We should get rid of Trident.

Park Life

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Uk and the USA kept their fat noses out of things we would have no need for shitey expensive nuclear never use weapons.

I agree, but in reality it just isn't possible. I mean 5-6 years ago I'd never catch myself saying things like that...But the fact is that competing nations like China and India are very resource hungry with leaping GDP's and will if allowed to cut us out of many future deals (Look at China in Africa and deals all over the place).

BRICS over the next decade will become a serious threat to our hegemony on resources and financial dominance. The 'old world' elites will fight to the death (our deaths not theirs) to hold onto what they have and that includes priming new conflict arenas through proxy forces (ala Ukraine).

The alternative of 'working together' and 'sharing' resources just isn't on the table. It will never be serioulsy discussed till 'host' poulations understand that 'resource adventurism' doesn't really benefit us the people. It benefits big companies who keep nearly all their profits these days. Capitalism relies on state armies to control its assets and state banks for emergency finance. As a model it was finished sometime in the 70's.

Edited by Park Life

If people globally spent more money on education than they do on their military we'd probably have FTL drives by now.

And hoverboards

Needs a special surface.

Just smooth metal isn't it?

When the machines take over I'd imagine they'll sort that shit out ASAP.

Smaller countries/regions whose "autonomy" we have interests in.

Yeah but they're not directly threatening us. Even if Putin attempted to restore the USSR neither side would actually use nuclear weapons.

Yeah but they're not directly threatening us. Even if Putin attempted to restore the USSR neither side would actually use nuclear weapons.

Its not about using it though is it. Just the threat.

England aren't a power in this world anymore, agreed, but they need a deterrent.

Why? Because they have the ultimate one, and the world view can change quite quickly. How they go about deploying this deterrent is something else. Just leave the Greens out of the debate.

The people of Shepherds Bush need a deterrent for all the Australians there.

so if Mr Putin decides not to stop at Ukraine but to roll back to 1989 what do you do to stop him???

The nuclear deterent didn't stop him doing what he wanted in Ukraine so why would it make a difference in the future?

Edited by Alex

aaaaaa another Conspiracy Theory from the Master..................

Straight from Russia Today. The irony of the internet truth-seekers being spoon fed KGB propaganda by their official media outlet and thinking its an alternative to the truth because the BBC is full of paedophiles or something.

Anyone brought up in the UK who prefers the RT version of events over the BBC needs their head checking.