Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

What style is defined by the current Romanian New Wave? Or the Germnan New Wave of the last few years?

Doesn't Mutu play up front for them?

German expressionism, now there was a film movement.

What style is defined by the current Romanian New Wave? Or the Germnan New Wave of the last few years?

Metropolis :yes

Dr. Caligari :razz:

Guest alex

I remember seeing Metropolis as a little kid. Scary shit I thought. Keep meaning to watch it again. I've only got about 130 films on my Amazon (soon to be LoveFilm) list though.

I was thinking more M, Nosferato and Der blaue Engel (although Sloop no doubt will point out it isn't true expressionist).

Dr Caligari is ok but nowt special.

That final scene of The 400 Blows did nothing to change my mind but I did think the bit in the other link where the kid kept making a mess of his book was quite funny. If the rest of the film was like that I may have been entertained.

I remember seeing Metropolis as a little kid. Scary shit I thought. Keep meaning to watch it again. I've only got about 130 films on my Amazon (soon to be LoveFilm) list though.

I saw the re-released Queen scored colourised version first, thank god it didn't scar me deep enough to stop me returning to watch the original.

Metropolis :razz:

Dr. Caligari :)

I was thinking more M, Nosferato and Der blaue Engel (although Sloop no doubt will point out it isn't true expressionist).

M, Nosferateau :D

Der blaue Engel :yes I'm sure it'll be streamed somewhere so I might try and watch that without being caught this afternoon.

Das Experiment.

Brilliant, brilliant film.

Brock, how many times have you said that now?

It would have to be up there with the number of times you listen to bowling for soup and thompers having a tug over kid rock.

Das Experiment.

Brilliant, brilliant film.

Brock, how many times have you said that now?

It would have to be up there with the number of times you listen to bowling for soup and thompers having a tug over kid rock.

Saw it with the lass last night.

Someone nicked my other copy so I ordered it the other day. And it is a brilliant film, so shush.

Der blaue Engel :yes I'm sure it'll be streamed somewhere so I might try and watch that without being caught this afternoon.

The Blue Angel Marlene Dietrich!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_blaue_Engel

Yeah, I had a look.

Interesting, how they did a Blazing Saddles cover 50 years before it came out. :razz:

If you're looking for film and I haven't seen this since graduating from uni a *cough* long time ago but I remember Fritz Lang's Hangmen also die! co-written by Bertold Brecht, was one of those films you have to see.

Guest alex
Bad Boy Bubby. Class.

:yes

Didn't you like it? I thought it was well funny.

I thought it was hilarious, aye.

I was laughing with you, not at you.

Ah, righto.