afford to keep Harrelson/McConaughey on anyway, but they'll have got a lot of other decent actors interested in doing an 8 episode run.

I thought the whole point was it wasn't going to go into a new season and it was going to start afresh with different characters? Or did I make that up? :lol:

No I think that's right but I was just assuming there would be something tying them together otherwise it's not really the same show is it? Same name but with, a different story, set of characters and cast doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's not like they've set it in some kind of alternate world that a new story could be set in but it would be still recongnizable as the same program.

They might as well just call it something else but say it's from the makers of True Detective.

Didn't know there was a comic. Is it linked to this or does it just have the same name?

At the end of the day I don't suppose it matters if the next season is completely different as long as the quality remains the same.