Retirement Age

Anorthernsoul

Thing is pensions have always been a bit iffy - the everage life expectancy of males used to be roughly 67 so on average you got two years in retirement before dying. It's gone up a bit (now stalled) but its still not great in releation to 65 let alone 68.

Another thing is they use annuities on private pensions based on death at a hundred so 35 years currently - very few blokes live that long so its pretty much a rip-off.

I wonder what the life expectancy will be when the Tories have their way with the NHS. It's already gone down under their government...

I logged into one of my private pensions the other day for the first time in years and couldn't believe how shit it'd been doing. It had a good year last year where it outperformed the preceding 4 years combined. You can fiddle about with it and how risky you want to let them be, I'm just on whatever the default setting is when they set it up, don't really have the confidence to start changing stuff. Does anybody on here manage their own?

I can't see it performing too well over the next few months mind :lol: I've been off for 4 weeks now, my appeal isn't until next week. Can't say I'm missing the daily grind like. Feel physically better than I have for years, I was paggered. The only incentive I have to find work is to keep the car running, but the fucking jobs on offer man. I fucked Nissan off before the skills test. Drove through the day before and what a fucking commute, and I love getting out in the car. Turn off the A1 then shite packed 50mph dual carriageways all the way. About 27 mile as well, the 21 I'd read must have been as the crow flies. I'd have been about 400 quid a month worse off than before at least with fuel factored in, losing 10 hours commuting and racking up the miles on the car. Fuck that. I'm going to start a gofundme page to keep me in unemployment and quirkily blog about my antics. Who wouldn't chip in?