Kodi

Christmas Tree

So what's the latest thinking on the best way to do this?.... I've seen these pre loaded kodi sticks wykiki is on about, I take it they just run from the remote/keyboard that's supplied with them? If it is better then why are you having problems @@wykikitoon ? Or is it better to buy a Amazon fire stick? If that's the case I presume you run the thing from your laptop/tablet after downloading the software and cast it to your tv? :unsure:

I've been using the fire stick and the fire tv for nearly a year and both work perfectly. If you buy "pre-loaded", you are usually paying an extra £20 for someone to do a few minutes work for you.

The important thing is you WILL need to do it yourself at some point as the ad dons can need up dating fairly often.

There's more complex hardware available than the fire products but not needed by the average joe who just wants to watch movies, TV and sport.

Say you buy a £35 fire stick. Stick it in your TV and turn it on.

Grab your shiney new iPhone and download the 99p app mentioned earlier in this thread.

You then go to the kodi site on your iPhone and download kodi to this new app. It automatically asks if you want to send it to kodi.

All in all, this process takes 1 minute.

You now have Kodi on your Firestick. There's other ways of doing it for free, but this is 99p well spent.

Once you have Kodi on your stick you then add a few addons as mentioned a few posts ago or add a build with all you'll ever need and more.

This part of the process is also only minutes long.

You're good to go.

I've been using the fire stick and the fire tv for nearly a year and both work perfectly. If you buy "pre-loaded", you are usually paying an extra £20 for someone to do a few minutes work for you.

The important thing is you WILL need to do it yourself at some point as the ad dons can need up dating fairly often.

There's more complex hardware available than the fire products but not needed by the average joe who just wants to watch movies, TV and sport.

Say you buy a £35 fire stick. Stick it in your TV and turn it on.

Grab your shiney new iPhone and download the 99p app mentioned earlier in this thread.

You then go to the kodi site on your iPhone and download kodi to this new app. It automatically asks if you want to send it to kodi.

All in all, this process takes 1 minute.

You now have Kodi on your Firestick. There's other ways of doing it for free, but this is 99p well spent.

Once you have Kodi on your stick you then add a few addons as mentioned a few posts ago or add a build with all you'll ever need and more.

This part of the process is also only minutes long.

You're good to go.

Ok...so all I need to watch is an Amazon fire stick and I can control all content and downloads on to it from my phone?... There's none of this "cast" shenanigans?...

edit 1: And the current Mrs PL will need to be able to control it from her (android) phone, I take it she can do it by getting the equivalent app?...

edit 2: shes just informed me a firestick comes with a remote control and you control it with that :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

PL, the Fife sticks aren't pre loaded, the android tv boxes are.

Wykiki, you should go to 'update addons' in system preferences first and make sure they are all up to date. As Phoenix is updated regularly then it will certainly be out of date and auto updates don't run themselves all the time. If it out of date, it won't work.

CT, Fusion is the name of the repo of the group called TV Addons, they have an installer and a build on offer which are all found in the fusion repository.

Ok...so all I need to watch is an Amazon fire stick and I can control all content and downloads on to it from my phone?... There's none of this "cast" shenanigans?...

edit 1: And the current Mrs PL will need to be able to control it from her (android) phone, I take it she can do it by getting the equivalent app?...

edit 2: shes just informed me a firestick comes with a remote control and you control it with that :lol:

Aye, it comes with a remote. :lol:

PL, the Fife sticks aren't pre loaded, the android tv boxes are.

Wykiki, you should go to 'update addons' in system preferences first and make sure they are all up to date. As Phoenix is updated regularly then it will certainly be out of date and auto updates don't run themselves all the time. If it out of date, it won't work.

CT, Fusion is the name of the repo of the group called TV Addons, they have an installer and a build on offer which are all found in the fusion repository.

Firesticks pre loaded are a massive seller in the uk. Basically it's blokes just buying them, adding the software and flogging them on for £50-£60 quid.

Aye I shall update again tonight, I thought I had got them all.

When I go into Phoenix I get to say Sky Sports and Link 1 and it starts to open it, then the bottom right hand corner it says working and then nothing happens.

Aye I shall update again tonight, I thought I had got them all.

When I go into Phoenix I get to say Sky Sports and Link 1 and it starts to open it, then the bottom right hand corner it says working and then nothing happens.

Which box have you got.

Also a lot of the sky sports links don't work in some addons.

There's better addons for sky sports than pheonix.

On sale as well today at £29

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=pe_2338551_146232791_pe_hero_right/?ASIN=B00KAKUN3E

Which box have you got.

Also a lot of the sky sports links don't work in some addons.

There's better addons for sky sports than pheonix.

I got this one

Sounds like I just need to load a decent package on.  One of the lads who I work with has the same one and can get Sports no problem.

Its, not just sports though I am having issues with, its all of them :lol:

PL, don't buy a pre loaded stick. Buy your own and do it, the online guides are so simple, you're just handing money over for nowt.

Fwiw I would buy a Fire box over the stick cos it just runs that bit better. Stick is fine though if you aren't sure about it.

PL, don't buy a pre loaded stick. Buy your own and do it, the online guides are so simple, you're just handing money over for nowt.

Fwiw I would buy a Fire box over the stick cos it just runs that bit better. Stick is fine though if you aren't sure about it.

You got one of them guides sexy?

I got this one

Sounds like I just need to load a decent package on. One of the lads who I work with has the same one and can get Sports no problem.

Its, not just sports though I am having issues with, its all of them :lol:

It mentions Genesis addon in that ad which is old and knackered.

If it was mine, I would go into the settings for the kodi app and delete the data (it's one click on the fire stick) which leaves you with a fresh clean kodi that you can then add either a build too or separate addons.

Really exodus and NJM will probably get you most stuff you will ever watch. I just prefer the builds for all the random stuff such as women fighting in lingerie etc

You could also (as Chez) says go into each separate addon and update but it sounds like they've just stuck all sorts of crap on.

Regarding the settings, it's a piece of piss to do on the stick but you should double check your own box before deleting stuff :lol:

You got one of them guides sexy?

Everything you need is on the seo-michael.co.uk website. If you Google install kodi firestick and click on the links for his website you'll have everything you need.

Credit to CT for this in the first place btw, the gigantic silly cunt. ;)

Cheers gents, Mrs PL has duly taken over the Kodi department after she acknowledged yet again that I'm an tech moron :D

She'd got the deal before I saw this, duly ordered the stick WITH the 30 day trial of Amazon Prime to ensure prompt delivery tomorrow....now all I have to do is go out and buy a new TV with a USB port that our 7 year old Samsung doesn't have :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

Is there a way of getting shut of all add-ons in one go? Ive got hundreds loaded on mine

I told you the other day. Look for settings for kodi, outside of the kodi app. There should be a delete data button.

Failing that go into programs and see if there's a wizard in there that says fresh start.

I told you the other day. Look for settings for kodi, outside of the kodi app. There should be a delete data button.

Failing that go into programs and see if there's a wizard in there that says fresh start.

Got it

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it