Jump to content

Fifa 18


Recommended Posts

Demo now available for FIFA 18, going to take a while to download (8GB).  Looking forward to playing it.  I'm downloading it while playing PES 2018.  

 

I'd advise people to at least give the demo of PES a go.  It's the best version of football sim I've ever played and just pipped FIFA last season to the purists choice.  Option file on PS4 takes care of the lack of licenses.

 

Still, FIFA demo could still see it crowned champion this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd access to the closed fifa18 demo and didn't really play it much tbh

Pace is king again it seems like back in 15/16, sheilding has been toned down so messi can hold off lukaku as well as he did...but not enough

 

defending with the ai has been made less effective but controling defenders is still ropey

 

R2 and no touch dribbling is dead

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played the demo a bit.  Not as free-flowing or satisfying as PES 2018 for me.

 

Does FIFA just reward you the more you put into it?  I played it for years (while it was clearly superior) but didn't put a lot of time into it, so maybe PES is better for casuals.

 

Tried myClub for the first time last night, which is fucking addictive.

Edited by adios
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol: it is that bad, i played my first game in it last night and scored 3 "chip shots" like that lifting it over the keeper, just same as the clip he rushes out and as soon as they get within a few yards start to lay down lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off work Ill & that's the only thing tempting me as I'm dependant on the Doc signing me off and at the moment that's not likely.

 

I will play it but the game is ALWAYS flawed in some respect or other. The journey is kind of worth doing....but mostly I'd just play seasons online.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Give PES a go FFS! :razz: 

 

My problem right now is it's too "easy" to put in perfect crosses and through balls but going totally manual is too far in the other direction.  They've even got rid of the manual through ball option which I liked and used a lot.

 

I can also turn the level up to where the computer hammers me, so it's not easy in that sense.

 

Am very tempted to just join @Rayvin on Rocket League.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, adios said:

Give PES a go FFS! :razz: 

 

My problem right now is it's too "easy" to put in perfect crosses and through balls but going totally manual is too far in the other direction.  They've even got rid of the manual through ball option which I liked and used a lot.

 

I can also turn the level up to where the computer hammers me, so it's not easy in that sense.

 

Am very tempted to just join @Rayvin on Rocket League.

 

 

15 quid. It's not even expensive.

 

Also, while I have it on PS4, I'm only good on the PC. Which means we wouldn't have a huge skill gap. Its cross compatible anyway though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't buy many games anyway, so it's not like I'll be devastated if it doesn't work out.

 

I've already got more play out of PES and BF1 than I have for many years of console gaming before this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adios said:

I don't buy many games anyway, so it's not like I'll be devastated if it doesn't work out.

 

I've already got more play out of PES and BF1 than I have for many years of console gaming before this.

 

Just as a thought. If you get it on the PC I can promise you a far better standard of play ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 2:25 PM, Rayvin said:

 

15 quid. It's not even expensive.

 

Also, while I have it on PS4, I'm only good on the PC. Which means we wouldn't have a huge skill gap. Its cross compatible anyway though.

Downloading <_<

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...